window tint or no tint?

tinted or not?

• dark black tint

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • no tint

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
-
My '65 Dart has all the windows tinted (rear and rear sides 5%, front doors and wings 25%). It looks great, and should keep the interior nice and cool. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Dont like tint on old cars.......Looks out of place,and thats putting it nicely.

I'll try to remind myself tomorrow to photoshop you a few pictures, I think it'll look great with tink, it will balance the cars color alot.

Some I like, some I don't.
My 74 Duster is definately getting the tint done. I will have to think long and hard about the 66 Dart.

I'll try to remind myself tomorrow to photoshop you a few pictures, I think it'll look great with tink, it will balance the cars color alot.

do you know how to photo shop, i' do anything to see my car with tint and a rump strip like darts on quater? if you can help let me know if theres anything i can do, thank you

Depends on the car and what you like.

I tend to tint all our cars. Back in the early days I would go the darker the better. I remember even having a car that had a layer of limo on the inside and one on the outside! Crazy youth. That was on a Camaro that they used to sell a plastic pop in for the back window to tint it. Just sort of sprung in place. Car looked great! BUT at night forget about seeing anything. Rear lights off other cars were just dim spots.

I guess with age comes changes in taste. Now I like to use whatever the legal for front windows (is that what is called 35 percent??) all around the car. Whatever the lightest stuff is. I also tend not to go for the "smoke" colour, but rather I like using bronze tint. Like how it cuts the heat and glare, but makes everything look brighter if that makes any sense. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

Living in the sun belt can kill interiors, but more importantly to us now is the old skin cancer. My wife is very fair skinnned so tint beyond factory has always been a must for us.

One important point I thought I'd bring up is shop by reputation on the job and not price. Get somewhere that has been around a long while and has a good rep. Made the mistake of taking a car of ours to a place based on price. Bubbles everywhere. Okay, they hand you a paper saying that they will level off. Gave them the opportunity. Never did in some spots and when I took it back I got the biggest load of BS going. Came down to almost fists flying with me and the manager. I have to say that I'm the most even guy going so it takes a LOT to get me going that far. Crappy tint job still on the car and the business has renamed and moved. No suprise there.

Learned my lesson. If you are going to tint then look at length of in business, at that location, reputation, see thier work, do they do dealer cars (maybe does not mean a lot, but if the dealer has to take customer cars back due to tint it does not take them long to dump a tinter), quality of product, warranty, can they do the car or are they a template only shop (some places have a computer machine to cut tint for them and don't have older cars in the system and no experienced free hand cutters!!). Then when all said and done what is the price.

Off the soap box now and back to sleep.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers

do you know how to photo shop, i' do anything to see my car with tint and a rump strip like darts on quater? if you can help let me know if theres anything i can do, thank you

I know quite a few thingso on photoshop, used to spend lots of time on it, tinting is easy, and I'll try the stripe on the quarters too! im off to school now, got off work, Ill give it a shot tonite! ;)

Go with something close to factory. The factory tint is pretty dark, and has that cool greenish hue.My windows are factory tint, but they are rarely up. (can't be cool with the windows closed)

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Not a great job, if you send me a picture with less sun shine on the car it will look better and about the line, I wasnt sure what you wanted so I just threw in a simple, fast, straight line across the rear lol I can do a better job just did it fast to get it on here. On the front driver side picture I messed up the left glass tinting, that happened when I saved it to JPEG from the normal photoshop format. Notice the valiant word I placed on the front tire so that you can have a taste of how it would look if you did that to your tires with blacked out rallys, it would look awesome! (i believe.)

I would go for it! I know I will on my dart, helps the interior, helps when you dont really want to turn the ac or if you dont have an ac, it cools you down some what...and it looks nice.

:cheers:

vbpgimag2tint.jpg

vbpgimag2tint22.jpg

vbpgimagetint1.jpg

vbpgimagetint2.jpg

vbpgimagetinttint4.jpg

vbpgimagetinttint5.jpg

I'd say it depends mostly on the car. Leave it alone (or factory) if it's an original un-molested or restored collector vehicle. OTOH, if it's a resto-mod or other highly race-modified, (whatever) vehicle, do what you like.

They seem more sinister with the tint, wide tires and a nice loud low engine rumble from a healthy V8!

If your car was mine, and I lived in Canada,:cheers: I would say no tint, You live in a great place to see so much.
But here in Arkansas the sun can heat up the inside of your car
8 months out of the year , So I do my best to find a shade if I had
my own A bodie:-D, The babes can't see my dandy smile if the car is tinted.
and I wave at most of the folks here, So I say no tint if it was me!!

But it sure would look good and you are the man!! So go for it.:thumleft:

Not a great job, if you send me a picture with less sun shine on the car it will look better and about the line, I wasnt sure what you wanted so I just threw in a simple, fast, straight line across the rear lol I can do a better job just did it fast to get it on here. On the front driver side picture I messed up the left glass tinting, that happened when I saved it to JPEG from the normal photoshop format. Notice the valiant word I placed on the front tire so that you can have a taste of how it would look if you did that to your tires with blacked out rallys, it would look awesome! (i believe.)

I would go for it! I know I will on my dart, helps the interior, helps when you dont really want to turn the ac or if you dont have an ac, it cools you down some what...and it looks nice.

:cheers:

i cant thank you enough:notworth:, its looks great i can look past the little things and see the big picture now, iam definatley going to tint car after seeing it, as for the stripe i will just have one made up out of vinyl so if i ever want it gone i can just remove and buff it off, great job and thanks for you time, and i really like the blacked out rims, if i didn't love my centerlines so much i would get a black rally set. but for sure going with tint and maybe a stripe like the one you did but with 2 small pin stripes on either side like a rump dart stripe

i cant thank you enough:notworth:, its looks great i can look past the little things and see the big picture now, iam definatley going to tint car after seeing it, as for the stripe i will just have one made up out of vinyl so if i ever want it gone i can just remove and buff it off, great job and thanks for you time, and i really like the blacked out rims, if i didn't love my centerlines so much i would get a black rally set. but for sure going with tint and maybe a stripe like the one you did but with 2 small pin stripes on either side like a rump dart stripe

Hehe glad it helped! Your wheels look great as they are, the black just would give it a lil more balanced look. The triple line stripe would look great! itll give it some good black in the rear to compliment the front hood.

ya, i really like the look of the tint on that car. and i love the rear stripe. i want one for my dart... lol. i'm pretty jealous! it'll look good. :glasses7:

That tint does make the car look sinister in the photoshop pics! Very cool. If my Duster was a darker color I would do a tint also (light though).

Anything darker than 20 percent is illegal in Oklahoma, and will get you ticketed real quick. Just like the huge blingy wheels (I hate those things), it looks like crap on any older car except a wild custom.

here in ontario, canada you can have rear glass and back doors 5% but minumum 20 and front door glass, i think anyways if i still remember, i'll go medium dark to stay safe

tint comes in lots of shades and tints. look through a bunch and find one that works best with your style and paint.

-
Back