windshield trim help

-

hughesboysvaliant

Reaction score
I have a 67 valiant 200 2 door post and Im having a terrible time finding anthing for my front and rear windshield. The front windshield is milked up and all the chrome window gasket bead has fadded, the rear glass is in good shape but the chrome bead strip is bad. I would be happy with a new front windshield and chrome bead locking strip but as a one year only option its impossible to find. Im willing to change up to a 68 or 69 valiant window gasket and stainless steel trim to go around the front and rear window. I can find the gaskets, I can find the trim little brackets and screw kits, but I cant find the front and rear window trim any where. I am getting ready to put this car in the body shop for paint and body work, Im afraid once the windows are removed the old gaskets will rip or just be bad and I need to find somthing to replace them with, can any one help me.

thanks Ill give them a look. Does any one know if a Dart windshield would work, or what trim and glass would cross over. I found that a 1970 Dusters front and rear bumpers are the same as my little Valiant saved me alot of time and money on having mine rechromed. Piced up 2 from AMD metals for half the price of the chrome shop. And AMD was happy to find out that they would cross over, they going to update their site to show this.

2 door post model uses the same glass and trim as any 4 door a-body 67 through 76 except demon/duster/dart sport. Those have rounded corners. All other no post models are 2 inches shorter than yours.
I have a used gasket and trim from a 73 Valiant that would fit the front.
I dont know if the rear glass is the same.

Thanks redfish for the info. Im interested in the front trim. I dont think the rear is the same I think it change in 70. If you have any pics and a price for it you can email me at [email protected] . Im going to look at a junk yard later next week, but if I strike out I may shoot you a line about yours.

just went through this with my 67 2 door sedan. there are no windshield gaskets available for the 67. they are a one year only piece. I changed to the 68 that you have to use the trim pieces. I was told only 68 trim will work? I found some and they are out here just place an add in the wanted section. not real sure about the glass. good luck with it, I'll be posting some pics of mine soon.will be installing the headliner and interior.

-
Back