Why dont Millennials buy motorcycles?

-
Here's me at 6 about 1974 in the blue jacket on a Yamaha mini enduro, same bike a few years later. Even my sisters rode motors in the desert on our camping trips. Too sketchy on the street.
20190508_184340.jpg
20190508_184314.jpg

Cool Window van there of the 70s theme with the custom colors. Painted up vans of that era were all the rage . . .

Here's me at 6 about 1974 in the blue jacket on a Yamaha mini enduro, same bike a few years later. Even my sisters rode motors in the desert on our camping trips. Too sketchy on the street. View attachment 1715332604 View attachment 1715332605

Pistha,
Here is a trip down memory lane for you. Looks almost like the bike you have in your 1974 pictures.

We were out looking at cars last year and the lady had this mint GT80 Yamah, buddy Brian had to have that one so he brought it home.

GT80.jpg

That is really great that he kept it that long, neat article on the Mecum auction.

Brian tuned that one up and got it running just perfect. I said why don't you put that in the back of my stock Orange 76 D100 pickup for nostalgia sake and we will take it to the local car show at the local hardware store parking lot and show it. Brian was interested in selling it too.

We got there with the Yamaha in the back and before we got parked a guy came out from the hardware store as he was shopping there. Came over, crazy he had a bunch of cash in his pocket and he bought it right on the spot even before the show started, he said he had one just like it as a kid and had to buy it. I said well we want to show this, and he said I need to take it right now cause I am not staying for the show, so away it went. Brian was happy to get it turned and sold as that was his original intention in the first place.

It was a great local car show, and Brian was able to turn the little cycle at the same time.

I scored one of these at Pomona 10 years ago for $100 no title...it ran with a new plug! 1963 Honda Trail 55....older than my Barracuda. Sold it to a guy who came over to buy a 904 from me. I let it go for same $100. Wish I didnt :BangHead:......200 MPG on the road!!!

c105a.jpg
Herco-Engineering-Honda-55-Trail-and-Ranch-Bike-up-to-45-MPH-with-road-sprocket.jpg

00o0o_d94btnvewpz_600x450-jpg.1715332623

Can you bring me another Red Bull?
I want to stop at a food truck that does Thai.
Where can I plug my smartphone in?
Do these yoga pants look okay?

Motorcycles are Male dominated like most motorsports.

Unlike cars they are not really friendly to a smaller female because unlike cars, you can't move a seat forward and add pedal extensions. They are heavy and hard to handle and dont come in downsized versions ( at least what I have seen)

Very fun but not very practical and pricey
I like to show them up on an open hiway >not many chances of that anymore tho.

Motorcycles are Male dominated like most motorsports.

Unlike cars they are not really friendly to a smaller female because unlike cars, you can't move a seat forward and add pedal extensions. They are heavy and hard to handle and dont come in downsized versions ( at least what I have seen)

Very fun but not very practical and pricey

What makes you say that?:D

!cid_39003F1C7309403781F8B82549838978@leoe0e0d5d00d0.jpg

My Brother has a new Harley and pays through the nose for everything including mandatory service intervals for the warranty at 250 a service.

My Millennial Son rides one of these.
No AC
No windshield
No stereo
No cell phone holder
No cup holder
Near zero maintenance
Low insurance
WAY lower cost on pretty much everything and faster than the Harley in acceleration and top speed both.

shadow.jpg

My Brother has a new Harley and pays through the nose for everything including mandatory service intervals for the warranty at 250 a service.

My Millennial Son rides one of these.
No AC
No windshield
No stereo
No cell phone holder
No cup holder
Near zero maintenance
Low insurance
WAY lower cost on pretty much everything and faster than the Harley in acceleration and top speed both.

View attachment 1715332835

There's proof to my vision :D Spirits look great without those uglyass buckhorn bars and the right seat. That full rear fender on there looks good too :thumbsup:.

There's proof to my vision :D Spirits look great without those uglyass buckhorn bars and the right seat. That full rear fender on there looks good too :thumbsup:.

He learned early on the worth of a good reliable bike.
This was before the Honda CRF came out, when my Brother and I built this 4 stroke XR motor into a CR frame.
I am really glad he spent years riding dirt like I did before he hit the streets.

DSCF0003.JPG

#23 Because MOM wont ride on the back

1976 FXE Superglide Liberty Edition, custom fatty.

I love to ride but also hate it. The car next to you decides they want your lane while going 70 MPH on I-4, move or die!
upload_2019-5-9_14-14-42.jpeg

This was before the Honda CRF came out, when my Brother and I built this 4 stroke XR motor into a CR frame.
View attachment 1715332843[/QUOTE]

I did that XR in a CR modification years ago too. Made an awesome mountain bike. It took me to some pretty hard to get to fishing holes pretty quickly...I wish I still had that one. Your photo has me looking longingly....

my son (he is 24 now) on his JR50 years ago..
tylerjr50.jpg

him on his XR70
P5030237.jpg

my DRZ400, Jamies DR200 and rylees JR50
FF4F17B6-D1F1-48A4-8670-024353706102.jpg

my son on my YZ125
pictures293.jpg

Here's my Millennial Son's 2014 Bonneville T100. For sale in Rochester, NY for $5000. I know he has a lot more than that in it. PM me if interested.

Bonneville T100_01.jpg

Here he is with another of his (former) rides. So, he doesn't quite fit the profile in post #1. :usflag:

First Tour.jpg

-
Back