Who has the fastest /6 here

-
I have before and no one has said anything about having a slant with one. Ball bearing supported shafts, instead of bushings. Ultra light impellers for quick spool up. Just look at any diesel performance site. Those are the type turbos I am talking about. Properly sized, of course.

The T60-1 used on the Rampage had all of those features. The Simca had ball bearings but not the lightweight option on the impeller.

The T60-1 used on the Rampage had all of those features. The Simca had ball bearings but not the lightweight option on the impeller.

Cool. I've brought it up many times, but you're the first to come forward.

I have before and no one has said anything about having a slant with one. Ball bearing supported shafts, instead of bushings. Ultra light impellers for quick spool up. Just look at any diesel performance site. Those are the type turbos I am talking about. Properly sized, of course.

Already using a modern DBB turbo with improved impeller technology. It's been on SS.O for quite a while now.

your thinking of the cricket... and thats the plan...

I do not know anything about the cricket??? The dragster in the picture ran the head I am talking about with a custom Hilborn set-up. Hot rod had a detailed article on it back in the day with some good pictures but I do not remember which issue it was in.

They bored straight at the intake valve barely missing the valve cover sealing rail, furnace brazed a tube into that the hilborn set-up mounted to giving a straight round port with no bends or neck downs in it.

This would probably be the best bang for your buck in regards to improving the slant 6 head design...and if money is no object then do it out of aluminum.:glasses7:

I do not know anything about the cricket??? The dragster in the picture ran the head I am talking about with a custom Hilborn set-up. Hot rod had a detailed article on it back in the day with some good pictures but I do not remember which issue it was in.

They bored straight at the intake valve barely missing the valve cover sealing rail, furnace brazed a tube into that the hilborn set-up mounted to giving a straight round port with no bends or neck downs in it.

This would probably be the best bang for your buck in regards to improving the slant 6 head design...and if money is no object then do it out of aluminum.:glasses7:

unless your 100% positive its that car it looks like a 90 adapter off a stock prt by where the bottom of the hilborns are sitting...

here is the cricket

Attachments

• Photo 591.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 318

why did you send the simca down the road?

I ran at Mopar Day at Milan and beat a 5.7 Hemi, a 360, a 383, and a 440.......and the only car that beat me was a slant six on nitrous. LOL.

Hmmmm...I believe the one I was recommended and purchased (from gpopshop.com) was a race bred 800hp supporting, stage 5 wheel and big shaft all set into a highly efficient housing. It may be hi-performance but not for sure yet the #'s aren't were I want them to be.

Info on SS.org also

Later Dude
Ryan

Hmmmm...I believe the one I was recommended and purchased (from gpopshop.com) was a race bred 800hp supporting, stage 5 wheel and big shaft all set into a highly efficient housing. It may be hi-performance but not for sure yet the #'s aren't were I want them to be.

Info on SS.org also

Later Dude
Ryan

I'm plum proud. But nobody's come outta the woodwork till now to say anything about it.

Just got back from Sacremento race,I added 350lbs to the car and ran in the C gas class.The OLD record was 12.08 at 108 mph.I just ran a 11.92 at 109 mph.I am very proud to bee able to say I now have six records.A B C gas both et and mph.Will bee spraying it with a 50 shot in Vegas next year to get the B nitrious record.Dont like to brag but I am just too happy not to share my happiness.Guzzi Mark

Just got back from Sacremento race,I added 350lbs to the car and ran in the C gas class.The OLD record was 12.08 at 108 mph.I just ran a 11.92 at 109 mph.I am very proud to bee able to say I now have six records.A B C gas both et and mph.Will bee spraying it with a 50 shot in Vegas next year to get the B nitrious record.Dont like to brag but I am just too happy not to share my happiness.Guzzi Mark

oh yea cool guy! at least your not going for d gas... thats gonna be my class...

How many man hole covers would it take for 500lbs?PJ did lower the D gas record et but not by alot,but didnt lower the mph.

How many man hole covers would it take for 500lbs?PJ did lower the D gas record et but not by alot,but didnt lower the mph.
hey dude... i was thinking you need to go on the coco shake diet!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTr5qVwpUzA"]Burnout 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

That is SO COOL!!!!
That car FLIES for an all motor car!!!

You should be very proud!!!!

Congrats, Mark. That's awesome. Great job.

-
Back