who has a Pre 67 A body ?

-
My early a body project 65 Valiant 100

Use to be nobody liked the early a body and they were cheap. Looking at Ebay that is starting to change.

Marks pictures 034.jpg

Picture of my 65 dart Ragtop with a Brand new in the crate , mopar 360 stoked to 402 cu.in. estatimated 450 HP right out of the crate!!! 1 7/8" hedmann hustler headers , 850 dp holley, MSD, 727 3600 turbo action stall. Cheeta reverse manual valve body, 3" pipes thru 3" flowmasters. 8.75 rear end 3:91 gears . cragers . Body is in mint condition !!! Interior excellent !! It's a real looker !!
Love this sight !!
Mopars Rock ! !
john

rag by steps 50KB.JPG

stroker402, that is one fine looking rag top you have there, and it sounds like it is definitley NOT lacking for power. Do you know if that red paint is an original A body color or do you have a code number for it? My 66 is going red this time and I'm still tossing around between Viper Red and PP1 Mopar red. That particular red on yours really suits the size and lines of the car. Decisions, decisions! :)

Hi everyone, new member from central Alberta. I have a 1965 Valient signet convertable (Canadian), white/red interior 6 cyl, auto. Just starting project, looking for parts and about to start body work

Welcome shanem,from a fellow Canuck. I got a '65 Val 'vert too,'cept mine's a Custom 100. Check my avatar on the left.

65 Dart GT vert, and a 66 Dart GT vert for parts..and like many others here in pieces with big plans for the future.

yes a forum for the early A'S would be GREAT,, i have owned them all my driving years...currently a prostreet blown 340 4 speed tubbed barracuda,,66,

all tho i enjoy reading about all A bodys if we had a early pre 67 section,some may find much neede d info,,,or where or how too,,,

heck im stil trying to learn how to use this site,,,,,

I have a 64 Dodge Dart GT, /6, push button auto. Currently in various stages of progress. An ebay special that every system I touch seems to need major repair. Hope to be on the road by Oct!

66 dart gt vert 273 2 bbl auto, white with black interior (buckets/console) and top.

So far rebuilt front end including: dropping the K and having it cleaned and ecoated, repainted engine bay, converted to disc brakes (73 + style). Stripped - repainted - reworked and or reinstalled: dash, guages, underhood and dash wiring, brake pedal, heater box, radio, front window, side glass and weatherstrips, floor, trunk floor, and trunk weatherstrip, underside of body, front wheel wells and weatherstrips, headlight doors, grill, front bumper and brackets, rebuilt motor including porting heads and intake (now bored 318).

On the docket yet this year: rebuild and install 8 3/4 axle with yukon axles, new leafs, shocks, rebuild trans, finish brake system assembly, install motor and trans.

Oh well, she's progressing...time marches on ! I'd thought she'd be running this summer - no dice. Maybe next spring, I wont be doing much work during the winter since the garage isnt heated, and of course there's other stuff to do beside car work - major house projects etc.

Hello, new guy. Like your handle 66dartgt :thumbup: Picked up my '66 back in may. It is a low mile 273 car(74,000 not bad) that had a repaint before going into storage..........in 1990. Haven't had much time to work on it but I do know it has some sticking valves, fuel line is plugged, and carb. leaks like a seive. By the looks of the valve covers I don't think the orig. owner liked changing oil. :sad:

Luv those early A-bodies.

Welcome, another 66 Dart owner. There is quite a few of us here with 66's.
You'll have to show us some photos. toolmanmike

verry impressed,many nice early A-bodys.here is mine

ok.... you cant just post a pic of a 65 cuda here doing a wheelie, and not say what it runs, and what ya got in it!!!

SPILL THE BEANS on that cool car!!

I am glad you like it.I have had this car a few years now and it has seen many changes.The pic is from last summer when I had the 408 eddy motor in it.specs are something like a 12/1 408,600 solid roller,410 gear,904 low 1st,4400 converter,3130# w/driver,best run 10.91 @ 124 w/1.52 60ft.This was with a 1/5-8 header with 3" pipes and mufflers.

Hi my name is Rick & I have a early A-Body problem :scratch:

I have a 66 Dart 170 2 door sedan 273 HP,4 speed,8 3/4 W/3.90's, front disc

& Radio Delete as far as I can tell the car was all original when I bought it 9 years ago . Since I have rebuilt the drivetrain & suspension Im now working on the body (since there are parts being made now). Having our own area is cool since just a few years back I could bairly find anything on the early cars.

Here is a side shot of the car now where im doing floors,frame connectors,T-boxes,& whatever else I find.

00001.jpg

toolmanmike said:
Welcome, another 66 Dart owner. There is quite a few of us here with 66's.
You'll have to show us some photos. toolmanmike

Thanks for the hello Mike. I'll have to take some photos of the car and get them up. Right now she's setting in our shop waiting for a little more attention from me.

cudabob said:
I am glad you like it.I have had this car a few years now and it has seen many changes.The pic is from last summer when I had the 408 eddy motor in it.specs are something like a 12/1 408,600 solid roller,410 gear,904 low 1st,4400 converter,3130# w/driver,best run 10.91 @ 124 w/1.52 60ft.This was with a 1/5-8 header with 3" pipes and mufflers.

VERY NICE CAR!!!

what ya runnin in it now??

The car is now a 10.8 to 1, 360.Stock crank,Kb 107 pistons,eagle sir rods,The eddy's,extreeme energy(519/524,250/256dur,hyd. cam)924 springs,same converter and,gears.I ran a similar combo to this 3 years ago and the car ran 11.88@113 at 3200#.I have a Performer RPM and a Proform/holley(750/830?)double pump carb on it.I hope to get out to a test&tune to see what it can run.The car is lighter now and an 11 second run with a hyd. cam would make me verry happy.The car now weighs 2960#.I am having fun driving it on the street more often and it still sounds killer.Some guys around town could'nt even tell the motor had been changed.Not adjusting valves all the time has been nice too.

I noticed you on another bourd telling people about the alter-K front end.This is in my plans as well as the Caltrac set up.Do you have this set up in your car?Thanks,Bob,aka- Mopartuner

NO, but helped install it in a-body-joes dart, its a sweet setup...

if your near jersey, the alterK setup will be on display at the car b que this weekend...

www.moparcarbque.com

Justcruisin' said:

Wau! It looks superb!!

cudabob's 'cuda is also great with that 10.90 mark on the windshield!

I wish that some day i have both of those kind of cuda's; one great looking and one fast one...

-
Back