will it fit?

-

donn hosford

Reaction score
new to mopar. just found 56 lancer w/volare front frame(360 with auto).doubt it willmake hp. I want. so-- will 440 and 727fit or will I have to blast? thanks for your thoughts

new to mopar. just found 56 lancer w/volare front frame(360 with auto).doubt it willmake hp. I want. so-- will 440 and 727fit or will I have to blast? thanks for your thoughts
What hp do you want? There's a lot of mean 360s out there.

I know of a 383 that was put in a ‘55, either a lancer or a coronet I can’t remember which but they’re the same anyway. The steering box was the primary issue, I believe they had to shift the engine a little to the passenger side. The 727 is no big deal at all. Not sure if you even have the stock steering column and box still though.

Schumacher creative services should have a swap kit for a big block into a small block K frame for that year.

After that, I have no clue on your set up of engine trans into the older body.

Look forward to pictures of the build.

Man I wish my guys would give the lowly 360 engine more credit before saying “stroke it” to every single post. The guy is looking for under 500 horsepower and that can be made with your eyes closed without “stroking it”

Man I wish my guys would give the lowly 360 engine more credit before saying “stroke it” to every single post. The guy is looking for under 500 horsepower and that can be made with your eyes closed without “stroking it”

Sure you can make that much with a stock stroke 360, but what is the plan for the car? If it’s a strip car that only gets used on the street on a weekend or two that’s fine. But if it’s a daily driver, or a cruiser, a lot of folks might not like the street manners that a 500 hp 360 will give them. That thing will be a beast.

That’s why strokers are so popular. Great power numbers with a less radical engine build, better street manners, great low end torque, etc.

-
Back