Who here is into bikes??? Just got my first one

-
Great bikes everyone. Thanks for all the advice as well. I'm already signed up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. It was highly recommended by a number of riders and the guy I bought it from. Best to get some good training before taking to the streets. I've done a lot of road cycling and it's almost as dangerous.

I'm happy I got a bike I can grow into and doubt I'll ever be able to out perform it. :)

I was gonna dignify that with an answer but decided not to rip you and your dumbass saying apart other than to say thats some of the stupidest **** I,ve ever heard in my life lol.
Good luck with that.
Jr.

Yeh no worries.
Rip me apart.
GO for your LIFE!

Il stick by my words.
Ever owned an older ducati?
Clearly you dont know what your in for.

Put up or shut up.
I never said they were ugly,bad handling,
i just said
Reliability wise,there a horrible bike.
Whats wrong in saying that?

Monsters out of everything are probably the
most reliable in there line.

But i know for a fact,916's,999',998,749,
Are electrical nightmares.

Just like youl hear somebody here wanting to toast
a chevy with there mopar on the street, i like to hand
it to ducatis with my hayabusa.
There is NO difference.

Yet,im a dumb ***.

gfy.
Loser.

My 50 Panhead chopper. Rigid Paughco frame and 6" over Wide Paughco Springer. 3" open belt drive and 16" ape hangars.

Panhead.jpg

Ok..I'll jump in..

First one- chappy 80..6 inch wheels ..47 MPH downhill with a back wind..only legal in PEI
Second - cm400 ..bought with my sis..she used to fall asleep on the back (no bar on back)
third - cb900f super sport..awesome..sold to help pay for honneymoon..best bike I ever had
forth - cb350 - purple..the bike honda made their name on..bought it fromn a guy that had restored it..he was marring his 4th wife who wouldn't let him keep it ..sold to help pay for mg engine rebuild
fifth - only suzuki street and trail - two sets of gear - bought to chase my son who had a pw80..sold for 100.00 bucks..still ob the street
sixth - ttr230 - bought when my son moved up to a ktm 65sx..no way I could catch him on the track..sold due to accident (a truck hit my truck)..i am not allowed to wear helmets anymore..

The pain returns every spring..

Love the pictures of the bikes..

Ian.

I am not in to two wheel bikes but I do like quads.

Here is my dads 01 Raptor 730.

And my 06 Suzki 450 LTR.

Halloween18.jpg

100_1196.jpg

a bike (ducati or other) is only as reliable as the owners mechanical skill will allow

As a friend, if this is your first bike do yourself and your loved ones a favor and take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course. You will thank me later. As for bikes, i own two right now. One is a 90 model Goldwing with matching trailer and a newly aquired 1985 frame with an 80" S&S motor Harley that i traded for. It's for sale. It's a sweet bike that will jump to 100 mph right now. Chain drive with a set of new forks and a WCC 21" front wheel. I can send pics. It's a fun bike but the Wing is my style of riding.
Small Block

Be careful man.

Dress for the slide not for the ride.

I will stick to four cheels and seat belts as i have lost too many loved ones on bikes through the years.

I've toyed with the idea of buying a bike before but none of my family members/girlfriend will let me.

My girlfriend's father owns an 07 Suzuki Boulevard 700 and rides around like the big bafoon that he is on it, making my girlfriend and her mom worried sick about him all the time.
It also breaks down a lot, which seems weird to me, since it can't have very high mileage.

If I were to buy a bike though, it would have to be a Ducati 996.
Those bikes are just incredibly sweet looking.

2005 Electra Glide Standard 51,000 miles ..... Love to ride, after 3rd grear everything changes, Its my release from every day life.

bike trip 08 Smokies 1 042.jpg

cliff. those are great looking bikes. my dad had one of those when i was a kid.

The 100th Anniversary Sportster 1200C with Screaming Eagle set up is actually my third pure street bike. I've also had 3 dual purpose Suzuki's. The first two street bikes were a1983 Yamaha Seca 750 and a 1980 Goldwing. Currently in my garage besides the Harley are my two sons Kawasaki KLX 110, Yamaha TTR230, a mint condition 1979 Yamaha GT80, and three 1986 Suzuki quads, (LT185, LT230, and 230 QuadSport).

Truck and Harley.jpg

000_1114.jpg

000_1115.jpg

Anyhow fellas,this is my non mopar adrenaline fix.
My 2007 suzuki hayabusa.
I bought it brand new cuz i couldnt find a 99 model copper original that
i wanted.
Raced it the minute it was run in at 1600km on the clock.

It was standard,my best time is a 10.9 at 139 mph.

I was pretty happy with that cuz i cant ride for S***!
I just wanted to do a 10 anything!
1st pass was a 11.01!
An thought the 10 would be in the bag.
Took me another 7 passes before i did it haha!

I havent raced it since i put the pipes on it an tune,
But il let yous know how it goes anyhow.
Im hoping for around 143 mph. Wel see.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h10.jpg

h13.jpg

h15.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

HERES MINE 1994 KAWASKI VULCAN 1500, BOTUGHT IT WITH 2000 MILES ON IT,,NOW HAS JUST OVER 11000, I DONT GET TO RIDE IT TOO MUCH,,

DAVE WHAT WITH THE VALIANT VERT ???/,

dodge ram stripe and bike 014.jpg

dodge ram stripe and bike 013.jpg

nice bikes.... i picked up my first bike this summer.. a 08 kawi ninja 250r.. i no its small but perfect for comuting and to learn with.

Here is my 2005 RoadKing Custom in the infield at Daytona....95 cu.in. with Screamin Eagle 203 cams & CNC ported Screamin Eagle heads,Vance & Hines Big Shot Longs...throaty lump : )

100_0397.jpg

Been riding the bike for a few weeks and it's awesome. Here's a pic on PCH after a nice cruise athrough the Malibu canyons this past Sunday.

13767_187603120671_617870671_3484050_4910382_n.jpg

Ojai, Ca My first 1st ride off the local streets

11438_179155370671_617870671_3425663_3013849_n.jpg

The vert will get some attention this weekend. 8) But riding is such a blast. :love7:

Nice!......if I was going to buy another bike, it would be an older 996. That's one sexy *** bike! Just remember to always stay alert.....you can't let yourself go off into "daydream-land" when riding a bike; there's too many lousy-driving losers out there who will T-bone you, turn left in front of you, change lanes into you ('cuz they're too lazy to turn their fat neck) etc.
Remember also......look left and right before you take off from a green light, don't ride in a vehicle's blind spot, and always "expect the worst" from people in any given situation......people turning left in intersections is one of the worst I'd say. Awesome!......best of luck! Here's my old Kawis......

P1001901.jpg

H2_1.jpg
is the blue kaw a triple two stroke

my bike is a 03 triumph daytona 955i

-
Back