Whos going to Vegas for Mopars at the Strip??

-

six pack

Reaction score
Just wondered if we have a roll call going yet?
I will be there Saturday as I'm returning from CA with the family.

Is there a meet up spot??

I was planning the trip from IL for over a year. Now the wife is due with our first baby a week or so later so the trip is off. Say "hi" to Phil for me. :mrgreen:

I'm seriously thinking of going,, If I can get my brother to go along and share the driving. I haven't been to Vegas since I was 10 years old,, we drove through there one time. I'd like to see it now that i'm 45.. lol

I've heard that mopars at the strip is a cool event.
See you there,,, I hope !

Scott

I am going to make the drive from San Diego I will probably
be up there Thurs. nite I am going to take a few personal days.
I am not racing, for my Duster will be in my brothers museum
in Minn. Anybody going I will give you my cell number, if anyone
is racing and needs an extra set of hands I will be more than
happy to buy a pit pass and give you a hand in the pits.
After, we'll have a few cold ones!!! 8)

I managed to go last year. Two years in a row is pushing it.... My wife is cool, but not up for an annual pilgramage to Sin City. Mopars at the Strip is a great show. Word of advice: Pack a HUGE cooler in your car and bring PLENTY of water. They were charging $4 for a 12oz. bottle. Between me & my wife we must have spent close to $30 on water..... :shock:

Besides, Vegas itself kinda sucked... It reminded me of a large-scale Times Square thats gone horribly wrong :shock:

I'm Going ! This will be my first trip to Vegas. Dragging a couple of my brothers along with me. We'll be flying out to save a little time.

Lets see,, things to do:
Buy airline tickets
Book Hotel
Bring water
Look up Vegas strip joints on internet,
OOPS ! Forget about that last one !

See ya guys there
Scott

I'll be flying in on Friday to drive one of my customer's cars .. Finishing up the new trans/converter right now. 64 Fury with a Barton HEMI.. :shock: :bounce:

I think board member Hawaii Duster (Craig) now lives in Vegas .. so all of us F.A.B.O members should plan to meet up, and I guess if we HAVE TO we can mingle with the moparts.com members .. hehe ..

See you guys there! :thumleft:

Yep I'm here in Vegas now, so who ever is coming up let me know. We all need to meet up somewhere at least once so we can put some faces with the names.

Hawaiiduster:
I am driving up on Thurs. nite late to avoid the L.A traffic.
My gal lives off of Tropicana and Nellis Blvd. I will
probably head to the track around lunch time on Friday.
I don't have the program with me rite now it is a 3 day event
isn't it?

It is a 3 day event.
There will be a ¼ mile of moparscar show at the cannery hotel and Fri night. There will also be entertainment Sat night at the Cannery.

Will everyone be at the show Saturday?

I think I am staying at the Hampton Inn with some other racers from Colorado .. :scratch:

I'll buy all ya guy's a beer or 12. :salut: :mrgreen: :shock:

AdamR said:
Chris did you get the barton mess fixed up ?

Adam, well ..that's a loaded question. Someone worked on the car/transmission that shouldn't have, so we're building a new converter for it, and throwing the Turbo Action manual VB in the garbage. It should be good to go ..providing the motor isn't down on power (I have a feeling it is) ... We are gonna hit a test and tune here on March 26th, so if it isn't right (motor wise) the car will not be going to Vegas.

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I'll be here if any of you guys need anything while in Vegas. Orangedust I work at The Beach so when you get into town give me a call.

Just 2 days away!! we should all meet on Friday around lunch time
somewhere at the track. I've been looking at the schedule for events,
they have a race packed full weekend! This is gonna rock!!! 8)

I'm driving up Friday night with the family and I'll be around all day Saturday...name a time and place and I'll try to be there!!

Dart64 said:
Hotwheelsjr said:
I'm driving up Friday night with the family and I'll be around all day Saturday...name a time and place and I'll try to be there!!

Please, post Pictures :bounce:

Certainly will...I'll be taking as many as my camera will hold!!!

I am flying in tonight (Thursday) .. Since I don't have anyone else's contact info, give me a call on my cell if you want to meet up!

Hope to see you guys there!

Cell: 720-939-4896 ask for Chris!

:mrgreen: :salut: :thumleft:

I am leaving Calif. I'll see you all hopefully at the track. I can be reached at
619 279-0999. Let's all hook up!! Outta here! 8)

Well it looks like I won't be there .. We were flying standby out of denver on frontier, and both flights we tried to get on last night were packed. Not a single seat available..... :dontknow: :banghead:

We'll be there!
8 Cars from the Great State Of Oregon

66 Cuda
65 Valiant
70 Dart
70 Cuda
63 Dodge 2 door
63 Dodge 4 Door (Tow Vehicle for the 2 door)
70 Lawn Dart
68 AMX

We'll have an 80' Vendor space to the right as you enter, come on over and say hi.

Hotwheelsjr said:
I'll be posting pics later this evening when I return from work.
Hmmmmm, musta had problems with your photo gear I take it, since this was a thread from last year and still no pics. Wish I had the cash to make it this year but looks like i will just have to wait, I much rather want to go to the http://www.silverstateclassic.com/ my self. I am more into the flat out open road race kinda thing ya know.

-
Back