Which Intake manifold would you use?

-
Ditto, I'd use the dual plane for street/street strip useage.

Its going to be a weekend street/strip car. What gears in the rear would be apropriate for either intake?

Thanks again.
RD

I say its a matter of choice,on my 416 i used the air gap with a slightly smaller cam and 3.91 gears the duster ran 11.0's..but it would be nice to see what it would run with a single plane and the 4.30's i use now..

Depends on rpm you want to run. The rpm airgap will make great midrange power up to about 6500 rpm. I think the M-1 works better at upper rpm ranges.
I use the RPM airgap and love it. It made 520 hp at 5900-6000 rpm.

Air gap works really well.

If you plan to run juice, then run a single plane.

Need a bit more info on the engine.What is the compression,are the heads going to be ported and anything else you know about the engine.

DSC_3565wtmk[1].jpg

Weekend street strip car? Then theres no big care for a few things since it's just the weekend ride right?

Then, I myself would do the M1 and 4.10's or the 4.30's with a 27 - 28 inch tire. A spacer under the carb should show bennifits.

The cam's small. I'd stay with the RPM. If you had another 12-15° at .050 and another .040 lift the M1 would be the choice. Otherwise there's just not enough cam to really use the M1.

THe M1 is way better because it's going to feed the cylinders more even amounts of fuel.Single plains are way better intakes for performance motors.
The M1 is one of the smallest single plains available.
It's ment for stock heads and the air flow that it gives was designed based on stock engines and what they need for air demand.
A stock motor with a good performance cam with headers \ performance convertor \ gear 3.55 and up will run great with one.
If you give the M1 a four hole spacer it will have lots of low end and thats with stock cubes.
With your stroker you just increased the air demand of the motor plus you have rhs heads that flow more air then stock.
Duel plain intakes are ment for cars with no gear\no convertor.ie 2.94 gears
stock convertor 1800 stall.
DON'T GET ME WRONG DUEL PLAIN INTAKES ARE GREAT AND THE AIR GAP
INTAKE IS ON MANY FAST CARS, BUT IF YOU ARE RUNNIG A SINGLE PLAIN COMBINTION WHY STEP BACKWARDS.
WITH YOUR CUBES THAT M1 WILL PULL A TREE OUT OF THE GROUND WITH A FOUR HOLE SPACER:headbang:

Plenty of Dyno data backs up the Air Gap as one of the best intakes for a SB mopar. I think with this combo, it would make more or equal peak and better average power/tq than an M1.

As Moper mentioned, the cam isn't all that big. The manifold likely won't be the restriction on the intake side.

Put a 1" open spacer on the Air Gap, jet it up about 2 steps on each end and be surprised by the outcome.

Your young in age aint ya?

Thank you for all the input guys, If I was to run this cam...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-CL20-741-9/

Then you would have fun.

Would it make much of a difference in which manifold would work best?
The engine really dosen't care so long as the intake is designed for that RPM band. The different manifolds are only a few HP apart. Newer one add 15 HP over the previous best.

Also I was wondering, what style of roller cams do you guys prefer? Solid or tappet..

Thanks. RD

Theres 2 styles of roller cam. Read carefully;

Solid tappet

Hyd. Tappet

Each have there place and the person should realize this or be willing to live with the short comings or cave eats or charter of the choice.

Coolcool. What are some advantages/disadvantages between the two styles of roller camshafts? I do know the difference between the two, but never really got the scoop between why ones superior to the other. RD

A victor 340 is a good manifold too...I have one of those on my 408, with eddy heads and hyd roller cam...however, its still on the stand and was dyno'd over a year ago! lol...so, i dont know how streetable my engine will be...lol...thats what it was built for though..

-
Back