Who is going to Carlisle???

-
Where does everyone "hang out" at Carlisle? I mean, is there a spot that all the regulars seem to congregate in?

George

sure everyone has their own place. i will be under the mopar misfits tent.

thurs everyone goes to that dealer show
fri is south mountain

I'm thinking of getting a Vendor spot to park my Dart in. This way I can drive right to the center of the action, and my car will be close by to stop at and put stuff in.
My son and I really have no place to hang out so I need a decent spot to get out of the sun and sit down for a while.

George

sweet. thanks man. like i said when they tell me where the tent is i'll post it. usually a few weeks before the show

Thank You for the kind complements. It's kind of funny, but it is so easy to get down on your own car. Everyone's car always seems nicer somehow. Don't get me wrong I really like my car, but when I park my survivor next to a nice restoration mine gets lost.

At a local show last year I over heard one critic say (if my valve covers looked like that I would close my hood) :thebirdm:

Guy probably drives a Ricer with plastic spinners and a coffee can exhaust.:toothy10:

lol.. i hear that.. i think my car is a rust bucket but others seem to like it. thing is when you own it you know and see every imperfection in it.

Where does everyone "hang out" at Carlisle? I mean, is there a spot that all the regulars seem to congregate in?

George
Hi George, they are all scattered. Never seen an organized hang out place for FABO. Last years effort at Marcus barely worked out.

Hi Tom!
I was supposed to go to Marcus that day, but I forgot what happened and I couldn't make it. I would have been in my truck anyway as the Dart was nowhere near done at the time.
If I get a vendor spot and a small tent, you guys will be more than welcome to hang out there with my kid and I. I will post my spot if it comes to that. We might even bring a couple of coolers and some burgers/dogs/drinks and a Hibachi to cook with at the spot.

Another NE FABO get-together needs to be planned ASAP as the warm weather is setting in already. I would sure like to meet some of ya's and check out your rides.

George

Hi Tom!
I was supposed to go to Marcus that day, but I forgot what happened and I couldn't make it. I would have been in my truck anyway as the Dart was nowhere near done at the time.
If I get a vendor spot and a small tent, you guys will be more than welcome to hang out there with my kid and I. I will post my spot if it comes to that. We might even bring a couple of coolers and some burgers/dogs/drinks and a Hibachi to cook with at the spot.

Another NE FABO get-together needs to be planned ASAP as the warm weather is setting in already. I would sure like to meet some of ya's and check out your rides.

George
Looks like we'll be there again, MoPars at Carllisle is like the highlight of the year for my Chrysler itch that needs scratching. Hopefully we'll have another mighty MoPar tagging along, a fully restored '70 R/T Challenger..My brother is on the finishing touches as we speak, down to all dashboard stuff and a/c lines. George, sent a PM...didnt know you were online this morning..If you like to borrow I have a canopy tent w/ center post you could set up for the swap area.

dmore

Thanks Yours looks VERY nice.

Mine will look a little different With hubcaps. I just purchased a set of whitewall radials for the original steel wheels. I like the car much better with the aluminum slots, but I don't think they will fly in the survivor tent.

I'll be there Friday morning and leaving Friday night. Plans to shop early and be at the Drag-0-Way for the action in the afternoon. My Barracuda most likely won't be attending because the project won't be ready ( 8 3/4 build up w/ axles. new steelies w/ plydiv caps n rubber all around. new radiator and cooling system ). I really want to see John Arruzza's Ball Stud Hemi 69' Cuda if its there.
8) :snakeman:

I will be there Friday to Sunday.

70.JPG

bump

you guys that are going. if your bringing a car and don't have a club to put in on the registration form i'd appreciate it if you could put "mopar misfits" in where it asks for your club name.

-
Back