Which dual quad set up?

-
I ran a tunnel ram and 2 600's on my 68 and it for sure went thru the hood. I have heard of using 2" spacers between the K-frame and the body that will give more clearance.

vbpgimage.php

I run a indy tunnel ram on my low deck motor with 1050s and it fits under my sixpack scoop,,tunnel ram would look cool on the street out the hood,or you might want to keep it under the hood so it looks like its a sleeper,or the taller sixpack scoop would be cool,even though mines a race car I wish I can drive it on the street

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to mount the motor low in the engine bay....Some of us have to navigate our way down unmaintained dirt roads....

Charger426, forgive the rude and hasty retreat and reply. I am ill equipped to answer this question but I do also have a question for the masses.

Does anyone have a picture of a Weiand Tunnel Ram in/on there Duster?
How does it compare in height to the Offy on the first page?

Charger426, forgive the rude and hasty retreat and reply. I am ill equipped to answer this question but I do also have a question for the masses.

Does anyone have a picture of a Weiand Tunnel Ram in/on there Duster?
How does it compare in height to the Offy on the first page?

Rumblefish360 here is a picture of the Weiand Tunnel ram in my 440 big block powered 73 dodge dart. please pay no mind to my leaking holley carbs. I got some new gaskets just have not got around to installing them yet or get another quick change bowl for the other Holley carb.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 007.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 305
Thanks. No worries about how any bodies stuff looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Or driver.

Would you have a shot of how far the carbs stick up through the hood? I have a scoop I might run. Like the one below except the one below is a 6 pack scoop from Edelbrock. I also have the dual quad version.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 268
Thanks. No worries about how any bodies stuff looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Or driver.

Would you have a shot of how far the carbs stick up through the hood? I have a scoop I might run. Like the one below except the one below is a 6 pack scoop from Edelbrock. I also have the dual quad version.

the best pic of how far the carbs stick out is the middle pic i posted.i don't have any pics of the carbs sticking out of the hood with out the hood scoop. also if you cab find one the mopar M1 tunnel ram is a good 1/2- 1 inch shorter in high compared to the wieand intake.

Bringing this back up. Anyone have any experience with Indy's ModMan intake? The price of edelbrock's CH28 and a ModMan with a dual 4 lid are about the same.

If I was buying new,, I would buy the ModMan for the street,,But I don't have a dog in this hunt. Like said above,I'm the guy above that can't even tune one carb.....:banghead:

I'm starting to lean towards the ModMan. Just from other reviews and stuff. I haven't found a head to head comparison though. As far as tuning carbs this will be my first time tuning an edelbrock style carb but always looking to learn new things.

I'm going to run a 400 stroker .... going to use a Weiand and hood clearance not a problem

Attachments

• P1010657.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 202
I've run a ModMan with a Dominator on the dyno. We had to build our own custom top to get it to work right.

I have a complete ModMan with dual and single 4bbl tops for sale. I need to get around to posting it in the for sale section on the board.

Attachments

• 514modman.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 177
  • AR134MMa (Large).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 175
The OP was asking if a tunnel ram would fit under a 4" tall hood scoop not a plain hood.

I also vote tunnel ram it is the most efficient intake setup the main problem with streetability is how far the carbs are from the engine so they get no heat. I would definitely run a pair of holley-type carbs with annular boosters so you don't get fuel wash problems cruising around. And forget driving at all if it's below 50° outside.

Then again your headers are the same size as mine on my mild 360 so that's kind of a waste...

-
Back