Who Likes Egg Nog???

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's the best commercially made. It's from a little dairy in Montebello, CA, here in SoCal and only available during the Christmas holidays. It's soooooo good! So thick and rich.
I don't know how extensively they market it but it is available in some of the grocery chains here in SoCal. You really ought to try it if you can find it. Oh yeah, all of their milk products are packaged in glass bottles (you can find some of the empty bottles for sale on eBay).
I grew up in Montebello and we always bought all of our milk from Broguiere's dairy. The original founder of the dairy, Ernest Broguiere, was from the French Alps and started the dairy in 1920 with a herd of 150 cows on five acres. The Broguiere family lived in a small home just a few houses up the steet from the house I grew up in. The dairy is still in the family and now run by Ernest's oldest grandson. All the grandson's were drag racers here in SoCal.
I was late in trying to get my annual egg nog fix this year and couldn't find any in the local grocery stores so I drove to the original dairy yesterday morning. The place was mobbed with people all getting egg nog! Not only were both directions of the drive-thru packed but people were parked on both sides of the street up to a block away. While waiting in line I saw people putting ice chests full of bottles of egg nog in their trunks. Like I said, this is good stuff!!!
Want to try something really good? Make some French Toast with this egg nog.
Oh yeah, this egg nog is so good we put a fresh quart bottle of it in the freezer every December. Then we take it out on July 1st and let it thaw in the refrigerator. Nothing better than a glass of ice-cold egg nog on a hot 4th of July!

View attachment PC243152.jpg

Way too thick. Thin it with alcohol.

I love the taste, but i"m allergic. It does VERY bad things, very quickly to my digestive tract

I have never tried it.......Hemi gave me crap the other night in chat about it so I promised him I would try it plain, then mix in some Captian!!! :glasses7:

here here!! I can drink it all day long, love the stuff ocdart.

One of my favorite all time, I love it full strength. In the last couple of years, I've started to use eggnog instead of milk when I soak bread for bread pudding. This year, and my pudding is in the oven as we chat................. I used red velvet cake instead of bread so now my annual Christmas bread pudding is officially RedVelvetEggnogg pudding.

I have never tried it.......Hemi gave me crap the other night in chat about it so I promised him I would try it plain, then mix in some Captian!!! :glasses7:

Holy sheepshit Keith! You never tried EGG NOG? Well just make sure you don't get that canned crap, it sucks. Get the fresh stuff in a regular milk carton, and yeah the Captain does help it out a little LOL... Merry Christmas brother and to all of our FABO brothers and sisters.
Rocky

Was just drinking some nog with a little bit of Bacardi white in it.
You know , just a little bit to add a little flavour , you know. hic-up
Cheers

Good thing I clicked on this thread, it reminded me that I havent had my annual nog & Captian, and seein that I have a bottle of Private stock in the freezer I'm now sipping on a glass... mmmmm mmmm good! Love nog!

-
Back