Why the hate for HR cams.

-
LOL....well then those people run the risk of a half worn down cam lobe then as was pictured, I will typically run mine after sitting a long time or if i'm regularly racing before the next race or inbetween 2 races at most, like I said i'm not worried about the adjuster itself loosening up as I run quality components but I am trying to be proactive in catching some other problem early.
Like I said, I don't disagree. You seem to be the only one you're arguing with.

Looks like a factory HR to me.
Nothing to adjust.

2B9F6B92-CE44-41D2-80CD-AED0CD1FD8A9.jpeg

Get whatever makes you happy...
This has turned into a argument instead of a discussion... I'm out..

Sooo, the 2017 Demon that made 840 HP, runs a HR Cam!

So from what I've gathered from all this, is that if Ma' Mopar would have used a Mechanical Cam, that thing would have been really FAST!!!!

:rofl::poke:

I’ve always had good success with HR cams. That said, there is nothing better than a hard roller. And if your geometry is right, lash is a once a year deal on a street/strip type car. Funny I saw this thread today, as I just pulled a custom ground HR out of my daily. Who said they don’t like to bounce? Ding ding ding give that guy a cookie.
View attachment 1715996525
Wow, thats UGLY!!!!

Who ever said it was fast....
In my opinion it’s pretty F’n fast for what it is!!!

It’s not Pro-Mod or Top Fuel… but then again they’re not street legal either!!!

I don’t think a 9:40’s car is laughable by any means… especially one you can drive to the track, race and drive home again!!!

Pretty impressive in my book, even at what they cost, still pretty impressive!!!

They have been proven to be nowhere near 9.40's with the average owner behind the wheel....but that's ok you can cherry pick the facts
I didn’t “Cherry Pick” anything…I was just making an statement over HR Cams and you turn it into this… I mean if you want to get into a pissing debate about average drivers versus IHRA/NHRA licensed drivers, go right ahead…but you’ll be arguing with yourself on that one!

I’ve always had good success with HR cams. That said, there is nothing better than a hard roller. And if your geometry is right, lash is a once a year deal on a street/strip type car. Funny I saw this thread today, as I just pulled a custom ground HR out of my daily. Who said they don’t like to bounce? Ding ding ding give that guy a cookie.
View attachment 1715996525
Ouch! Crap!

So now your gonna try and convince everyone that because Ma Mopar put a HR cam in the Demon they are great because society nowadays are too stupid for anything else....that's funny
Never said that either!!

So let’s hear about how your combo is making 840hp, with AC, power steering, power brakes and ABS and has the “Potential” of running 9.40’s at the hands of someone with your caliber of racing knowledge!

I’ll wait!!! :steering:

Well there is a problem......I would never have any of those things on any of my cars except some power.....sorry to dissapoint

No disappointment on my end at all!!!

To each his own, and this the reason we all have a Mopar, to make each car our own, not what we think someone else will want or like!

:thumbsup:

Just a little FYI, gen3 Hemis have eaten HR lifters & lobes, so have LS Chebbies, not even hotrod versions either so......

-
Back