Who here is into bikes??? Just got my first one

-
Been it to bikes all my life. Had a 72 500cc triple 2 Cycle Kawi in high school and a Honda 87 V45 intercepter 750cc the got the 700cc intercepter not sure of year but she was a beast. then oldest son started racing motocross and i gave up my cars and street bike so we could race, and we had a blast doing it.

case pictures 002.jpg

case pictures 005.jpg

case pictures 009.jpg

case pictures 014.jpg

Been it to bikes all my life. Had a 72 500cc triple 2 Cycle Kawi in high school and a Honda 87 V45 intercepter 750cc the got the 700cc intercepter not sure of year but she was a beast. then oldest son started racing motocross and i gave up my cars and street bike so we could race, and we had a blast doing it.

My neighbor and his son are into motocross racing until the economy went south. They would leave out on Saturdays and go racing. His son races strictly Kawasaki. The farther has as much fun as the son. You might have met them since you're from SC.

This was mine a few years ago. I had to sell it because I got diabetes and my sight started failing me and I didn't want to look for trouble on a motorcycle. That bike was killer!

Copy of DSCN0284 (Small).JPG

rc14.

Where did you MX..?? we just retired after 5 years..It was the best competitive, non-competitive sport we ever have been involved with. The kids raced hard against each other but were buds as soon as they finished their race. Most families would do anything for you..acts of large generosity were almost common. We even socialize after the season is over even though we cover 3 provinces. When the MXdN came to the states, 4 families and two vans drove 22 hours to see it ! One of the reasons we retired was that he was scaring me silly..he wouldn't think twice about doing a 80 footer..this is him on his 85cc

735291473_nRoEG-X2.jpg

This is how he would end every race..if you look closely, you will see that it is pouring rain..and we had a lot of wet races ! BTW, he left standing on the podium with a 3rd over all :)

735291509_2Nhyp-X2.jpg

We raced mostly in SC, NC and Tenn But we have been to Ohio, Fla, Ala and Ga racing the national qualifers. We had a blast together and have meet some realy super people. I help a friend of mine here in SC with a track 101mx. on some weekends and have a blast working the track i know most of the familys been in it so long. It is for sure the best Family Sport i have ever been around. My son would still be in it if i would foot the bill but he is old enough now that he must pay his way and motocross is not a cheap sport, The doctor bill are bad enough and the 4 stroke up keep is crazy.

not a cheap sport

This year we would have had to buy Calum a 250F (to compete) and would have left the yz125 to Sarah. The best calculation I can find shows that maintaining a 4sk is 3X more expensive that a 2 smoke..We have university for Sarah in 2 and Calum in 4..my wife retires in 2014 when my son is at home..

In 5 years of hard riding, we only had bruises..we were very lucky..a friend of ours took off on a very large triple down..he was popping off the rev limiter..he started nose diving and there was no more in his engine to over rev and ended up pile driving himself into the ground..both collar bones broken and shoulder dislocated. The only think that saved him was his Leatt brace..that is an awesome piece of equipment. His dad was close and he knew (as a lot of us did) that if he didn't hit the jump perfect, he was toast..

I am hoping and praying that the Duster will bring as much joy to them that the MX did..and i look forward to a couple of years wrenching with them. And god bless her, my wife has signed on to this. When we were married, i told her that she would have an interesting life.

Funny RC14, both my kids numbers were 14 :) I already miss it because this is the time that the team gets together and plans our one major spring order.

Ian.

I picked this up yesterday.

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R (998 cc)
Two Brothers exhaust system
Stainless steel front brake lines (with some type of special front master cylinder)

This bike is VERY fast. I got out on the back roads to check it out. It will go 103 MPH with it still in 3rd gear (that's when I left off of it ... LOL!)

Sorry for so many pictures! :angry7:

103 in third, that thing will do almost 100 in first, with stock gearing it is probably over 95, I know my R1 did 106 in first.
mean machines those liter bikes

I saw your avatar picture last night and was going to ask if you have a bike and might want to do some riding. That is of course we close to one another. :-D

I live in CT so I dont think that is close enough. You must love riding in the
Carolinas, I was there this summer on the Blue ridge parkway and it was awesome. I dont have the r1 anymore, had to sell in when I moved. Right now I have a 75 cb550 I am fixing up for the summer time.

Yah I have been there before amazing, unfortunately not on a bike but I would lovvvveee to go, I just have to get a bike worth taking again...

i dont know how many out there know of the brand name bimota but my boss and i are tearing his bimota yb8 apart because its been sitting for 2 years. To me it is one of the best looking bikes and its a 91. the quality work on the bike is superb and unmatched. I've been keeping my eye open for a bimota to buy because they are such a rare bike.

bimota yb 8.jpg

i have a 06 zx10 that is street strip. i will be home in a week, and i will try to post some pictures and videos

heres mine
z1000
cut down jardine pipes (band saw)
belly pan
power commander
how made rear fender elimantor
small mirrors
since pics also have led turn signals

pegs the limter in 6th at 155. runs out of gearing

AmazingRide.jpg

heres mine
z1000
cut down jardine pipes (band saw)
belly pan
power commander
how made rear fender elimantor
small mirrors
since pics also have led turn signals

pegs the limter in 6th at 155. runs out of gearing

AmazingRide.jpg

Geez that's nice! I like the color. I have been to 166 but the limiter went off inside my head not the bike... LOL

hey, mullinax95, whats ur zx do in 1st. what year is it. the one i ride is a 2006 and 108 in first gear.

i wish i had video of my z1000. the other day i had to do a 2 mile long wheelie on highway. i looked over at a car dropped a few gears and like 65-70 mph wheelie.

i got on my buddies cbr1000rr had dead battery, popped started and soon as it started went 1-4th redline shifts. down the road

hey, mullinax95, whats ur zx do in 1st. what year is it. the one i ride is a 2006 and 108 in first gear.

i wish i had video of my z1000. the other day i had to do a 2 mile long wheelie on highway. i looked over at a car dropped a few gears and like 65-70 mph wheelie.

i got on my buddies cbr1000rr had dead battery, popped started and soon as it started went 1-4th redline shifts. down the road

I don't know actual MPH in first but it's got to be close to what you posted. Mine is a 06 also. Look at post #116 of this thread and that is my bike when I first bought it. These pics show 08 wheels, Puig windscreen, sliders, carbon fiber front fender, Rizoma mirrors. Man you are a more aggressive driver than I am... hats off to you bro!

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

nice bike.... same year as my old mans. i was gonna pipe it for him but like over 500 cause dual cans in 2006, i see you have yours with just one. i like it better. must sound nice. but again nice bike. for amount of money of a bike like this your never gonna get a car to go that fast. the zx10 is the only thing i cant hold wide open off the start. not from fear but hold to hold wheel down.

heres a video of my z. sounds alot better in real life. video is no justice. i went 1-4 redline shifts back road no less

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlwtnLd7BiE"]YouTube- kawasaki z1000[/ame]

-
Back