who has a Pre 67 A body ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many members have Pre 67 A bodies?

Is there enough interest in a 63-66 A body section ?

Right now I have 3. 65 Barracuda, 65 Dart vert, and a 66 Dart. that may be a good idea, but i guess it would all depend on how they view this site. I just go to the new post for the day.

I have 6 or 7 I loose count.Yes I think there is enough intrest. We tend to feel left out in most places and our 2nd generation A bodies are really cool cars that are comming into their own now. Everytime I go out cruising around in my 65 Valiant wagon I get asked if I want to sell it. That says it all!

Only one. '66 Cuda. Have had at least one since 1971. Don't feel left out on this board. The only thing I feel left out on is under chassis headers, $960.00. CRAP!!!

TTI is working on a set but I wouldnt expect them to be much cheaper.

I only have one for now that is. At one time I had enough parts for another but didn't have a vin# shucks

i have a 66 cuda. would love to see a section devoted to them. links, pics of builds etc.

primer rr1.JPG

6 pack 1.JPG

I only have one, my 1964 Valiant. I kinda like being one main group as opposed to a special preyear section. This way when I need to know something I'm asking all here. Anyway most all parts, engines, trans, rears, etc. are interchangeable with all of our A-bodies. Just my opinion. Mike

If you saw the work that goes into those 960 dollar headers you would understand why they cost so much. The bends and the number of pieces are unbelievable. They are truely a work of art, all chrome plated,they are beautiful. That's why I'm reluctant to sell the set I have. When you think of what it would cost to repair your car after it has been butchered to take these low budget fenderwell headers you would see that they aren't a bad deal at all. Right now these cars aren't worth all that much when compared with the later ones and the other Mopars but that is changing and as the others get so pricey that only the rich boys can afford them these will come into their own. So it might not be such a bad idea to grab a set of these while they are still being made.Supply & demand dictates that these won't be around for long so if you snooze you loose.

Excuse my ignorance, but what makes a pre '67 A-body so unique that it needs a special forum? Is this strictly a chassis difference, or does it expand to engine, suspension, interior, etc, etc? Don't get me wrong.... if there is truely a difference that warrants a seperate forum them so be it. I just want to know what topics you all expect will be discussed there. But since I do not own a pre '67 car, I personally would not ever read the posts in that forum. Yet, I would hate to miss something that might apply to my post '67 car.

Well gee, now you kind of know how lots of us early guys feel. We sit through post after post about Dusters and other late model A bodies ,hear all about how that 440 sliped right in and how easy it is to get the pitman arm for that 73 dart. and all this stuff has absolutly no relevance to our cars at all. you could be talking about phords and it wouldn't really make any difference.Not to put you guys down but guys like me want to exchange info and stuff about our cars with other owners of the same type cars. That's all.You can read it if you don't well , who's fault is that?

count me in - I just took my 66 cuda to the track this weekend, mostly satock 360 rebuild, 474 cam eddy street tunnel ram, 2 390 holleys, 3.23's... ran a 12.80 @108

i'd like to post my build...

GotDart said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what makes a pre '67 A-body so unique that it needs a special forum?

Lots of little differances. Im not 100% sure my self wich is why I asked if other thought it was a good idea. Its easier to scroll threw 1 forum instead of 10 seperate ones looking for info.

I have one, a 66 Dart(imagine that) that is under construction. I agree that the early a bodies need a forum. bigblockdart.com has an early abody forum but the attitude over there caters more to big block 67-up. Some of us are going to run small blocks and I like the people here much better. I will have pictures soon, after I buy my heads I am going to buy a digital camera. Promise!

Ithink it's cool that some guys build hot rods out of their A bodies and I also think it's cool to see people working on keeping their cars bone stock. This is where the difference lies between pre 67 and post 67, a pre 67 car is somewhat more of a challenge,they weren't made for large motors and,there is also another generation of A body that we are not even addressing pre 63 they are altogether different from the 63-66 cars. These cars weren't even made for v8's and their front ends are altogether different as well . You know,that 2 or 3 inch difference in the engine bay from a 66 to a 67 makes a world of difference. I personally like the stock stuff. That's just me and when I need info about something and i'm told about an A body from the late 60's most times that info doesn't apply. so,the need for a seperate forum is there for at least that kind of stuff.When you start talking about droping a 340 or 360 in a pre 67 the need arises again our cars are different , it's that simple. They have different requirements and it's a good idea to have a place for us.There are lots of us around and it would benifit the site as a whole to attract more of us.

momopar said:
This is my baby, a 10.71 Canadian Valiant with the stock interior and a small block!

I agree we need our own area.

Ray

Nice ride!

I got my first mopar at age 15. A 66 Valiant 100 three on the tree with a 170 /6. Changed it to 225 in high school. Now plans are for a 340 5spd street machine. Picked up a nice little Signet Convertible last June and it's in pretty much stock form with a few upgrades. I think I'll always be an early A-body guy. I could afford a nice b-body or later a-bodies but the early ones were love at first drive.

I have a 65 Dart GT Its in pieces, It came with a 400 BB I just need to know how to go about putting it in.

Well from a new guys perspective...... if you put the model year in the title line it is pretty easy to find.......I have a 66 cuda AND a 72 340 Duster .....within 30 mins two people found my requests and replied.......pretty hard to argue with that level of response and I dont think it will ever get much better than that segregated or not
my two centavos

-
Back