Who here is into bikes??? Just got my first one

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
#-o
7735_142700520671_617870671_3109009_539370_n.jpg

08 Ducati Monster 695. Got it with less than 500 miles. Can't wait to start riding it. Like I need another hobby :violent1:LOL

I have an 07 black hayabusa.

Nothing like being on a bike,youl love it :)

always wanted a duck 900 SS but 20 or 30 bikes are enough for me (yea right) hondas harleys triumphs moto-guzzi B.M.W

I am looking for an 08 or newer ZX-10. I would also like a Harley Bobber for around town duty.

Nice Monster!

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

i'm still deciding if i want to learn to start riding. always loved ducatis and it would be the only bike besides augusta that i would down.

Nice looking Ducati, Dave. You'll have fun with that.
Just remember to ride like you're invisible. You'll be amazed at how many idiotic drivers won't see you even if you think they're looking right at you. Oh yeah, don't ride with anything other than a full-face helmet and get a good one. A $10 helmet is only good if you've got a $10 head.
Here's my oldie, my daily commuter ride '79 Kawasaki KZ1000ST

P7200492_edited (Small).JPG

got a suzuki, love 12000rpm pulls in the morning fresh out of bed.

Watch out for wet and gravel on corners..that is how I bought my cb900f super sport

Nice!......if I was going to buy another bike, it would be an older 996. That's one sexy *** bike! Just remember to always stay alert.....you can't let yourself go off into "daydream-land" when riding a bike; there's too many lousy-driving losers out there who will T-bone you, turn left in front of you, change lanes into you ('cuz they're too lazy to turn their fat neck) etc.
Remember also......look left and right before you take off from a green light, don't ride in a vehicle's blind spot, and always "expect the worst" from people in any given situation......people turning left in intersections is one of the worst I'd say. Awesome!......best of luck! Here's my old Kawis......

P1001901.jpg

H2_1.jpg

When you are getting ready to ride, get yourself into the mindset that you are invisible and no one can see you. It just may save your life. Also, look into taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. You may get a discount on your insurance.

Ducati's are some of the best handling bikes you can buy, but know your limitations. It takes years and years to become a truly safe and good rider. Keep your eye's out for road conditions. Gravel, sand and wet leaves can lead to disaster.

Enjoy, have fun and be safe!

Joe

PS,

If I had the dough, this would be my ride:

Ducati860GTweb.jpg

well since you asked, i am big fan of bikes. started building a couple years ago. currently have a 2004 HD FXD, a 78 XS 650 that will be a cafe racer style, an 81 XS 650 that is a bobber BSA lookalike. i just sold 2 bikes i built - 1 was for the Dart!!

here's a few pics of the bikes i sold.

345321128605_0_ALB.jpg

654601128605_0_ALB.jpg

944601128605_0_ALB.jpg

3300_3.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

I love motorcycles. I put as many miles on mine as I can.

The bike is a Suzuki Intruder 1500.

The first picture is at a Covered Birdge here in Georiga that was located on Covered Bridge Road. LOL

This is at a new house we stopped to look at in Senoia, Georgia

Here is a picture of my bike and my wife, Rhonda. This is in front of Ruby Falls in Chattanooga.

mine when i first got it and after its road trip

Hey Inkjunkie, Do ya' know what dogs and Harleys have in common?

They both like to ride in the back of a pickup truck! LOL

Just kiddin'! If ya' like to ride a scooter it don't matter what brand it is as long as you ride.

I ride a beemer.

I've always wanted a bike. I told my grandma I was going to buy one and she started crying. Her son (my uncle) was in a bad wreck in '79 and almost died. So, out of respect for her I don't have one.....yet

I've always wanted a bike. I told my grandma I was going to buy one and she started crying. Her son (my uncle) was in a bad wreck in '79 and almost died. So, out of respect for her I don't have one.....yet

Yes, my mom was soooo pissed when I brought my first one home. It was a '53 Harley K-model complete with the spark advance on the left grip. I only forgot to retard it one time before kicking it through (ouch). Wish I had kept it!

My wife was cool with it, she told me to get as much life insurance as I could when I bought my dirtbike, so I got $750,000. She incourages me to do stupid things now. My grandma cryed though, so what could I do. It a good thing I don't have little girls because I can't deal with girls crying.

-
Back