will a 727 out of a cordoba fit in a dart?

-

rebelDart74

Reaction score
:banghead:Title says it all I'm wondering if a transmission out of a
76 Cordoba will work in my 74 Dart Sport for some reason I'm thinking a cordoba is a F body? and that the tail shaft is the same length as in a B body, maybe i got that mixed up maybe its E body, or is it, idk i cant remember, help! lol its my daily driver.

Short answer - yes

The Córdoba is a "B" body.

All 727s are the same length 4 inches longer than the 904. Which do you have in car now? either will bolt in ,just drive shaft length would be the issue. hope that helps.

bell housing and main case are the same in all 727 and different from 904s but the main shaft and tail housing are different lengths, just as with 4 speeds, E,B, A, they are different, motor home and 4 wheel drive are different from those.

All 727s are the same length

Well, no,not quite. "All" is a big, "forever" word

There ARE short shaft 727s found in motorhomes and some trucks. AND some of those have a (don't remember what it's called) torque multiplier or some such. THOSE are not going to fit. AND some / of those have a great big parking drum on the rear.

However, if they do have a "normal" looking tail and slip yoke type tail, "there is only one" length.

These are not what you want......

mZX_Ok3Em3wNs6-mML0vZIA.jpg

image011.jpg

7005.jpg

IMAGE062.jpg

I wonder why mopar car 727 trans are all the same lengths, and A833 4 speeds have a short a/f tail and a long b/e tail ?

Wondered the same thing LOL Don't know what the first year was for 727 in A body (340?) so that might explain it, as 4 speed was in 'em before that

Short drive shafts and soft rear springs and multi-duty, dont play nice together. Driveline vibrations can become an issue when the front to rear angles get too far out of whack.

Well, no,not quite. "All" is a big, "forever" word

There ARE short shaft 727s found in motorhomes and some trucks. AND some of those have a (don't remember what it's called) torque multiplier or some such. THOSE are not going to fit. AND some / of those have a great big parking drum on the rear.

However, if they do have a "normal" looking tail and slip yoke type tail, "there is only one" length.

These are not what you want......

mZX_Ok3Em3wNs6-mML0vZIA.jpg

image011.jpg

7005.jpg

IMAGE062.jpg

what is that black trans at the bottom... looks stout...

I assume the cordoba is a SB? because they were still avail with a 400B block...and the bellhousing on the big blocks is not the same as the SB.

it looks like a 400... intersting short shaft 727 where do you find such creatures... looks like a good one to use for a clutchflight?

bell housing and main case are the same in all 727 and different from 904s but the main shaft and tail housing are different lengths, just as with 4 speeds, E,B, A, they are different, motor home and 4 wheel drive are different from those.

Bellhousing/main cases are not all the same. The bellhousing bolt pattern is different for small block and big block 727's so they won't interchange. The 727 was also used behind the Cummins diesel in the earlier yrs and it has a different bolt pattern yet.

All car and 2wd light truck 727's from 1965 up use the same length output shaft and extension housing. Their not different lengths like 4 speed trans are

-
Back