Wife is pissed

-
My comments weren't pointed at you at all just at the statement. I just had a full blown go at it with my woman on this very subject. Funny how our women can spend time and $$ on themselves and the kids but when Dad wants a new paint job or whatever they give us crap. Funny I get the same crap and I'm the only one who has worked and knocked down the $$ since we've been married. I pay for everything and then some, kids n private school, college tuition to the tune of 160K in cash for the last 3 years. So if I want a car or a paint job by Gosh I'm gunna go get the **** and I'm not asking for permission!, ok Rant is over! :D

Wait until you have been married for 50 + years

Doc told me don't call him, CALL MORE WOMEN

Started cleaning the car for the coming car show, wife come out to the garage to help. If I'm out there she usually is too. Some times that is a PIA but a helping hand is good.

1st wife home from work sick, me laid off from Chrysler, got new engine for my sear garden tractor. She wanted me to come sit in the house with her, told her, YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME COME TO THE GARAGE!

I decided that was the last straw, she didn't like me being at buddies or mom & dads working on my stuff. Bought our own house with garage so I could work on my stuff at home, then she wanted me to sit in the house with her. Filed for divorce shortly after.

More women that is hilarious! I thought I was a hard *** damn man you kicked your ole lady to the curb over it. I don't believe we will ever get divorced, she loves me too much for any of that!! LOL, haaaaaa

sounds like some 1 missed valentines days too while he was gettnthose headers hooked up lamo

Well i'm single right now. The way i look at it is, this is how i am... i'm not gonna change... love it or leave it. There's always someone else.

I personally don't think it's always what the money is spent on, it's the time not spent with her. I'm starting to see this in my son and his girlfriend too.

In my case the other half is a chef and works early morning shifts to late afternoons and is knacked by the time she gets home so we spend a few hours together than i have the rest of the day to do what ever i please including weekends as her days off are different to mine.It has its pros and cons.

I have that problem sometimes too she will throw a tantrum about spending anything on the cars .she used to say i need this or i need that the car doesnt need that new part . I would respond with you have clothes make up food a roof over your head and the bills are paid at which point it would become a screaming match . I got smart I tell her im getting something she throws a tantrum i sit there and say nothing just look blankly at her . when shes done i get up calmly say im not arguing about i grab my keys put my shoes on and walk outside I stay there all day then at night i plug the camper in to the house and sit out there on the computer .
She comes out and then its ; are you coming in?
i shrug my shoulders ,
Her: honey please come in im sorry just please come inside I sleep better when your laying by me . Im sorry I shouldnt have gotten mad I know you love the cars and they do need work so will you please come inside now ?
Me: ok fine . let me put my things away .
No arguing from me and i get an apology all is well , I get laid that night and we are both happy the next day lol

I won't pretend to know how women think. I know it isn't the same way I think and that is enough. I have come up with a little mind game I play on her and I get what I want. Here is the story of how I got to build my blower engine with no arguements from the lady that can squeeze a dime out of a penny.

A couple of years ago we were sitting around the campfire. We were talking about building a second car, (not my true goal). I was asking her what she would like to have for a car and questions like that. Then came her big question. How much is it going to cost to build this car. I inflated the cost a little with the thought that she would want it to drive like a new car. She didn't like the cost very much as it was in the $20,000 range plus all my time. So things were silent for a couple of minutes, then I hit her with the blower engine idea. You see, she likes all the attention she gets when we are cruising around and a blower will increase that a lot. We tossed the idea around for a few minutes and then that question came again, HOW MUCH? I low balled it a little and told her 6 to 7 thousand. There was silence again for a few minutes. She broke the silence and said, "build the blower engine", it more within my price range. So, I got what I wanted in the first place and she figures she saved about $13,000 in costs.

A little psychology can go along ways in getting what you want with no arguements. LOL

Jack

Mine doesnt even mind eating next to auto parts on the kitchen table. I've come a long way.

Attachments

• jackie and auto parts.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 261
Mine never says anything and cares nothing about what I put into my car. It sounds different for you. All I have to say is if you think exhaust is expensive, wait until you see what a divorce costs!

Shut up works fine around here8-[ Seriously my wife knew what she was getting into when she married me. She knows what I do but doesn't really know specific costs and doesn't ask. She's one of the good ones.

My girlfriend of two years is helping me restore dad's Falcon right now, I know I'll never have problems out of her. She wants me to find another '70 so we can build his and hers Darts.

Mine was in better humor today, she said whose paying for this, I said you are with the money I give you. We also just filed taxes and got a hugh return, Maybe will pave the driveway with that, another 20 year project that hasnt happened yet.

My wife of 26 years, known her for 36, loves that I'm we have something fun that she can enjoy as well. Like others she def asks what something I suggest might cost but never balks...even if it's over budget. I ocean fished for years away from home on weekends and days off with our sons, also not a cheap sport if you like to fish for biggen's. Now that my fishing days are over and we're back into the mopar seen she loves that we're home, in the garage, at shows or cruises or even chasing parts. The money end is way cheaper than fishing and we have way more to show for it and way more fun together than we ever did. That being said, I never question her expenditures because I know shes very good with our money. She works too, has a great job and is a great saver.
A guy I once knew always said "All woman are half daffy". He's dead now, rest his soul, but I like to modify that quote by saying "They're all crazy to some extent, our job is to find one that's less crazy than the rest of them" and I found one that's way less crazy. At least that's what I tell my sons.
Still crazy after all these years.

Well got the car back today road checked great and sounds great, wife cooled down and paid the bill. How about that.

Well got the car back today road checked great and sounds great, wife cooled down and paid the bill. How about that.

Cool.
Today I showed my wife 2 cars that I was thinking about buying. I didn't tell her that though just yet. I said which one of these cars looks better? She said ummm the one on the left looks better. I said cool cause I just bought it for 10K and I'm wiring the $$ tomorrow. She said well you picked a good one cause the other one was ugly!! :D

Man I must have really scored with my wife. She encourages me to persue my hobby of building cars and never bitches when I go and spend a grand on misc. chit. Sounds like the majority of guys are constantly bitching about their wives saying how they spend their cash and ***** about the guys not spending enough time with them and the family. Probably should have hashed all of that out before tying the knot.

-
Back