Will this bore clean up, magnum head content too.

-
ok, anyone know of an LA cam that has .461/.456 lift int/exh

edit: remeasured and i think this is more accurate. still not seeing many cams with more lift on the int vs. the exh...

Last edited:
ok, anyone know of an LA cam that has .464/.447 lift Int/Exh ???
that's a weird one. maybe i should measure a few more lobes. I measured off the lobes through the hole right above the cam.

I found an Elgin cam, 936PK that .444/.466 lifts but the Int and Exh are reversed to what I measured. I double checked the lobes i measured.

Are you 100% SURE you got the intake and exhaust lobes oriented right? I've made that mistake a few times myself. It's easy to do. I cannot think of a single flat tappet that's a reverse grind off the shelf. That would be very strange. Did you try another pair of lobes to duplicate it?

Are you 100% SURE you got the intake and exhaust lobes oriented right? I've made that mistake a few times myself. It's easy to do. I cannot think of a single flat tappet that's a reverse grind off the shelf. That would be very strange. Did you try another pair of lobes to duplicate it?

yeah i went and dbl checked. i think i got a more accurate measurement this time. still have more lift on the intake...
The cam has orange and pink paint dabs on the rear (still in the car).

Lobe lift:
.3075/.304
multiplying by 1.5 to get .461/.456

this time i measured cyl 3., for sure got the int and exh right this time.
I know there should be some taper on the cam but only .002 or something like that right?

yeah i went and dbl checked. i think i got a more accurate measurement this time. still have more lift on the intake...
The cam has orange and pink paint dabs on the rear (still in the car).

Lobe lift:
.3075/.304
multiplying by 1.5 to get .461/.456

this time i measured cyl 3., for sure got the int and exh right this time.
I know there should be some taper on the cam but only .002 or something like that right?

Yup, generally, .002"-.003" is what's used across the board, I believe.

OH!!! i got an exh lobe that was .309"
I think the cam is measuring all over coz it's worn a bit and measuring a bit different. My measurements were repeating though.

pistons are .006" below deck.

Time for another camshaft.

-
Back