Why do all cars look similar/same/cloned now?

-
Lets face it, all the new cars look like crap, at least thats what almost all the people say when they come up to me in a parking lot to ask questions and talk about my Dart!

Jeff

have a look at the 2019 trucks, ford chev dodge toyota, all have similar front ends and body lines
Yeah, they really screwed the ram up ! It has been the best looking truck, by far for quite a while, but not anymore. They do all look alike now!

I don't know.
But I wish headlight on new vehicles would be regulated to a standard height.
Tall vehicles with headlights that shine in my eyes.
Make the vehicle any size wanted, but put the headlights were they don't blind me.
No higher than a standard car maybe.
What is the reason to have headlights 4 feet off the ground?

Ugggh, I agree about the cheapness, plastic parts that snap together I could understand on a cheap car.

Another reason for the sameness in looks is government regulations for the hood/cowl so for pedestrian safety should you hit somebody.

Those of us old enough, remember impatiently waiting for the new models to come out!!! Yes cars have soul, style, personality!!!!!

LOL!! Really? You've gotta be F*#king kidding Me, I challenge anybody to pick out '30's & 40's cars from each other that isn't a diehard car guy. And as someone who got
his operator's license in the early '80's, apparently You forgot that decade and a half from ~'78 to the early '90's entirely! There has been more styling variety in the last
20 years than almost any other 20 yr period(for better or worse), the progression from '55 to '75 would probably be the greatest 20 yr stretch.
Vehicle design is driven by styling trends & popularity, the understructure can be covered by almost any exterior facade, and an Omnirizon has a pretty damn good CD, it
isn't all aero driven either...it's just not.

LOL!! Really? You've gotta be F*#king kidding Me, I challenge anybody to pick out '30's & 40's cars from each other that isn't a diehard car guy. And as someone who got
his operator's license in the early '80's, apparently You forgot that decade and a half from ~'78 to the early '90's entirely! There has been more styling variety in the last
20 years than almost any other 20 yr period(for better or worse), the progression from '55 to '75 would probably be the greatest 20 yr stretch.
Vehicle design is driven by styling trends & popularity, the understructure can be covered by almost any exterior facade, and an Omnirizon has a pretty damn good CD, it
isn't all aero driven either...it's just not.
Wow!
I was just going to type this kind of response!
Look at the cars of the '20s, they all look the same.
The '30s? yep, the same.
'40s? '50s? '60s? '70s? '80s?
Yep, all have an evolution with car makers that have similar styling across the board.............
So, why would it be any different these days?

Wow!
I was just going to type this kind of response!
Look at the cars of the '20s, they all look the same.
The '30s? yep, the same.
'40s? '50s? '60s? '70s? '80s?
Yep, all have an evolution with car makers that have similar styling across the board.............
So, why would it be any different these days?
Gov. fuel standards "these days" really does dictate aerodynamic cooky cutter cars. Everyone seems to like the earth tone colors too. The similar colors seem to add to the likeness.

LOL!! And as someone who got
To take part of the response,...yes I got my license in '64. I agree... to me the early cars of the 30', 40's were in general not anywhere near style wise what the cars were of the 50's, 60's,70's,..Those later ones are the cars I mentioned as to what people waited eagerly to see in the fall. Now take a 32 Ford and make a rod out of it, then I beg to differ!!
The deal is you and I are from different generations. Be it good or bad. My generation, the baby boomers, while ago, in a other thread, was blamed for the downfall of mankind! from someone in your generation. But that is an agreement not to be made here!!!
I admit to being an old fart. 70. I do not see many cars built today that have any styling, just a vary, vary few. Car companies work long and hard to put more "technology" in them for the sake of higher prices, and meeting the demands of modern buyers. ie... Your generation an later.... I am not a modern buyer!!!!! I could not afford one, an IF I had that kind of money, it sure as hell would not go for a new car!!!

Much needed improvement over that "everything gets a bullseye" grille. Thats the front end they shoulda used along with 2 scoops in each door, and only 2 doors. Are you going to make opening headlight doors too?
The fascia is fully fabricated with servo controlled flip-up headlight doors. Behind each door are twin halogen Hella capsule headlights.

91791389-FACA-40A3-B821-7687892E46EF.jpeg

3A97BD5B-0323-4AB7-9C5E-B02C6F56962F.jpeg

I can't help but think that there's a lot of copying nowdays. So many different countries produce cars and US patents don't apply.

Lets face it, all the new cars look like crap, at least thats what almost all the people say when they come up to me in a parking lot to ask questions and talk about my Dart!

Jeff
And aren't old cars great?

I am beginning to think that the body parts will soon become interchangeable between the automakers... need a hood, doesn't matter if your car is Ford, Chevy or whatever, just get the hood from XYZ hood factory... it will fit!!!

got alot to do with the era you grew up in. Myself anything from the 40's look the same. I work with some young guys in their 20's and to them a 69 camaro doesn't look any different then a 70 challenger and a b body 70 charger looks like a 79 LTD!!, but they know the suttle differences between any 2015 and above rice burner. We bought a 2017 cherokee, and to mre it looks the same as a kia....., but I love my 2014 ram..

Nice pic, add the cool 69 ish nose, but the front doors need to be about 6" longer, and the rear doors need to be welded up, and the handles shaved, also make it a true hardtop with 4 roll down windows.

I saw the 2007 charger when i had money to buy, was upset at what i saw. I was expecting something closer looking to a 68/69. I owned both a 68 and a 69 years ago. I told em that aint a charger. Wrong number of pedals on the floor, wrong number of doors cut into the body. call it a monaco and sell it to the cops. They must have took my advice. Went and specced out an 07 mustang GT. Shoulda waited for a challenger but i love my mustang. Sitting behind those old timey 60s looking gages i feel like Steve McQueen in bullitt.

20160929_123238.jpg

20160929_123256.jpg

I am beginning to think that the body parts will soon become interchangeable between the automakers... need a hood, doesn't matter if your car is Ford, Chevy or whatever, just get the hood from XYZ hood factory... it will fit!!!
Or print your own.

-
Back