Which Shocks for SS Springs?

-
Sorry Man, I've been researching this for about 3-4hrs... getting aggravated, getting no answers.
No worries, I was just wondering if one of the sides was bound up due to new bushings or maybe the way it was tightened.

thumbnail - Copy (2).jpg

they are on a 68 barracuda fastback , I had them on with 002-003 springs and pulled them of for caltracs , ''not sure about that deal yet''.
the imperial shocks are what chrysler recommended for s/s springs back in the day we ran 002-003 springs on a hemi belevedere , with imperial shocks , worked very well , tires back then sucked tho .

The shackle MUST be going towards the back of the car. Yours is going the wrong way. It’s in the Chrysler book for anyone who thinks your set up is correct. It’s not.
It will be forward if the weight is off the rear end.

It will be forward if the weight is off the rear end.

Yes, and his are pointing forward at ride height. That means when the axle moves down (or the body moves up depending on your perspective) it will be in a bind because it’s already forward.

Yes, and his are pointing forward at ride height. That means when the axle moves down (or the body moves up depending on your perspective) it will be in a bind because it’s already forward.
How do you know it's on the ground? Picture looks like is off the ground.

How do you know it's on the ground? Picture looks like is off the ground.

Somewhere in this thread the OP a said it’s sitting at ride height in those pictures. I’ll have to go back and see if I can find that post.

Edit post 31 says it’s at ride height. And in the picture in the first post it’s sitting on the ground.

It sit's like that at ride height... What can be done to remedy that? That's how it hit the floor after I put new leafs on.

I have in the past built spacer for the rear leaf spring mount at the frame to move it forward.. You will get more of a rearward angle to them as your springs settle a bit.

It sit's like that at ride height... What can be done to remedy that? That's how it hit the floor after I put new leafs on.

Put about 300 pounds in the trunk and look at it. When you see that it means the spring rate is too high. If you put 300 pounds (maybe 350 but you’ll see it lowering the back of the car) and it fixes it, you can start removing leaves from the springs until the ride height is correct and the shackles are pointing to the rear.

-
Back