Why all the hate for youtubers?

-
Do you prefer the professionally produced videos or home video style. A comparison would be The Roadkill guys vs. a guy in his home shop with a cell phone camera or go pro etc.

i like both.. the armature can do a great video even if the crew is not professional... its all about how its presented for me. roadkill has some real shitty video too at times.

i follow tony angelo and you can see him learning the video side of things. they are getting better. i still fast forward through a lot of his stuff. too much bullshit between good stuff.

the dirt every day guys both have their own channels now too since they show got canceled.. you can see them learning how to get the video better every episode..

in the end i think editing is where it gets to a make it or break it thing for the videos..

Would you guys rather see "First person" as in someone is rebuilding a carb,and all you see is the bench, the parts and tools, and the persons hands doing the work?
If it's something your trying to learn probably but mostly it comes down to the youtubers personality and entertainment value they got to hold your interest, like David Vizard love his books can't stand his videos, watch them when it's something I want to know but it's usually very dry rambling mess :)

Last edited:
Do you prefer the professionally produced videos or home video style. A comparison would be The Roadkill guys vs. a guy in his home shop with a cell phone camera or go pro etc. even if the home guy is paying attention to proper lighting etc. I think this is where it gets challenging,as a professionally produced video I would think requires and extra camera and camera operator etc. The home guy is going to be using a camera and or cellphone and most likely working alone.
I hate hate hate cell phone video
Granted, things have come a long way, but if all I hear is wind noise, that's a hard no

Also, if they hold the phone the wrong way I will not watch it, period

There is a reason my eyes are side by side, and not over-under

Do you prefer the professionally produced videos or home video style. A comparison would be The Roadkill guys vs. a guy in his home shop with a cell phone camera or go pro etc. even if the home guy is paying attention to proper lighting etc. I think this is where it gets challenging,as a professionally produced video I would think requires and extra camera and camera operator etc. The home guy is going to be using a camera and or cellphone and most likely working alone.
Most things I watch is a guy filming himself, long as the voice and camera are decent, I mainly watch car fabrication videos.

i like both.. the armature can do a great video even if the crew is not professional... its all about how its presented for me. roadkill has some real shitty video too at times.

i follow tony angelo and you can see him learning the video side of things. they are getting better. i still fast forward through a lot of his stuff. too much bullshit between good stuff.

the dirt every day guys both have their own channels now too since they show got canceled.. you can see them learning how to get the video better every episode..

in the end i think editing is where it gets to a make it or break it thing for the videos..

TA a is pretty damned funny. I like his channel.

Keep in mind that not all criticism is or should be construed as "hate." You can be critical of something or someone and still enjoy the content.

I watch youtube solely for entertainment, and if I learn something, then that's just a bonus.

Keep in mind that not all criticism is or should be construed as "hate." You can be critical of something or someone and still enjoy the content
Exactly, I`ve watched people go from awkward to professional through the years by listening to the comments and upping their game. Simple thing like tripods, wind socks, remote mics, for yourself and guests so you can hear :wtf: the other person is saying, etc.

Just the camera angels and distances are difficult to get right also.
Can make or break a video.
I like Bad Chad videos and love what he does but if the camera work was crappy I wouldn't be able to watch it for long

To answer the OP's question: because every Tom, Dick and Harry are doing Youtube and most just arent very good at it...:rolleyes:
Reason everyone's doing it you just need to be entertaining have some knowledge/skill to pass on build a small base of viewers and get paid for doing what you like to do, I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm thinking of trying it myself. Just cause most aren't good no reason to hate on most are lucky to get 25k views.

I'm not reading four pages, just throwing in my $0.02 as someone that's lambasted Youtubers on here.

I enjoy Youtube videos, and watch some daily, even if if I've seen them before.
The difference: some youtubers create content, and some exist only to get the clicks.

Kinda like radio. One is Howard Stern, one is NPR.

The problems with "the clicks" is that there's no upper limit. It's always bigger and faster and more more more until someone gets hurt. People forego common sense "for the clicks", and after awhile, it's just this:
1668113602432.png

I have a youtube channel. You can either enjoy it, learn from it or pass it on by. Couldn't care less and why comments are turned off.. lol

I'm gonna check It out. Cool video and car. The soundtrack about mass immunization centers was creepy....

Last edited:
his latest. you can subscribe from here..

How much **** did he break to install that turbo... J/K

I like "This" Tony...

Remember kids, frame connectors are bad on a unibody mopar... that was the most assinine thing ever said from the other "anthony...." FFS

I'm with others that the tube can also be a great source of assistance.

Had to change the window regulators and timing belt on a Camry. Watched a 15-25 minute video, made a list of things required. Good to go. Other than the shrinking cream I needed for my hands to be the size of a 10 year old japanese kid. LOL Damn some of those areas are rough to get adult sized hands into.

Reason everyone's doing it you just need to be entertaining have some knowledge/skill to pass on build a small base of viewers and get paid for doing what you like to do, I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm thinking of trying it myself. Just cause most aren't good no reason to hate on most are lucky to get 25k views.
Just do it. I have a whopping 35 viewers!
I’ll get to another video later-ish.
Truth be told, I have to down load them both. Edit and post.
heft hotrod garage to be home in PA with his family. has a daughter with a medical condition and he was constantly on the road.
He was in a tough spot to be doing that show with the issues at hand. The traveling part of it I would have said no thanks to the show. I live out east and the show is out west? Naaaa, you guys come east!
This guy ain’t wrong!

Everyone has their own build philosophy, and some think others should do it their way and no other way, everyone else's way is wrong and love to tell people endlessly so.

I watch youtube a lot, lots better than watching advertisements , I `m sick of them .
You have to take y/t with a grain off salt, a lot off bullsh-- , from people that dont know their *** from a hole in the ground !
Lots of ''my way is the right way" , just because they did something , or , ''use some certain part , is better than anyone else`s'' , when in fact they have no clue .

It's kind of like giving somebody a swirly you hold 'em down just so long and let 'em up for air so they don't die on ya...because then everyone will stop laughing immediately...it isn't hate, just fun and games...:)

-
Back