Who has the fastest /6 here

-
I just hate tearing apart a perfectly great running motor,I actually would like to hurt it a little so I can justify makeing it better.Does this make any sence?Mark

yea but do you want to have to WAIT to have the money to have another block done?

or how bout spin a rod bearing? those nice K1 rods smoked...
:wack:

Should have just changed the rev limiter chip a Samoa,had a 6700 in it and was bumping it close to traps.A 7000 chip would have stopped that,and maybee made this descision easier.Mark

Wait for money?????Credit cards take care of that.Trying to time your demise,and card max is something I am trying to figure out.I honestly dont think I can hurt this Motor,I have been trying.Mark

Thought you might like to see a few pictures of the motor in the rampage. This motor ran 6.88(1/8 mile), if I remember correct, on 6# of boost. The biggest advantage it had over the 9.85(1/4) motor was the boost controller, we ran an MSD controller and had CO2 on both sides of the wastegate. It could leave and run the entire pass on 6#. Relying on the spring only the Simca would leave with 2# and make 6# by the 60' clocks. The rampage was a solid .3's quicker than the Simca at the same boost level.
DSC00730.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

Yeah I was thinkin more like 60 PSI. lol

I made about 6 break in passes on the car and then the driving job dissolved.(personal issues) To my knowledge it never made another pass after that... it would have probably run 5.80's in the 1/8 on 14-15# of boost comparing it to what the Simca had run. The Simca still holds the 1/8 mile record of 6.10 in the 1/8 on 13# of boost. Who needs 60#???
The 9.85 pass above had a 6.27 split. That gives you a 1.57 factor so 6.10*1.57=9.57 in the 1/4. The rampage had the potential to run in the 8's in the quarter with the right tune and boost level.

I made about 6 break in passes on the car and then the driving job dissolved.(personal issues) To my knowledge it never made another pass after that... it would have probably run 5.80's in the 1/8 on 14-15# of boost comparing it to what the Simca had run. The Simca still holds the 1/8 mile record of 6.10 in the 1/8 on 13# of boost. Who needs 60#???
The 9.85 pass above had a 6.27 split. That gives you a 1.57 factor so 6.10*1.57=9.57 in the 1/4. The rampage had the potential to run in the 8's in the quarter with the right tune and boost level.

my friends Kawi triple is turbo'd and it runs 60#'s lol...

and how long is the connecting rod in the Kawi??? ;)

i would imagine no more than 3" but ive never had one apart lol... sounds amazing @ 15K...

if he is running 60 he has a hole in his piston..burnned hole..ask him

he has been running motorcycles since the 50's... he helped top fuel drag bikes back in the day... still has one he worked on to...

and no hole in the piston(s) its a triple

Then he should. Know my bro arno st. Denis.....

Thought you might like to see a few pictures of the motor in the rampage.
DSC00730.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

I don't like to fact that these pics make mine look red-necky...will be doing something about that soon.

Pics look awesome!! Gives me some ideas.

later
Ryan

I don't like to fact that these pics make mine look red-necky...will be doing something about that soon.

Pics look awesome!! Gives me some ideas.

later
Ryan
10.74 @ 127 -- 6.65 @ 107.80 w/ Slant 6 Turbo (66 Valiant - 3000 lbs)

Ryan - That kind of performance is not Red-necky!!! There are a lot of slant six guys that would like to run 11.99!!!! Just looking at your mph it appears there is more ET at that hp. Work on the launch and you will be pleasantly surprised and not have to run more boost.

Fastest in here Finland was this one:

Kone%20valmis.jpg

kauhajoki.jpg

Dynoed big numbers, but did not get it running properly at track. Best was 10,63/124.3mph. It was in small crash and was parted in 2005. Engine was sold, unfortunately haven't seen or heard anything of it afterwards.

Charles is out of NC. He ran the Bay boys arrow. He fastest run was 9.93 on NOS/methanol in the arrow. Before the arrow he had a dragster built by Race Tech and ran a pretty mild slant 6 and it ran a fastest of 9.93. The motor in the arrow would have run a lot faster in the dragster but that combo never happened.

I was close,my CRS doesn't always hide its ugly head !!It was still a badd *** slant !!I wonder if he ever did develop the head he was talking about doing ??

-
Back