• SAM_3390.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 333
  • SAM_3389.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 334
  • SAM_3387.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 350
  • SAM_3386.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 355
The blacked out areas in the forward 3 areas will be windows with the huge black out being open air

The cabinet doors & drawers will be made with diamond tread plate

I'll be using a Racers Wedge/Camper kit for sink & RV fixtures

Attachments

• SAM_3458.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 339
Well guys,
I thought, I have been lingering around a bit and doing some talk of modeling over these long winter months, I guess, I ought to post some of my work? Yeah, lets do that!So, to give a few here an idea, I've always enjoyed model building, and in that, my Step Mom, got my Dad a model of his current "project" car, which happens to be a 1939 Chebby Business coupe. (NO I'm not much for these but....) I am good at building models, which she knew....He doesn't know that the pictures hes been sending me, are being used in this way!The actual model, and real car.....The model came with a 427 Big Block Chevy, this had to be replaced as the real car, that my Dad has, came to him with a 307 Small block Chevy, thats been built. Cam'd and a few other mild things as the owner before my Dad knew they were known to have soft Cams in them, so.....The model isn't done, but awaits the body and interior at this point, among a bit of super detail work. But, to date, heres that frame:

39ChevyCoupe000.jpg

As you'll see the motor is "underslung" just as the real one is, My Dad tells me that the top of his air cleaner is around one foot from the underside of the hood in its LOWEST place, Not sure how close I got to this, BUT the radiator looks as tho I've gotten the motor a bit underslung in the frame rails!

39ChevyCoupe001.jpg

Then the underside of the model. My Dad again, told me of the "Cherry Bombs" he added to the exhaust so......I also went through and painted the fuel tank as tho it had the glossy Epoxy type gas tank protectant on it he told me he had done.....

39ChevyCoupe003.jpg

This was it for a bit on this model, so while it was setting drying, I began to work on some others....I had an old AMT Ertl, model 70 Dodge Super Bee, thats now under the MPC "Dirty Donnies" listing, as a Pro-Stock model, found the old A925 Doomsday Hemi, heads and even a spare block! SO, to make it even more impressive, I added a bit of my own touch:

65A100Doomzday000.jpg

65A100Doomzday001.jpg

AND Ma Mopar thought the factory A925 was bad ***...........I don't even know if that would handle what I've dumped onto the top end of it but.....Sure looks good, and will look even better in what I have planned for it. I got 2 of the "Little Red Wagon" 1965 A100 models, and one will become Bill Goldens model, the other....I was unsure of it, SO, because I'm me and have a LOVE for big bad-*** motors, and the looks of this old A100, and to give Gravedigger a run for its money, I'm building "DoomzDay" the 1965 A100 made into a 8 wheeled (dual wheels on all 4 corners) monster truck, to be powered by the above Doomsday Hemi!!!!!! Sure, I got a lot of work to go, but its damn fun to see what I can create! As for creating, YES, those rear blower belts, are hand made in my shop! I got another set to make for the front pulleys that will come off the Balancer, and to the blower drive with a tensioner pulley added in as well......(I had to re-think the first set up as I was going to put 2 distributors and 2 plugs per cylinder on this one, but there simply isn't enough space to add all the wires!)Then to take a short break from the motor while I was thinking over the plug wire issue, I picked up a really old model I have had for a LONG time. A Die-Cast model at that! It was bought, about 15 years ago, from a yard sale I had gone too, for I think it might have been a buck or 2, (wasn't much I know that forsure) BUT what it was, is a old 1969 Dodge Charger, "General Lee" how do I know? It was orange with some of the "01" left on the doors but was otherwise pretty scratched up.....Almost paintless! SO, being die-Cast it got a soak in pure Acetone, to remove EVERYTHING off the die-cast body.....Then it got lightly wet sanded and primered. That was then, it had sit ever since till just recently. I got it out, and began looking to see what all it needed.

69DodgeCharger000.jpg

69DodgeCharger003.jpg

Well as alot here knows, the Chargers specially the 69's were always modeled with a Hemi under the hood, and because of this, I overruled what I would have done, originally.....seen in the pictures is a 426 Max-Wedge. I don't think they EVER offered the 69 Charger with such a power plant BUT, its going to look good when I'm done! And lets face it.....different!!!!!

69DodgeCharger002.jpg

Notice that the frame has been remodeled to except the new 1:25th scale motor! This car, did NOT have suspension, nor any clear view from above the model to the table (ground) underneath it. I had to carve all that out sparing the details for the torsion bars, and what little details are there from the factory frame, and also to allow the new motor to sit in place.Then to get the body and hood ready for a "color" coat of paint. Now this is where it gets crazy on my part. I have always LOVED the Plum Crazy Purple paint. regardless of Mopar car... BUT again I got a few ideas for that color, already and I didn't wantto over do the purple so... I went out on a limb and got another "High Impact" Mopar color......... Panther Pink......With a white roof, and a white deck stripe and white "blocks" on the hood, with "426" written in them in black or dark graphite color, I think will look AWESOME.. I mentioned "Graphite" for a reason, as you'll all see.....

69DodgeCharger007.jpg

Now that you see the first "color" coat of paint it will be wet sanded and fine tuned to smooth out that die-cast a bit, Thats NOT "Orange Peel" by any means its the texture of the metal believe it or not!Then remember me mentioning "graphite"? WELL, this is the reason, the chrome. On this model was total ****.... I am not a fan of painting chrome parts to match the body, OR at all, (I like chrome) BUT something needed done! Black chrome, I thought....you know? WELL, how would that look on the Panther Pink body? Not bad, BUT I can't use ANY type of "Black" ANYWHERE on the outside of the model because of this, it would not look right if I did!

69DodgeCharger008.jpg

69DodgeCharger009.jpg

Even the wheels, I had issue with. the wheels were really shot, almost to the point that the rims were worn. no chrome left on them, OR the honey comb look was worn into the plastic..... so, I pulled them, took and kept the tires and tossed the rims, and added my own rims....Blackened chrome none-the-less, with a Panther Pink brack drums in behind..... and "posed" it all looks pretty good!Here are those rims:

69DodgeCharger010.jpg

Then I had that "stock car" type interior to deal with... so off to my parts bin I go. what did I have to make a "back seat" from? I find an interior to something, not sure what it looks to have gone to a 1967 Pontiac GTO, I could be wrong but.....I think it is, However cut apart and added to the factory AMT Ertl interior, looks pretty good, I got some painting to do, BUT this interior will be in fact white to go with all the other white trim it will get.....

69DodgeCharger006.jpg

69DodgeCharger004.jpg

69DodgeCharger005.jpg

Stay tuned.......more to come!

Just finished this one not a Mopar but fun to build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 298
The small block with a tunnel ram I'll try and dig up some pics of the rest of the build.

Well guys,
I thought, I have been lingering around a bit and doing some talk of modeling over these long winter months, I guess, I ought to post some of my work? Yeah, lets do that!So, to give a few here an idea, I've always enjoyed model building, and in that, my Step Mom, got my Dad a model of his current "project" car, which happens to be a 1939 Chebby Business coupe. (NO I'm not much for these but....) I am good at building models, which she knew....He doesn't know that the pictures hes been sending me, are being used in this way!The actual model, and real car.....The model came with a 427 Big Block Chevy, this had to be replaced as the real car, that my Dad has, came to him with a 307 Small block Chevy, thats been built. Cam'd and a few other mild things as the owner before my Dad knew they were known to have soft Cams in them, so.....The model isn't done, but awaits the body and interior at this point, among a bit of super detail work. But, to date, heres that frame:

39ChevyCoupe000.jpg

As you'll see the motor is "underslung" just as the real one is, My Dad tells me that the top of his air cleaner is around one foot from the underside of the hood in its LOWEST place, Not sure how close I got to this, BUT the radiator looks as tho I've gotten the motor a bit underslung in the frame rails!

39ChevyCoupe001.jpg

Then the underside of the model. My Dad again, told me of the "Cherry Bombs" he added to the exhaust so......I also went through and painted the fuel tank as tho it had the glossy Epoxy type gas tank protectant on it he told me he had done.....

39ChevyCoupe002.jpg

This was it for a bit on this model, so while it was setting drying, I began to work on some others....I had an old AMT Ertl, model 70 Dodge Super Bee, thats now under the MPC "Dirty Donnies" listing, as a Pro-Stock model, found the old A925 Doomsday Hemi, heads and even a spare block! SO, to make it even more impressive, I added a bit of my own touch:

65A100Doomzday000.jpg

65A100Doomzday001.jpg

AND Ma Mopar thought the factory A925 was bad ***...........I don't even know if that would handle what I've dumped onto the top end of it but.....Sure looks good, and will look even better in what I have planned for it. I got 2 of the "Little Red Wagon" 1965 A100 models, and one will become Bill Goldens model, the other....I was unsure of it, SO, because I'm me and have a LOVE for big bad-*** motors, and the looks of this old A100, and to give Gravedigger a run for its money, I'm building "DoomzDay" the 1965 A100 made into a 8 wheeled (dual wheels on all 4 corners) monster truck, to be powered by the above Doomsday Hemi!!!!!! Sure, I got a lot of work to go, but its damn fun to see what I can create! As for creating, YES, those rear blower belts, are hand made in my shop! I got another set to make for the front pulleys that will come off the Balancer, and to the blower drive with a tensioner pulley added in as well......(I had to re-think the first set up as I was going to put 2 distributors and 2 plugs per cylinder on this one, but there simply isn't enough space to add all the wires!)Then to take a short break from the motor while I was thinking over the plug wire issue, I picked up a really old model I have had for a LONG time. A Die-Cast model at that! It was bought, about 15 years ago, from a yard sale I had gone too, for I think it might have been a buck or 2, (wasn't much I know that forsure) BUT what it was, is a old 1969 Dodge Charger, "General Lee" how do I know? It was orange with some of the "01" left on the doors but was otherwise pretty scratched up.....Almost paintless! SO, being die-Cast it got a soak in pure Acetone, to remove EVERYTHING off the die-cast body.....Then it got lightly wet sanded and primered. That was then, it had sit ever since till just recently. I got it out, and began looking to see what all it needed.

69DodgeCharger001.jpg

69DodgeCharger002.jpg

Well as alot here knows, the Chargers specially the 69's were always modeled with a Hemi under the hood, and because of this, I overruled what I would have done, originally.....seen in the pictures is a 426 Max-Wedge. I don't think they EVER offered the 69 Charger with such a power plant BUT, its going to look good when I'm done! And lets face it.....different!!!!!

69DodgeCharger003.jpg

Notice that the frame has been remodeled to except the new 1:25th scale motor! This car, did NOT have suspension, nor any clear view from above the model to the table (ground) underneath it. I had to carve all that out sparing the details for the torsion bars, and what little details are there from the factory frame, and also to allow the new motor to sit in place.Then to get the body and hood ready for a "color" coat of paint. Now this is where it gets crazy on my part. I have always LOVED the Plum Crazy Purple paint. regardless of Mopar car... BUT again I got a few ideas for that color, already and I didn't wantto over do the purple so... I went out on a limb and got another "High Impact" Mopar color......... Panther Pink......With a white roof, and a white deck stripe and white "blocks" on the hood, with "426" written in them in black or dark graphite color, I think will look AWESOME.. I mentioned "Graphite" for a reason, as you'll all see.....

69DodgeCharger007.jpg

Now that you see the first "color" coat of paint it will be wet sanded and fine tuned to smooth out that die-cast a bit, Thats NOT "Orange Peel" by any means its the texture of the metal believe it or not!Then remember me mentioning "graphite"? WELL, this is the reason, the chrome. On this model was total ****.... I am not a fan of painting chrome parts to match the body, OR at all, (I like chrome) BUT something needed done! Black chrome, I thought....you know? WELL, how would that look on the Panther Pink body? Not bad, BUT I can't use ANY type of "Black" ANYWHERE on the outside of the model because of this, it would not look right if I did!

69DodgeCharger009.jpg

Even the wheels, I had issue with. the wheels were really shot, almost to the point that the rims were worn. no chrome left on them, OR the honey comb look was worn into the plastic..... so, I pulled them, took and kept the tires and tossed the rims, and added my own rims....Blackened chrome none-the-less, with a Panther Pink brack drums in behind..... and "posed" it all looks pretty good!Here are those rims:

69DodgeCharger010.jpg

Then I had that "stock car" type interior to deal with... so off to my parts bin I go. What did I have to make a "back seat" from? I find an interior to something, not sure what it looks to have gone to a 1967 Pontiac GTO, I could be wrong but.....I think it is, However cut apart and added to the factory AMT Ertl interior, looks pretty good, I got some painting to do, BUT this interior will be in fact white to go with all the other white trim it will get.....

69DodgeCharger004.jpg

69DodgeCharger006.jpg

Stay tuned.......more to come!

I did a "quote" as I had to organize the pictures of all the models I got in-progress..... MORE to come!

This is one I built for a friend over the winter! It's an exact replica of his full size Challenger. I used the spray color match from Chrysler in the Green with Envy paint code for the correct color.

Attachments

• DSCF0711.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 016.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 207
I did this one over the winter as well! It's a V-8 swap into a Focus, I filled the quarter windows for a "panel" look and painted it Matte Yellow just for something different. The engine is a 5.8L from an early Lightning F150 pick up.

Attachments

• 100_3443.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_3450.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_3446.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 206
Another winter build! I did this as a replica of my Great Uncle's tow truck that he was using in the early to mid 40's. The boom is completely scratch built and is fully functional, the hood, doors & tailgate all open as well. I printed custom decals for the doors with the Family name used on my Fathers shop & my Great Uncles shop many years ago. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 009.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 008.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 234
This is one I built for a friend over the winter! It's an exact replica of his full size Challenger. I used the spray color match from Chrysler in the Green with Envy paint code for the correct color.

Got any of the Challenger "RT" decals left over? I'm looking to replace the "TA" ones I have!

-
Back