Winter time model building thread.

-
Hemizach, that looks like a cool project. Is it goining to be a v8 or a built up 2.2?

Hemizach, that looks like a cool project. Is it goining to be a v8 or a built up 2.2?

V8... not sure what though. I have a hemi or a 383 that I can use. I want to try and make "fabbed" valve covers for the 383 and build it to look like a race engine but we'll see. If not then hemi it is... this is my first "scratchbuilding" project so it's going to be a nightmare. haha.

I am going to build a slant 6 rail job too! :-D

That's some great work. That take's some real skill!!!
I'm doing it all on a lathe as I don't have a milling machine.....wished I did......:(.
I'm now making a "tool post grinder" so I can grind the crank-pin to size.

V8... not sure what though. I have a hemi or a 383 that I can use. I want to try and make "fabbed" valve covers for the 383 and build it to look like a race engine but we'll see. If not then hemi it is... this is my first "scratchbuilding" project so it's going to be a nightmare. haha.

I am going to build a slant 6 rail job too! :-D

How about doing a twin-engine /6 rail? That would be kind of trick.
Or even better, how about a twin-engine /6 takeoff on Tommy Ivo's 4-engine dragster? With one slant powering the rear slicks and one slant powering the front slicks? The engines would 'lean' in different directions. That ought to challenge your scratchbuilding talents a bit.

These are my "dream" builds for my 68 GT
Never could find a Dart Hemi model, so I butchered a Mr. Norm kit :-D

I got a few work in progress builds. Hopefully they will be finished up by winter.
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

here is my build photos of my new hydro SI 3 air boat
I will have three different motor combos to use motor plate is bolted to uprights.
#1 Fox .25 or OS.25
#2 Super Tiger .34
#3 ASP .46
guy in NC has one with OS .46ax running 55+MPH

Finally getting some things done on my L-body Charger. Got a lot done to the engine lately. The pic of the body is just showing the slicks and the wheels I bought.

But the Oil pan, valve covers, and intake manifold are all completely scratch built. The covers are 6 pieces each, the oil pan was something like 8-10, and the intake was 15+... and that's a low estimate. This is the first time I have really tried any scratch building. It's fun but time consuming.

20101102213638.jpg

20101103212825.jpg

WOOOW if thats your first scratch build,,im super impressed,,, motor looks killer,,,love the stance of the omni charger

They're finally on the market...Lindberg #72170 in 1/25 scale. Time to hit up your favorite hobby shop or internet hobby source.
Got mine yesterday.

Attachments

• ehobbies-com_2129_3509404214.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 332
question,,,,im just settting up to do a scale model of my real 66, ive collected several kits to get the parts ill need to make it as close to my real 66 as possible,,,ill be ordering a resin hood ,and thinking a few motor parts from a guy that makes real looking race engine parts i found,,,dizzy with wires , realistic carbs, and blower belts,

*****what kind of glue is out there these days that lasts ??? doesnt dry out and fall apart its been 20 plus years sinice i built a kit,,,pics of what im starting with soon

question,,,,im just settting up to do a scale model of my real 66, ive collected several kits to get the parts ill need to make it as close to my real 66 as possible,,,ill be ordering a resin hood ,and thinking a few motor parts from a guy that makes real looking race engine parts i found,,,dizzy with wires , realistic carbs, and blower belts,

*****what kind of glue is out there these days that lasts ??? doesnt dry out and fall apart its been 20 plus years sinice i built a kit,,,pics of what im starting with soon

Not sure if it last 20 years but it's real easy to use without alot of extra going where you don't need it.
Testors Model Master

Attachments

• DSC00001 (Custom).JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 267
thanks for the replys,,ill look at both types, the closest hobbby shop is in the city,,and the only hobby shop in my area now,,getting a list together hoping to make one trip for starters,,,

here are a few pics of some of the kits im starting with

Attachments

• 66 plastic fish 001.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 257
  • 66 plastic fish 002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 66 plastic fish 003.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 259
-
Back