Who's running the same size tires front and rear

What size tires are you running

• Same size front and rear

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Staggered

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
-
Gotta ask….. what was the date code on the tire that blew?

245/60R14 all the way around for same reason. Rotate advantage as well. Right front occ rubs on right turn with full load but minimal.

IMG_9919.jpeg

I ran 225/60/15's on all 4 corners of my Duster for awhile with cop wheels, 15x7 with a 4.25" backspace. Now staggered with 275/35/18's on 18x9's in the front with 295/40/18's in the back on 18x10's.

img_9945-jpeg-jpg-jpg.1716192727

View attachment 1716253960
How much trimming of the finders did you do? And what back spacing? The prior owner put 16’s on my car, which the selection is nothing.

Testing out the front tires on the rear, they look a little small back there :lol:
IMG_8165.png

Cover-via-Bug-Bmx-on-YouTube.jpg

I know a guy that did the tiny wheel thing on his truck. No one at work understood. So we asked him why? His answer?

“Did it for the pure fun of super easy burnouts for long distances.”

Gotta love this guy!

I run 5 of the same size in both bias ply and radials.
IMG_2888.jpeg

225/70/14 redline BGF tires, stock wheels and a matching spare.
IMG_1679.jpeg

E70-14 redline firestones, stock wheels and a matching spare.

It just makes life easier because my old hot rod runs big and smalls and my spare is a compromise for both front and rears.

Cliff Ramsdell

Staggered width but same or close enough to the same height/diameter to use one spare for the front or rear.
245/45-17x8 (25.68") front 275/40-17x9 (25.66) rear on my 'Cuda

Running the same 275/40-17 on the rear of the 69 Barracuda and the fronts will be something very close to the same diameter... like 245/45-17 (25.68") or 215/50-17 (25.46" diameter). Fronts are still TBD.
Close enough to a 135/80-17 (25.5") Temporary Spare diameter for me. That's what will be in the trunk of the Barracuda. It fits the tire well easy and lays below the trunk floor, so I can place a thin board in the trunk to cover the spare and it will lay flat. Will be upholstering or carpeting the trunk to look more like a new car trunk.

The staggered look is for those living in the past and trying to recreate their lost youth:rolleyes:
So when the Designers at Chrysler put staggered tires on the 1970 Challenger T/A and the Cuda AAR, were they (and all the people who bought them) living in the past and trying to recreate their lost youth?
That makes about as much sense as the 'discussion' I got into with someone the other day about coffee. I put cream and sugar in my coffee. A guy at a meeting I was at said that I wasn't really drinking coffee. I asked him that if I put Ketchup on french fries, wasn't I still eating french fries? If I put chocolate syrup on my ice cream, wasn't I still eating ice cream? If I put Heinz-57 steak sauce on steak, wasn't I still eating steak? Some comments just don't make any sense at all.

It’s simple. “I don’t like it so you should just make yours the same as mine.”

Staggered rocks.

I still have a car with rubber hanging 2” outside the wheel wells!

-
Back