Will Be Scarce For A Bit...

-
@RustyRatRod
If that was a Windows 7 laptop, save your license before you throw it out.

That can be handy and save you money to get another system up on it's feet. Or use for a backup system that you are familiar with as to how it works.

20220615_112958.jpg

Thanks y'all, but Kitty lost her balance and I caught her, lost my balance and my knee landed full force on the laptop. It is no more. The magic smoke even came out. Yall simply just do not understand. Social security is our only income. We have less than 300 dollars to the end of the month this time every month. We cannot afford anymore "extra" to sit on the shelf. I got it covered, it's just gonna be a few days. I'm humbly thanking you for your ideas, though. Dammit that took a long time to type on this phone. lol
I understand, I live on my Disability check and after bills, food and gas, well to say money is tight is an understatement and with the cost of everything going up I'll be living in a cardboard box soon, if I can afford that!

I feel real fortunate compared to where some of you guys and some of my friends are at. We have lived paycheck to paycheck most of our married life (40 years), but this year adding social security to my retirement and my wife's SS disability we finally have money leftover at the end of the month. We were used to getting paid monthly anyway so there was no adjustment to retirement, either. I'm working a little as well, but now with my gallbladder surgery I'll be off at least two weeks. We had nothing extra set aside for retirement, either. And, I had to retire at 58 to take care of my wife. I am, however, well suited for retirement. There's more fun to be had.

I did manage to set a little aside before the **** hit the fan but that's for extreme emergencies only, you know, rocket launchers and hand grenades! OH, and don't forget the Kitty food.

I will be Scarce for a bit. My only computer met a nasty demise tonight. This is on my phone and I hate it.
Rusty go to tigerdirect.com you'll find what you need there, great prices.
The largest computer distributor in the US.
Good luck

..............Consider running Linux..........

I use variously "Ubuntu" or "Mint" and with what is called "Mate" desktop.

Hey Rusty I don’t see this small issue holding you back on Facebook. Lol.
It's really not. I just have such huge hands, me and the phone ain't a good fit.

.. and yall I appreciate the computer offers, but I was just letting yall know what happened. I got it covered.

I understand, I live on my Disability check and after bills, food and gas, well to say money is tight is an understatement and with the cost of everything going up I'll be living in a cardboard box soon, if I can afford that!
What are you talking about, I live on my disability, my buddies say I’ve got it made!$$$

Chrome books are a cheaper alternative to laptops.
I actually have one. I love it, but it's crashed a couple of times and lost everything each time. That's where it is now, needing to be recovered, but I don't know anything about how to do it or why it keeps crashing. My friend Evan is a computer genius and has recovered it before, but he's slammed at work with no end in sight so I'm not bothering him with it.

When I read your post I immediately thought about a certain "pond" in a members back yard that gets objects when they piss him off!!

See you soon RRR

-
Back