which master cylinder for 4 wheel disc...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
finally got my grubby mitts on a rear disc setup off of a 95 Cherokee (thanks to FABO member Danny_Depetro) and I already have the front disc setup from a 88 5th Avenue. What master cylinder will work in my 72 Duster for this setup? Also I would really like to go power brakes (if possible). I scrounged a old Wilwood adjustable prop valve out of one of the crates o' stuff I got around. I know, I know,,, "don't know why, why would you wanna power brakes wanna wanna???". Look, after jumping out of perfectly good airplanes for 10 years my knees don't wanna push no harder than they have to!!! How bout this, what m/c do I need to stay manual and will it work if I find a booster with the bracket and stuff later down the road? If yes, great. If not, well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!8)

I bought a 4 wheel disc brake kit from Master Power. It uses stock style 73-76 disc brakes for the front and Firebird discs and Cadillac calipers on the rear. It came with a stock 73-76 manual brake master cyl and a different proportioning valve.

I also have a late model master cyl and adapter that I want to use. I will have to call MP and ask if it will work with their brakes.

when I put rear disks on my car I just used a stock MC made for front disk/rear drum setup and took the residual valve out of the MC for the rear brake port. No problems after 2 years.

when I put rear disks on my car I just used a stock MC made for front disk/rear drum setup and took the residual valve out of the MC for the rear brake port. No problems after 2 years.
your car don't try to swap ends if you get on the binders hard? If not that's great.

-
Back