Who started building there 408 stroker today? this guy right here!!!

-

67cudaResto89

Reaction score
Sooooo excited just got a huge increase of pay at work and now i can finally start getting the 360/408 stroker turbo together! Brought the cash up for the stroker kit today having it built by the best around these parts ECAM RACING!!! looking at a 101mm turbo to fit in my tiny a body was originally going to do twins but decided i can always add stuff later and since its my first turbo build i'd keep it simple and keep the cost down. I'll still be able to achieve some big power with the 101mm and a 408. Plus with the advice from joe at ECAM:blob: i'm going to have a pretty wicked MOPAR!

You'll get better preformance with two smaller turbos vs one big turbo. Just food for thought

really? Like i said my first turbo build so alot of info on the subject of turbocharging is there any specific reason why twins would be better? i want asmuch performance as possible considering this car is going to be a weekend cruiser

it would take less time to spool a tt setup than a one BIG turbo setup

the two turbos is better than one is a myth.. with a 101mm turbo you will make gobs upon gobs of power.. its all preferance.. in an a body id say a single is the way to go being you have limited space, especially on the drivers side.. the steering shaft leaves zero room for a down pipe.. a friend of mine made 625whp with a single borgwarner 67mm turbo at only 8psi on his 351 windsor mustang.. so im sure you understand that your in for plenty of power..

well from the specs my builder and i have discussed we are hoping to get around 550 to 650 out of the motor and with the 101mm turbo at tops 20lbs of boost we are hoping to get close to 800 or 900. I'm getting rid of the steering shaft and putting in an rms alter k ation setup to give more room.

it would take less time to spool a tt setup than a one BIG turbo setup
Like Mopar426 said Twins is spool up faster, meaning power coming sooner. As far as space is concerned you can get a reverse style turbo (different from the standard turbos you usually see) so you can save on room and get that nice tight fit.
There is a member here that as a picture of twin turbo mounted on a sb for his avatar, might want to talk to him (his name escapes me at the moment).

Most Ford Diesel turbos are CCW rotation as opposed to the more common CW style. So one and one would be a assymetrical looking install, 1 large one..hang on...2 is twice the plumbing, 2 BOV's, intercooler entry issues, yadda yadda. Sure it may spool faster but space consideration is a big issue, and that space next to the passenger valve cover is rearing to get stuffed with some snail.....

the two turbos is better than one is a myth.. with a 101mm turbo you will make gobs upon gobs of power.. its all preferance.. in an a body id say a single is the way to go being you have limited space, especially on the drivers side.. the steering shaft leaves zero room for a down pipe.. a friend of mine made 625whp with a single borgwarner 67mm turbo at only 8psi on his 351 windsor mustang.. so im sure you understand that your in for plenty of power..

Not saying Twins are Better than a Big Single in anyway, just thought I would post a picture here. The downpipe on the drivers side though is not a problem. I am using 3.5" Dumps on mine. It does get tight at the bottom of the car on the Passenger side though. Snaking around the Bell/Corner of the trans pan and the Torsion bar took a little bit.

One thing you need to remember is, with a Big Single most have a 5" Exhaust Dump. So you will need to figure out where you are going to exit it.
Alot of guys just dump them right in front of the K member on Single Turbo A Body.

View attachment phpOZIBEbPM.jpg

I wantd to run the twins like yours because you found a way to make everything look so neat and clean. Thats what i was worried about with the twins. I dont want to cut the car up to make it fit. Plus putting in an alterk is gna giv me more room on the drivers side and i was gonna run the brake lines and all the wiring thru the firewall im trying to save as much space as possible. Ill be deletig the torsion bars withthe alterk as well so thatll free up space on the passenger too. Maddart did you have to modify any of the body to get the piping to squeeze in there read all 40 pages of the thread in one day so i cant remember?

I wantd to run the twins like yours because you found a way to make everything look so neat and clean. Thats what i was worried about with the twins. I dont want to cut the car up to make it fit. Plus putting in an alterk is gna giv me more room on the drivers side and i was gonna run the brake lines and all the wiring thru the firewall im trying to save as much space as possible. Ill be deletig the torsion bars withthe alterk as well so thatll free up space on the passenger too. Maddart did you have to modify any of the body to get the piping to squeeze in there read all 40 pages of the thread in one day so i cant remember?

I put 2- 4" holes in each inner fender to get the piping in and out of the Intercoolers. I also had to clearance 3 other areas of the Frame Rail "LIP" but nobody will ever know. No other body modifications were done. I could have run the Intercooler Piping down and under the front frame Rails and then to the Intercoolers but then you would have seen the pipes from the front of the car. I ran my exhaust above the K member also for this same reason. So when you look at the car it will be as if it was stock. I chose a cam grind that was Turbo Specific but told the grinder I wanted to still hear the camshaft cause I had to have that Muscle Car Rumble, and boy does it. At first glance when I roll up somewhere you will think that it is Naturally aspirated until it starts to Whistle! Flat Hood no scoops and everything is hidden, Steelie wheels with Center Caps. Trying to pass it off as a Sleeper.

That is the way to go. I know u did a mini tub do u think ur tires will be big enOugh to handle the power? My builder is tryin to convince me tk back half the car but i dont want to. I want this looking as stock as possible no fuel cell Or nething like that. And if u dont mind if u ever get a free moment do u mind sending me a parts list fOr your setup so i can mimic it. If notthats fine as well your setup is sick hope u get the bugs worked Out soon i cant wait for this thing to get dropped in to ur car.

That is the way to go. I know u did a mini tub do u think ur tires will be big enOugh to handle the power? My builder is tryin to convince me tk back half the car but i dont want to. I want this looking as stock as possible no fuel cell Or nething like that. And if u dont mind if u ever get a free moment do u mind sending me a parts list fOr your setup so i can mimic it. If notthats fine as well your setup is sick hope u get the bugs worked Out soon i cant wait for this thing to get dropped in to ur car.

Well If it is Mostly a Street Car, Back halving would be overkill.

Guys are running 8 Sec quarters with Leaf Springs and a 9" Tire so I don't think it is necessary especially for your use.

I will be installing a sump in my stock gas tank, no Fuel Cell either. Trying to keep it low key.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the "Goods":D

All i want out of this car is to race my snap on guys gto and beat him. That is it. Lol i know petty but its all in good fun i got a snap on boroscope on the line here lol hes pushing a 05 gto 600 hp to the wheels it pulls 10s all day

-
Back