Why is oil coming out of these?

-
LOL Welcome to MY World! I do believe there is no such thing as "bolt on and go". Procomp to Jesel, its always something.
It just comes down to poor design and manufacturing. I'm hearing more and more these days how you have to "massage" aftermarket parts. Well once you think that's the norm, then it just gives manufacturers the green light to cut costs and make a junk product and expect the purchaser to finish the job. There will always be the oddball thing you will need to mod but a bolt on part should just "bolt on"
ProComp parts you say? Your just getting what you paid for.
Cheap
Fast
Reliable
You can only pick two...

My bets the valve covers too. Every aluminum cover I have are notched. if the gaskets not permanently stuck could you loosen the intake and slide a small square of flat beer can to block off the hole like people do with heat risers. Just an idea.
I am going to shoot a video of this leak so y'all don't think I am crazy. Oil is spewing out. This isn't a leak. The oil comes out like a geyser!

I am going to shoot a video of this leak so y'all don't think I am crazy. Oil is spewing out. This isn't a leak. The oil comes out like a geyser!

Sounds like you have some serious blow by or other crank case pressure issues.

Another issue I had with the one I had was coolant would seep out of it. It was porous in the rear, back where the rear collant passage block off was. It leaked outside of the crankcase and would just come right through the aluminum and run down the back. That was the last straw and it was replaced with an Air Gap.

Maybe you have a similar issue although I can't imagine why oil would be under any great pressure there...

Another issue I had with the one I had was coolant would seep out of it. It was porous in the rear, back where the rear collant passage block off was. It leaked outside of the crankcase and would just come right through the aluminum and run down the back. That was the last straw and it was replaced with an Air Gap..

I had the same issue with a Edelbrock Super Victor, right in front under the T-stat area. Leaked right thru the casting.

There is No Oil Pressure anywhere near the intake bolts. I just don't see how in the world you have pressurized oil spraying out one of your intake bolt holes.

Have you tried to pull out the plug to see if it is coming from that hole???

My stock valve covers are looking better and better every time I read about this stuff. Baffled under the breather hole, backwoods looking to fool the fools. What's not to like?

Just throwing this out there, but are you sure it isn't coming from the oil pressure sending unit area at the rear of the block. It is just a few inches from the plug. I just can't see any way for oil to spray from that plugged bolt hole. It will certainly spray from the sending unit area though.

There is No Oil Pressure anywhere near the intake bolts. I just don't see how in the world you have pressurized oil spraying out one of your intake bolt holes. Have you tried to pull out the plug to see if it is coming from that hole???
The plugs have been pressed in. It isn't coming out. I am going to check the fitting where my oil pressure line ties in the back behind the intake. I did notice a significant drop in pressure at the gauge. I was thinking it was due to so much oil loss. I never bumped my line or tweaked it, though.

Just throwing this out there, but are you sure it isn't coming from the oil pressure sending unit area at the rear of the block. It is just a few inches from the plug. I just can't see any way for oil to spray from that plugged bolt hole. It will certainly spray from the sending unit area though.
I was in panic mode. So, yes it is very possible it is the sending unit. When you watch it you'd swear it was coming from the plug though.

I've been less than impressed with procomp. Like the other guys said recheck the valvecovers for interference. Had to tweak mine.

I was in panic mode. So, yes it is very possible it is the sending unit. When you watch it you'd swear it was coming from the plug though.
As soon as I got home yesterday, I plugged my oil sending unit off. Guess what. No more leak! The way the oil was hitting the little plug in the intake made it appear as if it was gushing oil out of there. I just wanted to be honest at the expense of my dignity and tell everyone they were right and I'm not too bright sometimes. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me here!

As soon as I got home yesterday, I plugged my oil sending unit off. Guess what. No more leak! The way the oil was hitting the little plug in the intake made it appear as if it was gushing oil out of there. I just wanted to be honest at the expense of my dignity and tell everyone they were right and I'm not too bright sometimes. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me here![/quote

Don't sweat it. We have all been there at some time or another.

Glad to here you found the leak. I have seen this before once or twice.

As soon as I got home yesterday, I plugged my oil sending unit off. Guess what. No more leak! The way the oil was hitting the little plug in the intake made it appear as if it was gushing oil out of there. I just wanted to be honest at the expense of my dignity and tell everyone they were right and I'm not too bright sometimes. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me here!

Don't worry about it. - Not too many of us here with much dignity anyway. LOL. I'm sure I can out-bonehead you on stuff most days of the week.

-
Back