Who is sick of driving today with all the jerks on the road

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I know I sure am. Freaky traffic is so dumb now. Seen this today on a 4 lane 55 mph zone a car just stopped at the light 10 seconds after turning green. Cars whizzing by--not one blows its horn to wake the driver up. Finally goes and its some gal looking down on her passenger seat still. Yeah honey, do your paper work in a 55 mph zone.

And if you rear ended her its your fault!

Then you get the jerks in their newer cars who can't step on the gas to make the light, no go 35 mph in a 45 mph zone, after all better to take 5 mins longer then 5 mins quicker.

And then you have the ones who look 3 to 4 cars down--no matter how fast traffic is coming, they just pull out. And then there are the ones who need a 20 car length space even if traffic is slowly moving.

Yeah, I am getting sick of driving. Was fun before smart phones, faxes--maybe even stereos.

Even the teenagers drive like crap today, ha ha.

The easiest way to get to the shop is through the city then into town where it increases to 40mph. On the way home it never fails. Some idiot doing 30 in the 40... and, you guessed it, when it slows down to 30 in the city they slow down to 20... I always have to ask: if you can drive 30 in the 40, why can't you drive 30 in the 30?

Me!!! I hate my town, where people decided to text and run stop signs and almost hit you in the door!

Around here right now on these mountain roads some people are sight seeing and looking at the pretty leaves on the trees instead of driving. Doing 25 mph in a 50 mph zone and holding up 20 cars. You can't pass them because there is a blind corner every 500 feet. They refuse to let people by and once you get to a passing lane they act like it's the restart of a nascar race. I mean door to door doing 70 mph. Why do people do this? Do they do it on purpose or are they just stupid?

You know besides cell phones, etc. There are many more people today popping all types of meds. From anti depression pills, to pills to treat anxiety. Then there are sleeping pills--which stay in your body for 48-72 hours. Those meds have to effect the skill of the people taking them. The drug stores drive in lanes always have one or two cars--how freaky lazy you can not walk in the store to buy your pills. Maybe if you walk more, your mood would pick up, no pop those happy pills.

It seems like every other driver thinks I'm number 1. :dontknow:

I must be popular!

Funny, I was just ranting to myself on the way home......why does every van, mini-van and Volvo have to go below the speed limit in the left lane?

Haha, just tonight I had 3 cars in the extreme right lane (of 3 lanes) turn left in front of me at the light. The last one to do it gave me a dirty look in the mirror as I let her go in front of me.

I was texting my homie when this ho in a Lexus on her cell phone turned right in front of me....
Oh, thought this was a L.A. thread.....

So you wanna hear about the grandpa who is constantly changing lanes and speeding only to find himself 3 persons in front of me in the chow line ? I gave him a short matter of fact. His wife is probably still laughing. She totally agreed with me. No purpose in driving like that.
I'm in no hurry to get anywhere. I often go out of my way to follow someone all the way to their destination just to say, "You're riding around on a flat tire".

Lost a beautiful 68 Charger to a lady who ran a stop sign and T-boned me. Still tote a resentment about that.

I ride a motorcycle a good bit and of course have had people pull out in front of me so I've seen a lot of numb skulls. It's not getting any better either. Technology is the main factor.

Friend of mine told me about a guy who was texting accidently weaved under the wheels of a rig pulling a trailer. He was killed of course.

Read yesterday a pack of ten motorcyclist riding together was ran over by a transfer truck. The motorcycles was at a red light and the truck driver didn't see that he needed to stop. There was no indication that he even hit the brakes until he was running them over. He was high on meth! Four people died in the accident. A girl on her motorcycle near the back of the pack yelled "Look out!"..... that was her last words.

Funny, I was just ranting to myself on the way home......why does every van, mini-van and Volvo have to go below the speed limit in the left lane?

I often stay in the right lane. Seems like everyone wants to drive in the left or middle lane, and I usually go faster on the far right! Of course there is the problem with the idiots who have to speed past me, pull in front of me, and then slow down 1 mile before their exit - usually when there was nobody behind me. I took a defensive driving course 30 years ago and always drive with the attitude "yes, they are trying to kill me". Then it comes as no surprise when they pull their latest stunt.

yeah,theres those people that like to text while driving,and I cant even count how many i see on cell phones.Then theres always that dumb broad whos checking her hair and make-up at the stop light .The other day,I even saw some guy shaving while driving,its like gezz dude,get your *** out of bed earlier and you will have plenty of time to shave at home.I think they give licenses out of Cracker Jack boxes now because some morons dont deserve to have a license.

Well there has always been poor drivers on the roads but it seems now its like the norm.

When I first started driving on my own around 1980, drivers look out for each other. If you sat at a green light a driver going past you would honk, good idea since maybe the other car stop seen something crossing. Today its like nobody cares, if their lane is open they just past without slowing down, anything.

My reflexes are still ok but my mental vision of understanding what every car might be doing isn't as good. I was coming up to a red light and the right turn lane was open, so I'm doing a good 40, in a 45 zone while noticing a small 10 year old car stop leaving gas station. Darn thing pulls right out and stops---some dude waved her in to go straight in his lane. Yep I hit the brake and slid in to her side. No injuries and my bumper I was able to pull out, nothing crack and some touch up paint made everything pretty good. Her car was drivable but bad, she got a ticket for fail to yield but I felt like it was my fault for not thinking it might pull out, after all traffic was stop.

Its like so hard to drive quick now. She was 10 years younger than me. Very nice, I wasn't upset, again no bad damage on my ride. More depress on my dumb action but then the last week I been playing more attention to other drivers and wow, they are like retarded. Maybe all these car video games screwed them up, maybe drugs, maybe cell phones, I don't know but its changed out there.

Cop even said, "oh this happens all the time, a driver waves somebody in and they just go without looking across"

I personally have to disagree with your second point. The term "speed limit" doesn't hold much value to most people. Limit being the key word. If you are going anything under the limit I feel that is acceptable... and if you feel that by breaking the speed limit you are entitled to have a lane I don't agree at all. All this being based on a person doing so in the right lane I feel the person can go as slow as they want unless there is a minimum usually 45 in a 65.

Yeah people should have the right to drive slow but not if they are looking down at something on the seat next to them. Or they are going extra slow to piss off the driver behind them who they think is following too close, etc.

Just pay attention and share the road.

Oh I recall last summer taking Greyhound bus to Toronto, I seen a semi truck driver reading a magazine on his flat steering wheel. Yeah you have a 65 mph speed limiter but still, how quick can you stop that truck, not too quick, watch the road dam it.

I went to Sioux City Iowa the other day (not huge town but one of the bigger cities in the area)was running about 45mph when I saw the 35 mph speed limit sign, people where still passing me. I have to laugh at the people that have to get in the left lane to get 2 car lengths ahead. And quite often I am one of those people that will be doing 5-10 under the speed limit, especially if I am unsure of the speed limit.

A Police car all most hit me the other day he came right at me in my lane while he was texting....WTF!

I like the gay parking lot hicks with the 4x4 extended cab long bed diesel 4x4 that never goes off road but has all the equipment and they have to come to damn near a dead stop to go over a speed bump.

Or the jack knobs that drive a BMW, Mercedes, or something with better suspension than my 30+ year old daily driver and they have to slow down to 40 when going around a corner that I can take at 60 with no problem.

Oh and everyone that says California has the worst drivers...your wrong! I spent 8 years driving for a living and still do it every now and then. Most Oregon drivers are absolute retards behind the wheel no matter what state they are in! Any time I see an Oregon license plate I get the hell away from them!
Cali drivers are also better than most people from Seattle. I would rather be stuck in Friday rush hour traffic in LA than in Seattle and I have spent alot of time in both.

-
Back