Windshield Replacement

-

Plyscamp

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get replacement windshields?? For a '73 Scamp

Check to see if you have a Safelite glass dealer in your area. They carry the Duster/Demon windshield, maybe they have the one for the Swinger/Scamp. The price was competitive IMHO.

Aren't they the same windshield? Mine was listed for Barracuda, Valiant, Dart, etc.

Safelite did mine and even had the gasket (although I had already bought one off ebay). I had to kinda educate the guy on how to install and to use my 3M bedding compound instead of their sealer. Worked out really well and looks great!

windshield1.jpg

windshield2.jpg

Safelite did mine on my 67 barracuda cost me a 50 deductable they even paid for stainless and the 68 upgrade.

Aren't they the same windshield? Mine was listed for Barracuda, Valiant, Dart, etc.

Not the same, at least as far as the 70 and up A-bodies are concerned. The Duster/Demon/Dart Sport have more rounded upper corners. The 4-door windshield is about an inch taller than the Swinger/Scamp. I went around on this one when I replaced the windshield in my 73 Dart Custom.

Just got an online quote for a '71 Duster for $294 + taxes and/or mobile fees. the glass alone is $230. I figure about $350 total. Not bad when you consider the lifetime warranty.

I called my local Safelite and they told me the "car is too old" and they can't get a windshield for it.
Hmmmmmmm.
So someone here on FABO posted a link to this place, and not only do they have the glass, but you can either pick it up & install it yourself, or have them install it for you.
Just plug in your car's info, and your location.........

http://www.windshieldstogo.com/index.php

Wait till you see the prices!

My last Dart windshield cost me almost $350 and I had to install it myself.

Good Luck!

George

-
Back