Will seats from a newer Challenger fit an A-body Barracuda?

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the seats in my Challenger. ...
I can pick some up pretty cheap. ..
Think they'd fit well?

Jeff

I love the seats in my Challenger. ...
I can pick some up pretty cheap. ..
Think they'd fit well?

Jeff

About anything will fit if you are able to make it.
I have BMW 325i seats in my Dart.
The 325i has a totally flat floor, and the Dart sooo doesn’t.:D

3D1B7A20-1460-4F7E-BC9E-560B3B6955A2.png

With enough work anything will fit. I had '76 motorhome seats installed in my dart but I decided I wanted headrests and a little adjustment from my seat so now I am working on making my own seat brackets to install some late '90s Honda prelude seats in. They will need more work to fit than the motorhome seats but I will make them fit

With enough work anything will fit. I had '76 motorhome seats installed in my dart but I decided I wanted headrests and a little adjustment from my seat so now I am working on making my own seat brackets to install some late '90s Honda prelude seats in. They will need more work to fit than the motorhome seats but I will make them fit

Would be interested in the weights of any seats u guys install !

Would be interested in the weights of any seats u guys install !
Ill try to get something for you, I can almost guarantee that both sets of buckets will weigh less than the original bench, and I can also imagine that the Honda seats will weigh more than the motorhome seats, they are considerably larger, have bolstering and support on all sides as well as being fully adjustable. I also expect the honda seats to be much more comfortable because the vinyl seats would cook my underside in the summer so I am excited to have cloth seats in the near future.

I had Pontiac Sunfire seats in a 73 Duster before. They looked right. Tan like the OE. Didn’t have a lot of headache making them fit either. They were very light.

I'm liking the idea of newer Challenger seats.....electric too!
Many of you might know I'm a machinist and full access to CNC lathes and mills. ...so if I gotta make anything to adapt them it's not a big deal.....
Kinda like this type of simple engineering stuff....!!!

Jeff

I'm liking the idea of newer Challenger seats.....electric too!
Many of you might know I'm a machinist and full access to CNC lathes and mills. ...so if I gotta make anything to adapt them it's not a big deal.....
Kinda like this type of simple engineering stuff....!!!

Jeff

R&D conversion brackets and make a kit!

Here's a set on Ebay. ....little pricey but it's kinda one of the most important parts of a car...especially when you like to drive but have a bad back!

s-l1600.jpg

Jeff

aId love to put some SRT seats in my Valiant.
There's been some interest in the brackets I'm going to make on a CNC mill to relocate the alternator to the driver's side so I can put my A/C where the alternator was....I never liked the A/C top dead center on the engine. ....
Some of the guys here said they would be interested in buying a set....

Jeff

There's been some interest in the brackets I'm going to make on a CNC mill to relocate the alternator to the driver's side so I can put my A/C where the alternator was....I never liked the A/C top dead center on the engine. ....
Some of the guys here said they would be interested in buying a set....

Jeff

On an LA?

Ill try to get something for you, I can almost guarantee that both sets of buckets will weigh less than the original bench, and I can also imagine that the Honda seats will weigh more than the motorhome seats, they are considerably larger, have bolstering and support on all sides as well as being fully adjustable. I also expect the honda seats to be much more comfortable because the vinyl seats would cook my underside in the summer so I am excited to have cloth seats in the near future.

Agree on the cloth, dont like all vinal , or leather for that reason !
IMG_0290 (3).JPG

Guys have put new Challenger seats in E-bodies which have a tilted floor, but there is almost no room under the steering wheel to get in and out because of the height of the seat bottom at the front. You either need a tilt wheel (band-aid) or most have cut and dropped the floor pan so you can get in and have some head room. Measure from the bottom of your seat tracks to the cushion at the front and back before you commit.

Guys have put new Challenger seats in E-bodies which have a tilted floor, but there is almost no room under the steering wheel to get in and out because of the height of the seat bottom at the front. You either need a tilt wheel (band-aid) or most have cut and dropped the floor pan so you can get in and have some head room. Measure from the bottom of your seat tracks to the cushion at the front and back before you commit.
Thanks....hadn't thought of that.....

Jeff

Here's a set on Ebay. ....little pricey but it's kinda one of the most important parts of a car...especially when you like to drive but have a bad back!
View attachment 1715746728
Jeff
Long time back was a B'cuda with Volvo seats in it at a cruise-in. Owner said "very comfortable". To me, oversized bolsters feel like I'm sitting in a bucket. So those seats you show don't look comfortable to me. If I was going to the effort of making some other seat fit, I would first go out and try a lot of different seats, just like buying a sofa or any chair.

Long time back was a B'cuda with Volvo seats in it at a cruise-in. Owner said "very comfortable". To me, oversized bolsters feel like I'm sitting in a bucket. So those seats you show don't look comfortable to me. If I was going to the effort of making some other seat fit, I would first go out and try a lot of different seats, just like buying a sofa or any chair.
Well, I happen to own a 2019 Challenger so I already know that the seat are comfortable to me....that was the reason I thought of this in the first place. ....
My concern now is are they too tall for the Barracuda. ....
Gotta take some measurements.
Luckily I have a 2019 Challenger and a 1968 Barracuda sitting side by side in my garage to take some measurements. ...

Jeff

-
Back