Wife is pissed

-
My comments weren't pointed at you at all just at the statement. I just had a full blown go at it with my woman on this very subject. Funny how our women can spend time and $$ on themselves and the kids but when Dad wants a new paint job or whatever they give us crap. Funny I get the same crap and I'm the only one who has worked and knocked down the $$ since we've been married. I pay for everything and then some, kids n private school, college tuition to the tune of 160K in cash for the last 3 years. So if I want a car or a paint job by Gosh I'm gunna go get the **** and I'm not asking for permission!, ok Rant is over! :D

Best DAMN statement I've read in the last 10 years :twisted:
I'm so glad I don't nor will I EVER have to deal with that crap. If I want it I go buy, I never ask permission for anything.

i would run from that and never look back. you think she is pissed now. wait till you get married then she has a little bit of leverage.

Yeah no kidding. Things change once that wedding cake makes it into her mouth!!

You and I got a lot in common. I feed my wife's check book 5K per month and that $$ is not for bills , just food and whatever else she wants. I pay everything else outside of the 5K and I mean EVERYTHING, even the fuel she burns. I guess women just need something to ***** at? Haaaa

Will you marry me?? My wife says its okay.

Mine was in better humor today, she said whose paying for this, I said you are with the money I give you. We also just filed taxes and got a hugh return, Maybe will pave the driveway with that, another 20 year project that hasnt happened yet.

Garage got built, floor and drive way were poured at the same time. I'm not getting rocks in my garage.

Read the girl's post on her boyfriend's Jeep Forum, then look at the reply.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

The 1st responder is my new hero!
Gents, you were born with a pair. Please, please, please I beg you to remove them from your wife's (or girlfriend) purse, pocket, or where ever the hell she keeps them and reattach them to yourself! You will so much better with them back on and the decisions you can make again.

It's 2013 guys. If you haven't figured out how to become a trophy husband, you're doing it wrong. :)

I told my wife that she married me for who I am so please stop trying to turn me into a pussy whipped shadow of my former self. Seems to have worked so far, she knows when to back off.

Jack

Mine doesn't understand, but she leaves it with an eye roll. Lol. Just bought 3 guns, she rolled her eyes, laughed and walked away. She enjoyed it more when she learned the 22 was for her... she is actually interested in learning about cars. And my daughter picked color. Plum crazy purple.

Mad Dart you're my hero but I gotta do ya one better. One word... SINGLE!

If I want a toy I buy it. If I want another , ditto. I wanted to go out an play pool with the boys and drink beer last night - done. Play around the shop - my choice.

Once the thing between your legs stops over riding the thing between your ears, life gets mellow and easy.

If she don't like it, she don't have to ride in it! Simple as that. :glasses7:

You and I got a lot in common. I feed my wife's check book 5K per month and that $$ is not for bills , just food and whatever else she wants. I pay everything else outside of the 5K and I mean EVERYTHING, even the fuel she burns. I guess women just need something to ***** at? Haaaa
Jezus tap-dancing Christ!! I would KILL for $5k/mo! I barely take home $1k, and only about $600-800 after taxes and bills...

****, for $2,500/mo, you could hire your own Infantryman! (hint, hint, nudge, nudge?) :D

- CK

Im in a different situation. My wife is a stay at home mom. We just had our 4th child, our son. The other 3 are girls. The oldest hit puberty. I cant imagine how nutty it will be once a month when they all are going thru it. Thats when patrick and i will make for the shop and hide.

My wife is one in a million i must say. With four kids and only me working outside the home and putting in lots of hours its hard to save let alone put money toward projects. This is why i buy and sell parts to raise the capital for my project. I dont touch my regular paycheck for that, and my wife knows the envelope in the gunsafe marked cuda funds is the money i raised for it in that way.

She knows that asking for that money wouldent be fair to me since i obtained it frim different sources than my paycheck to fund my project.but if we have money left over at the end of the month after putting some in the savings we usually split it unless she needs something then i let her have it, or i need a car part and she agrees i can have it.

Bottom line is the lord says when you marry you become one flesh.my wife and i take this to include one with the money it belongs to "us" even tho i earned it, and she is a "domestic engineer". My wife feels bad for me that i cant spend the money i used to years ago because of family obligations. Yes my projects take longer to complete, but they get done.

My advice seek a marriage councellor if its really bad, because if your busting your *** and the bills r getting payed, and her and the kids r living well, then she should have no problem with you wanting to spend some money on your car projects.

Time and $$ are too different things.
ALL women are in need of both to be happy. In my case it is the time not the $$. Most women are an all consuming fire when it comes to time, the more they have of you the more they want. Just like a burning fire, it is looking for fuel and it will burn through anything you throw at it. Guys including myself are like hey I pay all this stuff, "$$", the family & kids aren't going without anything so don't give me any crap about the time I spend on my projects cause "I" deserve it is what we think.....That is my case anyway. And believe me I spend time with my family. We have been everywhere together to the tune of 4 to 6 "4" day long Boat trips per year to Lake Mead and at least 10 Sand Dune trips per year that last at least 3 days not to mention all the kids activities etc which I don't miss any of them ever.......and a bunch of Date nights too, dinner and a movie or whatever she wants to do. So as you can see the time we spend is NEVER enough just like the fire I was explaining. They just get ticked because that "Car or Activity is more important than them I guess!",

getting married this year. been together 3 1/2years. She was ok with the original idea of buying the car because i convinced her it would be practical( ya know in case one of our other cARS decided to break we could use the scamp). what i DIDN't tell her was that as soon as i can i'm gna tear it apart and drop a $6K motor in it....thats when she flipped...bought her a $3300 bed set. $4000 engagement ring. planning a $10k wedding. yet i'm still in the dog house...i don't understand it...but lemme tell ya the motor is being built..lol

i would run from that and never look back. you think she is pissed now. wait till you get married then she has a little bit of leverage.

Yeah no kidding. Things change once that wedding cake makes it into her mouth!!

The two comments to the top post are so true. I have a buddy that has the same problem and married her so now he can't even take a Chit without her permission. If he is visiting somewhere and she texts him she is headed home he about breaks his neck to get home so he doesn't have to take the b#tching out complete with the door slaming plus the stomping through the house. I always thought he was making it sound bigger than it was until one evening we were sitting in his yard visiting, she went off and I heard and saw it all. I told him he needs to stop thinking with the wrong head but he hasn't.

For my wife and I, it's not about needing permission... I make all the money, she is a stay at home mom by both our choice... She needs something for herself, or me for myself, we just say something to the effect of "Hey, I'm gonna get whatever it is"... It's a communication thing - keeps the shock factor and the arguements that can come with it out of the equation. Bigger purchases like paint jobs, whole cars, furniture, the camper - we plan and save for.

Time and $$ are too different things.
ALL women are in need of both to be happy. In my case it is the time not the $$. Most women are an all consuming fire when it comes to time, the more they have of you the more they want. Just like a burning fire, it is looking for fuel and it will burn through anything you throw at it. Guys including myself are like hey I pay all this stuff, "$$", the family & kids aren't going without anything so don't give me any crap about the time I spend on my projects cause "I" deserve it is what we think.....That is my case anyway. And believe me I spend time with my family. We have been everywhere together to the tune of 4 to 6 "4" day long Boat trips per year to Lake Mead and at least 10 Sand Dune trips per year that last at least 3 days not to mention all the kids activities etc which I don't miss any of them ever.......and a bunch of Date nights too, dinner and a movie or whatever she wants to do. So as you can see the time we spend is NEVER enough just like the fire I was explaining. They just get ticked because that "Car or Activity is more important than them I guess!",

You need to hire a hot pool guy.

I guess I'm lucky. Patty goes out to sea at least a few times a year for a month or two and sometimes 7+ so just about the time we are getting sick of each other we get a "reset".

You need to hire a hot pool guy.

I guess I'm lucky. Patty goes out to sea at least a few times a year for a month or two and sometimes 7+ so just about the time we are getting sick of each other we get a "reset".

The hot pool guy is me.......LOL I work out of the house so doing the pool is part of my morning routine.

Its all good. I truly have a good wife. She handles EVERYTHING at home and with the kids schedules so I can work and knock down the dough $$... there is absolutely no complaints in that department at all.

Lol. But if you get the guy to come over in the evenings when you're ready for your projects and have a chair and a box of wine by the window for her you might get an evening off once a week.

"Sir your pool is clean"
"Kid, I'm not paying you to clean it, I'm paying you to walk around it!"
poolboy.jpg

lol. But if you get the guy to come over in the evenings when you're ready for your projects and have a chair and a box of wine by the window for her you might get an evening off once a week.

"sir your pool is clean"
"kid, i'm not paying you to clean it, i'm paying you to walk around it!"
poolboy.jpg

lol.....

-
Back