Which one to buy?

-
Sleek :thumleft: Very nice dart Vert voodoo1 I am so glad you figured out how to post pictures
is it a manual top Like I said in my first post I like a manual top, less is more imo.

Sleek :thumleft: Very nice dart Vert voodoo1 I am so glad you figured out how to post pictures
is it a manual top Like I said in my first post I like a manual top, less is more imo.

Thank you. That means a lot to me. It is a motorized top though. But it works great. Up and down easily. It came with New in package Soft Seal for Trunk, Top and Door seals. Also has brand new Carpet, still in the box.

One more pic.

I'll make a separate thread and build up.

Edit: For those of you suggesting I get the Barracuda. Thank you. and it's a possibility down the road still.

Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0587.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 182
Thank you. That means a lot to me. It is a motorized top though. But it works great. Up and down easily. It came with New in package Soft Seal for Trunk, Top and Door seals. Also has brand new Carpet, still in the box.

One more pic.

I'll make a separate thread and build up.

Mike

Seeing that sold wrote on the windshield is a cool picture you will look back on for a long time :cheers: Congratulations, I have never had a power top and remember enjoying getting out and opening the top on my uncles old mustang and it was just so simple.. Absolutely get a restoration thread started :headbang:, and get some sleep if you can :toothy7:

Thats is a very clean looking car. Congrats. I have wanted a 64 vert for a long time.

Here's the Vin tag. How do I decode it? Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0646 - Copy.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 155
I've had my convertible for 20 years and its been down for several years while I do the resto. There is nothing like doing a 2 block burnout with the top down grabbin gears and listening to that small block scream. I have a hardtop as well and although its a nice runner an evening cruise with the top down is unmatched in my book. Going to have to V8 the dart to get the full effect but that's not hard. I've got spares of everything except a windshield.

Thanks guys. I do have a really nice 360 with a 727 sitting, also a Magnum 360. It's really tempting. But I think with how nice the car is now for being stock, I'd ruin it if I didn't keep it that way. ?? I don't know. Mike

I went looking to buy a 65 Dart, hot in passionate pursuit and ended up with a 65 Barracuda. Go figure.

Okay, you guys have solved VooDoo's problem - or rather he did with your kibitzing - now what about me?

I've got two A-bodies on the block, very different cars though. Valiant A is a '62 Signet: gorgeous, sweet-running survivor car with shiny original paint, straight and rust-free body, and a newish but non-authentic interior.

Valiant B is a '67 V100 2-door sedan, bottom of the line (cheap and cheerful but, hey, it's got a radio). No rust on a slightly dinged-up body, a rock-solid 225, 3-speed manual box, and nice tight steering and suspension. Tired paint, shabby but usable interior, needs some minor mechanical lovin'.

I'm preparing this weekend to offer $7000 for the '62 and $1600 for the '67. Whichever Valiant I get will become my daily driver, at least until the snow flies.

Whattya think, guys? Should I get the "newer" car to enjoy the simple goodness of old time motoring, with no worries about where I park it? Or should I get the Road Toad classic and become the centre of attention at every intersection? Your soonest opinions will be appreciated.

One down, one to go. A mechanical inspection showed that the '62 Signet isn't quite as pristine as I'd hoped. The owner is insisting on a show quality price anyway, so I'm letting that one go. Will now make an offer on the '67 V100.

Awful pictures of a sweet car. Just like the one your great aunt drove. Ooo, I just noticed - it has the deeeluxe wheel covers.

Sorry about the sideways-ness of the photos. No clue how to fix that.

Attachments

• 67 Valiant V100_1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 67 Valiant V100_5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 67 Valiant V100_3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 105
OH EM GEE, did you have remind be about Duel? From Wikipedia: "stars Dennis Weaver, who plays a terrified motorist stalked on a remote and lonely road by the unseen driver of a mysterious tanker truck."

Right up there with Psycho and The Birds in scaring the bejeebers out of me, regarding everyday activities - like driving through the mountains in a Valiant. The Valiant in the movie was actually a '71 Signet but you're right, my new old car is eerily similar.

Attachments

• Duel_truck and similar Valiant.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
Well, I drove my '67 Valiant V100 home from Seattle to Edmonton on the weekend. I had some minor teething trouble with the new cooling system but got that sorted out in the first couple of hundred miles.

To be honest, this is a dreary car, almost without any appealing character. The 225 engine is smooth but only just adequate. It's reasonably economical, although I haven't run the numbers yet. The driving position is good - I didn't have any permanent aches after two solid days on the road.

Man, this car is noisy. There is almost no sound insulating value to a quarter-inch of underlay and a rubber mat. Windows up or down made very little difference to the racket, although opening the under-dash vent doors does push a lot of air through the cabin.

Filling 'er up attracts some attention at the gas stations. Young people. especially, ask how old it is and if I bought it new (I was 13 years old in 1967). Most folks still remember Plymouths but only us boomers remember Valiants.

I'm enjoying the vintage experience of 3-on-the-tree but the previous owner admitted that's chiefly why he sold the car - he was sick of shifting for himself. Power steering would be nice, not because the manual steering is so stiff, but rather because the number of revolutions of the wheel required to park the car would be reduced.

Plain Jane describes this Valiant perfectly. Not sure if I'm going to have a long-term relationship with her, though.

-
Back