Wife is pissed

-
These hotrod parts outfits should start including flowers with their shipments so we can start apologizing as soon as the boxes start arriving...

mine is pretty good. no complaints.. just remember
its easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission..

Was going to say the same thing.

I'm lucky, mine says, GO AHEAD AND GET IT, I'm the one that doesn't want to spend it. Want new chrome wheels for my DD before getting my new tires, her response, YOU HAVEN'T ORDER THEM YET?

But she got a new bedroom suite, and kitchen stuff this past weekend.

If you aren't taking food out of the babes mouth, then I see no problem with what we spend on our cars.

It's not the $$ in my situation. For most of us it's the time we spend away from them when the parts start arriving that pisses them off. The time we spend with them will NEVER be enough. It's like an all consuming fire, no matter what you feed it, it will always want more!

getting married this year. been together 3 1/2years. She was ok with the original idea of buying the car because i convinced her it would be practical( ya know in case one of our other cARS decided to break we could use the scamp). what i DIDN't tell her was that as soon as i can i'm gna tear it apart and drop a $6K motor in it....thats when she flipped...bought her a $3300 bed set. $4000 engagement ring. planning a $10k wedding. yet i'm still in the dog house...i don't understand it...but lemme tell ya the motor is being built..lol

Take care of the children (I am sure you are):happy1::cheers:
And what ever you do :-& do not use your new system you have completed on your car!!!! The exhaust must be changed and sized correctly :D
when you put new headers on........ don't want exhaust fumes to enter
the cab/passenger area...... That's my story and I am sticking to it :wink:
well it was worth a try :D

My wife and I have been together for 25 years, married 22 of them. She has always been cool with my toys, and I have been with her shopping sprees and spa weekends. It's give and take.

mine is pretty good... just remember
its easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission..

I'm about to get in trouble AGAIN!!!! Will have to beg for forgiveness!!!!:D

getting married this year. been together 3 1/2years. She was ok with the original idea of buying the car because i convinced her it would be practical( ya know in case one of our other cARS decided to break we could use the scamp). what i DIDN't tell her was that as soon as i can i'm gna tear it apart and drop a $6K motor in it....thats when she flipped...bought her a $3300 bed set. $4000 engagement ring. planning a $10k wedding. yet i'm still in the dog house...i don't understand it...but lemme tell ya the motor is being built..lol

i would run from that and never look back. you think she is pissed now. wait till you get married then she has a little bit of leverage.

Well that certainly explains your frustration.

But doesn't your scenario sort of ring true with the statement that you disagree with? You seem angry because she gets on you about buying car parts. Or painting a car or whatever.

So because she's not happy you aren't happy in that instance. Honestly if you think about it, it is a pretty true statement.

And I agree if you are providing everything then you should be able to get what you need if affordable, I don't see the problem.

My wife doesn't work either, when I get something she doesn't complain, often, lol, but I have just the opposite problem when she needs something I have to make her go get it, or get it for her.

Yes the statement is true. I just hate it is all. Women are very hard to figure out at least for me anyway. If I spend 80 hours working during the week I am cool as can be but spend 2 full days in the shop I custom built for the purpose of my hobby and I get a ration of bullshit. I'm just sick of the crap. Funny when we built the house she helped design the whole enchilada. Now that I actually use it she no likely. Crock of chit and that's exactly what I told her. That shop cost me almost 200k to build and I'm gunna use it when I have the time no matter what she says. So when a new car shows up, parts etc she knows that's a sign I'm gunna be in the shop away from her and she just don't like it. Been doing this my whole life, I'm not going to give it up now. I don't go to bars, drink at all, don't smoke or do drugs and I don't screw around on her either. If I'm not working I'm with her or the kids or both or messing with my hobby.

You and I got a lot in common. I feed my wife's check book 5K per month and that $$ is not for bills , just food and whatever else she wants. I pay everything else outside of the 5K and I mean EVERYTHING, even the fuel she burns. I guess women just need something to ***** at? Haaaa

Have you heard of sister wives? How about a "brother" wife? ok, just playin...

But seriously, no matter the amount of coin any of us pay or put into an account, if theres a roof on the house, food on the table, clothes on the kids and some fun money for the whole family, there shouldnt be a squeak from any of them.

I never expected this much on this thread, I agree with mad dog when they get the green lite it should come back green. Well forgiveness is easier than permission, so here we go again. At least I have nice headers, and will have exshaust for spring time.

i would run from that and never look back. you think she is pissed now. wait till you get married then she has a little bit of leverage.

She has some leverage now and generally she is fine with the money i spend on the cars i think right now its just stress from planning the wedding. Shes already been warned do not get in the way of my cars. As long as we arent being put in debt or can't pay our bills. Thats what makes me happy and she has to deal with it. Not to mention im making her sign a Pre nup. I have one too many toys...

I never expected this much on this thread, I agree with mad dog when they get the green lite it should come back green. Well forgiveness is easier than permission, so here we go again. At least I have nice headers, and will have exshaust for spring time.

As you can tell I have been married for 33 years and there is a fix to most anything :D Congratulations on your updates and modes you achieved on your car in the past :glasses7: sounds like you have it under control :D

Have you heard of sister wives? How about a "brother" wife? ok, just playin...

But seriously, no matter the amount of coin any of us pay or put into an account, if theres a roof on the house, food on the table, clothes on the kids and some fun money for the whole family, there shouldnt be a squeak from any of them.

True I agree. We only live once so we may as well enjoy life to the full with whatever trips our triggers!

The kids are growed up and the 67 is my baby that we o to shows and cruises in,good she likes that. She will get over it till the next time.

Need more information. :p

Did you need that money for something else?

Otherwise, I've always been of the opinion that (and this may not be a popular one, but...)your wife > your car. Maybe that's just me.

Also, maybe just give her a heads up if you didn't? My wife doesn't mind if I spend money on the car, but she doesn't like it to be a surprise lol, since she handles balancing the books.

Money not needed for anything else but it was a surprise. Spur of the moment instead of just hooking up old pipes to new headers I told them to run new exshaust all the way back and it better be a good job.

Just purchased an investment property due to the wife as she has been on my case for a while but i was trying to convince her on a Hemi Cuda instead, i thought i had her for a while as i just plant the seed and let it rest.**** next time! she occasionally asks questions about my spending on Charlotte but my response is hey we live ok, all the bills are paid,and i tell her if you want to get anything for your self get it its cool.

Lol. Well if it goes over 4 hours you're supposed to call your physician. At least that's what it say on the bottle.

Doc told me don't call him, CALL MORE WOMEN

Started cleaning the car for the coming car show, wife come out to the garage to help. If I'm out there she usually is too. Some times that is a PIA but a helping hand is good.

1st wife home from work sick, me laid off from Chrysler, got new engine for my sear garden tractor. She wanted me to come sit in the house with her, told her, YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME COME TO THE GARAGE!

I decided that was the last straw, she didn't like me being at buddies or mom & dads working on my stuff. Bought our own house with garage so I could work on my stuff at home, then she wanted me to sit in the house with her. Filed for divorce shortly after.

-
Back