Which Tilt Steering Column in Your A Body?

-
"The only one out there is Flaming River 1200" ....no offense meant but......

My big old BUTT it is. You can put any damned steering column in that car you want in it. Find you a mid 70s Camaro or other comparable size GM column in it from a salvage yard. You can cut that column and adapt it to fit and wire it all in probably for a couple hundred over the purchase price and a little labor. Screw 1200 bucks on a name brand column. Spend that money elsewhere.

both those set ups are pretty slick. especially with the key in cash cars. once you go to the column keyed cars you need another key unless you can have it keyed like your original. and i thought one of them with a column key came with a forkfift type of key that is located in a pretty stupid spot on the column. maybe they changed that though over the years...

i have out in my shed a tilt column would of a late 70's mopar that i always want to put in something but never got around to it. looks a lot like a GM column.

I ended up getting this Ididit column from Jegs for $379 before Christmas
I will be cutting it down to install it with the A-Body Mopar, EPAS Performance Electric Power Steering Conversion Kit. It will power a Mopar 16:1 Manual box from Firm Feel.

upload_2020-1-12_15-11-49.png

Ordered the EPAS from Jegs also. Got $100 off before Christmas
upload_2020-1-12_15-16-1.png

I've got an F body column in my 72 Demon.
swapped the firewall plates. F uses a rag joint so assembly is easier.
tilt was an option for the F's.

I've got an F body column in my 72 Demon.
swapped the firewall plates. F uses a rag joint so assembly is easier.
tilt was an option for the F's.

What model car? And did it share the same mounting holes up top? Or did you have to cut your column apart still?

-
Back