Who still runs windshield wipers?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I'm torn about removing the wipers.
Pops says Chuck em but this car still has a licence plate and I would like to keep it as long as I can... I know it' not legal to remove them on the street and I hear folks do get pulled over for them being gone...

My dart is pretty much a full race car, 14 point cage, soon to be tubbed and loud but I do most of my driving on the street. So what do you think? Have you been hassled for not having wipers and what was the out come?

If I get a fix it ticket I'll most likely loose my plate as the car is to far gone in the race direction to ever pass any inspection... and that would suck big time...

I haven’t had wipers on my street/strip car for 5 years and have never been hassled. I wouldn’t hesitate to take them off but I’m sure each state may act differently.

Full roll cage, not DOT.
Kirky seat, not DOT.
5 Point Simpson harness, not DOT.
No turn signals, not DOT. (I do have hand signals)
Harwood scoop, not DOT.
8" Cherrybombs, NOT DOT.

Should I really be worried about wipers?
:)

Full roll cage, not DOT.
Kirky seat, not DOT.
Harwood scoop, not DOT.
8" Cherrybombs, NOT DOT.

Don't forget the 14x32's tucked underneath! :lol:

The motor, linkage, wiper arms and a bit of wiring. We're talking, about 15-20 lb? That gets you - .05? Leave them. You can still take the car for ice cream.

I still have wipers on my Dart but they aren't hooked up to anything. Like RRR said, RainX worked fine on my windsheild last summer when we got caught out in a brief shower.

The cool guy runs one and omits the other. That's what the Millenium Falcon has, and he's faster than you.

I'd ditch the driver's side and keep the passenger side, just to be a prick, m'self.

I still run them, but I still have the heater too. There have been times when it felt good coming back on the return road. lol

Full roll cage, not DOT.
Kirky seat, not DOT.
Harwood scoop, not DOT.
8" Cherrybombs, NOT DOT.

NO

If you can metaphorically LOL keep it in your pants LOL usually cops don't give (at least me) a hard time with the Duster. They're more in awe of how cool it is and usually driving it on the weekends and nice days and I'm assuming they're probably thinking I'm going to a car show or something. But again this is being seen by the police when I'm driving cool...
Actually the last time I drove duster LOL I had a cop come catch me after I went around the corner a little sideways LOL and came up alongside of me and gave me the old slower down signal and I gave him the thumbs up LOL definitely no windshield wipers or blinkers with headers and glasspacks....8 point rollbar 6 point harnesses....sunglasses and a smile....LOL

no windshield wipers or blinkers with headers and glasspacks....8 point rollbar 6 point harnesses....sunglasses and a smile....LOL

^^^^^^this should be a bumper sicker.

Ok out they go!

This is what I did with my wipers
I've had the car for roughly 20 years
Street/strip
Couldn't tell you the last time I actually used them
Just decided I didn't need them anymore

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

-
Back