Who here is into bikes??? Just got my first one

-
I am selling my 82 kawasaki Spectre project because my parents don't want me to ride. Which is understandable. I just want to sell it before I put it together.. Because if I get it together, Ill want to ride it... etc. All downhill from there.

But what I really want is a zx10 like the ones above..

you guys have some balls.

what kind of tires you guys running? I know my boss runs pirelli scorpions on the multistrada since the bike was designed with those tires, mich pilots on the aprilia, and is thinking of getting some roadrace tires for bimota.

nice bike.... same year as my old mans. i was gonna pipe it for him but like over 500 cause dual cans in 2006, i see you have yours with just one. i like it better. must sound nice. but again nice bike. for amount of money of a bike like this your never gonna get a car to go that fast. the zx10 is the only thing i cant hold wide open off the start. not from fear but hold to hold wheel down.

heres a video of my z. sounds alot better in real life. video is no justice. i went 1-4 redline shifts back road no less

It sounds good "to me" anyways.... it's pretty tame until you open her up. Alot of people bash the Two Brothers pipe on the ZX forum.... they like the other high end stuff better like Akrapovic, Yoshimura etc... I can live with it. It has a deep sound to it rather than a raspy sound like other bikes in comparison.

I liked the vid.

I am selling my 82 kawasaki Spectre project because my parents don't want me to ride. Which is understandable. I just want to sell it before I put it together.. Because if I get it together, Ill want to ride it... etc. All downhill from there.

But what I really want is a zx10 like the ones above..

Well even though I have been out on my own for sometime now it still really upset my mom when she saw the bike. She came down on me pretty good...... and I'm 40 yrs old!! LOL My friends also was a little concerned about my safety. So don't be to hard on your parents .... because they care about what could happen is all they are doing.

you guys have some balls.

what kind of tires you guys running? I know my boss runs pirelli scorpions on the multistrada since the bike was designed with those tires, mich pilots on the aprilia, and is thinking of getting some roadrace tires for bimota.

In the above pics is Dunlop Q2s but I have since then wore those out. I recently installed a set of Mich Power Pure and I can tell that I like these tires better than I did the Dunlops. I doubt I will ever go back to Dunlops. I have never tried Pirelli.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=powerpure

Well even though I have been out on my own for sometime now it still really upset my mom when she saw the bike. She came down on me pretty good...... and I'm 40 yrs old!! LOL My friends also was a little concerned about my safety. So don't be to hard on your parents .... because they care about what could happen is all they are doing.

Yeah I understand their reasoning. That is why I am selling the bike.. And with all the idots around here I am not totally sure I would even want to ride on the streets. That and we have a lot of gravel on the roads down here.
But I do want to get a bike for the track only.. and they seem ok with that because their are no intersections, drunk hilbillies, or cell phone drivers.

My frienth Keith has two Triumphs,one of which is a Trophy model. I forget what the other one is but it's a cruiser and is for sale. I should get some pics up! Thier both great looking bikes.

-
Back