Which spacer for 1965 273

-
I'm stumped trying to figure out why a spacer is needed. Maybe pictures would help? Are you just wanting one to try to cool the carburetor off?

To cool the carb. Yes. Also I read on the forum that the secondaries don’t fully open with this setup without a spacer.

To cool the carb. Yes. Also I read on the forum that the secondaries don’t fully open with this setup without a spacer.
Gotchya. I will also add I am unsure if the bolt pattern on those early intakes is the same as the later Edelbrock style carburetors and I believe that's what that spacer is for. Maybe someone a little more in the know will chime in on that.

Gotchya. I will also add I am unsure if the bolt pattern on those early intakes is the same as the later Edelbrock style carburetors and I believe that's what that spacer is for. Maybe someone a little more in the know will chime in on that.

It currently has a circa late 90s 1405 which fits without the spacer. I’m replacing it with the electric choke 1403. I figured I might as well put a spacer on when I’m doing the swap.

It currently has a circa late 90s 1405 which fits without the spacer. I’m replacing it with the electric choke 1403. I figured I might as well put a spacer on when I’m doing the swap.
Ok, well you just answered THAT question! That spacer should work then. Although, I prefer the thick black insulating gasket......but whatever works!

If you have a die grinder, you can open up the throttle bores to 1 11/16" easily enough. Then the throttle butterflies clear w/o an adapter. The Edelbrock has extra mounting holes and will fit early intakes with the smaller mounting bolt spacing. A Holley doesn't have extra mounting holes and requires a spacer to adapt. Here' a 56 Packard intake that I opened up the throttle bores to run a 650 Holley double pumper on what was originally a WCFB intake - and yeah, I needed the adapter for that setup.

modified intake.jpg

-
Back