Winter time model building thread.

-
Here is another.

nascar-downforce-1.jpg

Hey homecloned, thanks for those pics! Hoping to see some model pics too. The problem is with the model, getting the body and nose low enough, while still having room for the engine. It is getting frustrating. Without the proper "Stance" the whole thing just wont be right. I started a Johan petty superbird a while back, but the chassis was too simplified for a nice build, and I couldnt find a suitable chassis to use. On the daytona, I am using a polar lights petty charger chassis, but I am still not sure its gonna work. LOL

Hey homecloned, thanks for those pics! Hoping to see some model pics too. The problem is with the model, getting the body and nose low enough, while still having room for the engine. It is getting frustrating. Without the proper "Stance" the whole thing just wont be right. I started a Johan petty superbird a while back, but the chassis was too simplified for a nice build, and I couldnt find a suitable chassis to use. On the daytona, I am using a polar lights petty charger chassis, but I am still not sure its gonna work. LOL

I am building the Revell Pro Modeler 69 Daytona. It can be built stock or NASCAR. I am building it stock but it looks like it would be a great NASCAR build as well.

I am building the Revell Pro Modeler 69 Daytona. It can be built stock or NASCAR. I am building it stock but it looks like it would be a great NASCAR build as well.
Ha, thats funny, thats exactly the one I am using! I was disatisfied with the chassis/interior tub in the kit though. It would be fine for a stock build, but not even close for a nascar stocker. The whole problem is I am to hung up on getting it exactly right! If I would just build out of the box, it would be a ton easier!!!

I love Gremlins!!! I've always wanted to get a Gremlin to drive also I've been watching for a model kit of one but no luck. I know Lindburg has a kit but it's 1/20 scale and doesn't look properly perportioned so I'm still looking..
The Gremlin kit is an old AMT model. I built it years ago.

This diorama is in 1/20 scale. It was inspired by an old bomber my father owned. The Honda is an old Entex kit and the figures were Tamiya pit crew figures. The call box is scratch built.

100_1573.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1575.jpg

Here is the coolest/funniest model box ever!!!:toothy10: Read the box in the second picture.

Picture 097.jpg

Picture 098.jpg

Here's a different build! It's a '53 Ford w/4.6L Cobra engine, late model GM dash and seat, full "emissions legal" dual exhaust. For all my fellow Mopar fans if you look close it has a Volare style front suspension (transverse torsion bars) Viper wheels and A-body exhaust tips.=P~

HPIM5325.jpg

HPIM5326.jpg

HPIM5327.jpg

love that ford street rod pick up,,,very kool using a volare front suspension like a street rodder would,,did you combine kits???

landy cars,very nice looks better then my landy diecast,,,,QUESTION,,, did you paint or use chrome tape for the window anf rain gutter trim ?? very nice

i can only hope my project builing a model of my real car comes ouyt half as nice as both of these

love that ford street rod pick up,,,very kool using a volare front suspension like a street rodder would,,did you combine kits???

landy cars,very nice looks better then my landy diecast,,,,QUESTION,,, did you paint or use chrome tape for the window anf rain gutter trim ?? very nice

i can only hope my project builing a model of my real car comes ouyt half as nice as both of these
Thanks, I used a product called Bare Metal Foil.It is a very thin sheet of chrome foil. A good hobby shop should carry it.

Here's one my father built for me about ten years ago. It is a paper model. This is not a easy, pop the paper off the sheet and stick the tabs in the slot paper model. Every piece had to be cut off the paper sheets and glued together. You also had to bend all the shapes and contours. It took him quite a long time for him to build it. It is very detailed!

Picture 083.jpg

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Here's one my father built for me about ten years ago. It is a paper model. This is not a easy, pop the paper off the sheet and stick the tabs in the slot paper model. Every piece had to be cut off the paper sheets and glued together. You also had to bend all the shapes and contours. It took him quite a long time for him to build it. It is very detailed!
All I can say is WOW!!! That is amazing and the detail is awesome as well!!:cheers:

Thanks, I actually combined parts from 4 different kits as the truck only came in stock form. The front suspension was built using a 69 Road Runner K frame stripped of the original T-bars and replaced with scratch built Volare style T-bars

All I can say is WOW!!! That is amazing and the detail is awesome as well!!:cheers:
I'll tell my dad you paid a compliment on his model. I remember when he was building the model how complex it was. It has a separate chassis, the leaf springs were all separate leaves, and you had to make the shackles.

Here's a different build! It's a '53 Ford w/4.6L Cobra engine, late model GM dash and seat, full "emissions legal" dual exhaust. For all my fellow Mopar fans if you look close it has a Volare style front suspension (transverse torsion bars) Viper wheels and A-body exhaust tips.=P~[/quote That transverse torsion bar set up came out nice! I didn't realize you scratch built most of it.

-
Back