Which Exhaust Manifolds?

-

Uhcoog1

Reaction score
Fellas-

I've got a set of jeep SRT-8 manifolds- they don't fit with manual steering box and torsion bars (though they do fit on Tin's with the alterktion).

I've seen some guys are running LX 5.7 manifolds? What about jeep 5.7 manifolds? And the truck 5.7 manifolds?

What modifications are needed to make the different manifolds fit?

Thanks!

I've got a set of car manifolds as well as a set of truck manifolds. I'm not going to use either of them. Since I have the alterktion I was hoping to find some SRT8 manifolds.

Anyway I've seen a few people say they used TTI headers. I've seen a couple of cars with truck manifolds as well. Not sure which fit though.

Riddler

I think GDemon used the car manifolds, but you have to clearance the frame rail on the passenger side with a cutout. From what I head the Jeep manifolds fit with no modifications, but I've not seen it in person. That's the route that some magazine took with the swap (I think Hot Rod maybe). I think the truck ones point right at the firewall, so while they may fit the bay okay I think it's hard to get pipes on them. I ended up going with TTI headers and while tight, everything fits okay. I was planning to use the LX car manifolds that came with my engine, but didn't want to cut up my frame.

I think GDemon used the car manifolds, but you have to clearance the frame rail on the passenger side with a cutout. From what I head the Jeep manifolds fit with no modifications, but I've not seen it in person. That's the route that some magazine took with the swap (I think Hot Rod maybe). I think the truck ones point right at the firewall, so while they may fit the bay okay I think it's hard to get pipes on them. I ended up going with TTI headers and while tight, everything fits okay. I was planning to use the LX car manifolds that came with my engine, but didn't want to cut up my frame.
My thoughts exaclty, only difference is I got a truck motor and dropped the motor in with the truck manifolds and it does point right at the firewall on the passenger side. On my car their isnt enough room to gert the exhaust on that side. I also TTi headers. Aj

sure that only a cutout is required to use srt8 car manifolds? what size?

Thanks Fellas.

Anyone out there running the Jeep 5.7 exhaust manifolds?

Anyone know if there were changes made to the Exhaust manifolds for the 09 Eagle heads (i.e. better flowing)?

Don't know about the SRT8 ones, the cutout is needed on the stock car manifolds for sure from what I hear though. I know a few people have looked into the Jeep SRT8 factory "headers", but I don't know that I've ever seen a picture of them installed in an A body yet.

.....Anyone know if there were changes made to the Exhaust manifolds for the 09 Eagle heads (i.e. better flowing)?

The 09+ 'Eagle' engines do have revised exhaust manifolds. The exhaust port shape was changed to a D shape like the 6.1 uses. I believe flow/performance was increased over the 08 down versions as well.

Somebody on here used the 09 manifolds in thier a-body... Not sure who or what manifolds...

In the hot rod magazine swap they used '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee manifolds PN 53013605AB left and 53013606AB right. The article says the lefthand manifold's structural ribbing must be ground for clearance.
The article can be found here: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/hrdp_0706_hemi_swap/index.html

I'm using TTI headers. There's not much clearance in many places, but they fit.

Earlier posts stated the Dakota/ Durango manifolds with part numbers ending 618 and 619 would work with small moifications. Later posts stated that any of those manifolds would overheat the body to the point you could smell jute backing on the carpet below the heater case. Just what I've read, not first hand knowledge.

Gdemon does not have SRT8 manifolds - he has regular 5.7 manifolds.

Don't know about the SRT8 ones, the cutout is needed on the stock car manifolds for sure from what I hear though. I know a few people have looked into the Jeep SRT8 factory "headers", but I don't know that I've ever seen a picture of them installed in an A body yet.

I've got the jeep SRT8 manifolds- before I had the manual steering box in, I thought I could make it work (running into torsion bar, but could have modified). However, once the manual steering box was in, I didn't see any way to make them fit.

I do know that the SRT8 jeep manifolds hug the block more than the lx srt manifolds. I'm guessing that's the case with the 5.7 manifolds as well, hence the need to clearance the frame with the 5.7 hemi LX exhaust manifolds.

If your using a 6.1 motor you will need the 2009 or newer 5.7 LX or Jeep manifolds so they will match the ports on the 6.1 head. IF your using a 5.7 you can use the 2008 and older lx or jeep manifolds. I have used the jeep manifolds on B and e body's but never on a A body. The should fit no problem. I just like the looks of the LX manifolds. Here are a feew pics of the frame modifications and a pic of all 4 manifolds. Top is SRT next is the LX next is the Jeep and ram on the bottom. The other good thing is the LX has the spot for the o2 sensor.

Attachments

• P9260003.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,140
  • P9260013.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,155
  • P9240002.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,107
  • Exhaust resize.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,202
In the hot rod magazine swap they used '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee manifolds PN 53013605AB left and 53013606AB right. The article says the lefthand manifold's structural ribbing must be ground for clearance.
The article can be found here: http://www.hotrod.com/howto/hrdp_0706_hemi_swap/index.html

I'm using TTI headers. There's not much clearance in many places, but they fit.

Thanks for the part numbers for the 05' jeep cherokee manifolds! I was able to track down part numbers for the 09' eagle head jeep cherokee manifolds today:
RT- 53013858AD $96-144 (prices I found)
LT- 53013857AD $92-138 (prices I found)

If your using a 6.1 motor you will need the 2009 or newer 5.7 LX or Jeep manifolds so they will match the ports on the 6.1 head. IF your using a 5.7 you can use the 2008 and older lx or jeep manifolds. I have used the jeep manifolds on B and e body's but never on a A body. The should fit no problem. I just like the looks of the LX manifolds. Here are a feew pics of the frame modifications and a pic of all 4 manifolds. Top is SRT next is the LX next is the Jeep and ram on the bottom. The other good thing is the LX has the spot for the o2 sensor.

Thanks for the pics Gdemon! They're a great help!

Here's a couple pics of the jeep SRT8 manifolds, for reference.

jeepsrt8manifolds.jpg

jeepsrt8manifolds2.jpg

I would be real interested in sending someone cash for those jeep manifolds!!! Seriously!

Cudabuck-
LOL Someone has dibs on them right now, I'll let you know if I run across another set!

-
Back