The Hauler & the first of three Super Stock Darts

SAM_0489_zps2f32aab0.jpg

SAM_0475_zpsabc2a2a3.jpg

Here's the first Dart started

photo6_zps78eabd8c.jpg

Mini Tubbing #2

photo8_zps338ffb64.jpg

photo4_zps65b24c09.jpg

The last pic is the #1 built chassis in the center the one on the left what I started with for #2

Car #3 came along after I figured out out of 5 kits that I had enough for a third car that will be 440/727 this pic comes after a painting & assembling session with more coming

photo2_zpsaddb4e69.jpg

Here's one of the 3 Super Stock Plymouths there will be two Hemi Cudas & a A12 Road Runner The hauler is like the Dodge team's only the sleeper design will change

photo10_zps461568b4.jpg

SAM_3392_zps9e029a25.jpg

I'd love to just get my hands on a cab, interior, and bed and maybe a frame the rest I can build/have parts for already...... I don't have any Dodge pick ups. at least a 78 or so.....(I owned one, that had a step side bed) I lost it in a wreck.....Insurance would not sell it back to me!

NICE collection Addict, you make me SICK :p its all good tho, models are fun...they seem to keep me out of trouble, for the most part.

Thanks Guys! The Dodge pickup models are all bringing big $$$ except for the LRE models

I have a small fortune in the all the trucks that I have

I'd simply LOVE to find a LRE to build! not just to the actual LRE but to have it would mean I got a Dodge Truck model, that's either a 1978 or 1979.......

Sadly, I lost a fortune in those alone about 6 years ago. my home place burned to the ground with EVERY single model but 2 I had......Mostly all Mopar models too. I know there atleast 10 Super Bee's, in them, 1969 models as well as 70 models of the Super Bee..... This was back when you could get LRE trucks for around 6 bucks a pop. I bet I had 16 or 17 of them at one time! HELL I even had an old straight bed unit too!

My 3000+ 32 year collection burnt in a fire 10 years ago by a crazy woman Stalker

Biznitch burnt a 36 year collection of of automobile magazines that covered over 35 different Mags
Most consecutive issues for 30 years or more Hot Rod & Car Craft from the beginning to November 2003

DA,
I feel your pain, and I'm sorry for the loss. My loss from the same manner, was about a year after my Mom passed, (The fire, was sort of a blessing) BUT to this day, no one knows what happen. I'm 700 miles away, And I had the electric turned off (first thing) after her funeral.....We think, that someone got mad, (my younger brother) and he did it, as all his stuff was out of the home place by then, I had stuff there and was helping my mom with the taxes and such so....BUT I lost quite a bit to say the least, Was stuff, I just didn't get too, as every trip back, a truck load came with (Uhaul) I didn't own the big Power Wagon, then so.....Besides it would have still ben cheaper to run the Uhaul then the Power Wagon....LOL

But as I was going to and returning a load came with and those models, were the next trip back too! As I'd set up things as they were to head home to New Hampshire.....

It sucks, I still regret certain things, I had so much still to come (about 3 small Uhaul loads....) But....you win some, and you loose some.....I did get everything else tho..... the more important stuff.

If we had a fire now, I'd loose one HUGE Model Railroader collection! I got every years from 1934 to 1968, then its missed a couple years and restarted in 1971 and runs all the way to 1998, and then a couple missing years and restarts again in 2002 and goes to 2012, I didn't get any 2013 year and maybe a single issue in 2014. I myself am a model railroader on break, that will bedoing both in the near future....

Here's the Dodge side of a Mopar Super Stock team

The Hauler & the first of three Super Stock Darts

Here's the first Dart started

Mini Tubbing #2

The last pic is the #1 built chassis in the center the one on the left what I started with for #2

Car #3 came along after I figured out out of 5 kits that I had enough for a third car that will be 440/727 this pic comes after a painting & assembling session with more coming

Wouldn't happen to have a spare 1968 Dart body by chance? I am in need of one!

sorry to hear of your losses,,, if any one would be interested i have an unopened 1994 thru 2001 style dodge truck model,,,i believe its the pace truck kit ide have to look pm me,,

Well, A few updates of my own modeling work.....

65A100Doomzday004.jpg

65A100Doomzday005.jpg

This was built from the re-REbuilding of the "Dooms Day" Hemi I got and had been taken apart after first being built by me back in the 90's....NOW however its been re-purposed, to go into a 1965 Dodge A-100 (Originally a Little Red Wagon model) that is to become a Monster Truck I'm making it to be with a name of (yep, you guessed it) "Doomz Day" AND the competition number is going to be "A925" to honor the engine its named after, and Chryslers Product number. These were taken as I was adding the wires to the distributors, and color coded them as you can see. And I had to add the blower drive "main" belt. Which on this model, had to be custom made! I turned all the pulleys myself, and custom formed the belts! both front and rear for the drives of the blowers, the "Cam Belts" were/are factory, AMT-Ertl.

65A100Doomzday006.jpg

Showing the spark plug wiring, as it has dual plugs per cylinder, AND they're in place! As well the hand turned coils hanging from the center blower saddle.

65A100Doomzday007.jpg

Showing the front of the engine, with the custom made pulley assembly in place!

65A100Doomzday009.jpg

65A100Doomzday008.jpg

65A100Doomzday011.jpg

Some detail shots of this AMAZING power plant!

More to come in a bit!

Then another "custom" motor. The 444 Ball-Stud Hemi, (I opted to NOT put it in a Barracuda as the real one was done) BUT I'm putting mine into a 67 Charger.....

I made the valve covers to fit sheet platic I had to form the heads. THEN I held onto these parts for a bit till I found/had a motor to put them on. This was a task in itself, As I found a block that was just a bit to short to work, SO I had to take the block and "extend" it a bit to make the heads fit, to look right, as the block was a Little Red Wagon Hemi, that is to be a 426, and its actually pretty small compared to other "426 Hemi" model motors so.... I cut the front of the block off, and used plastic sheet to gain the length to the heads. Once was done, shaped and carved out to fom the outside of the engine block, and the heads glued on very soon after that.

Then, i began detailing it.....This to me is the FUN part, (Yes I enjoy the engine detailing the most!)

Here you see the Carb in place, along with the fuel line from the fuel pump, and the distributor that I turned on my lathe.

I also got a bit to this one that it would have never had the valve cover breather is turned aluminum, and the oil fil cap was taken from a junk valve cover I had with no matching one to it.

Opposite side details showing the spark plug wires.

This one shows the heat lifter pipe that goes to the manifold behind the carburetor.

Better view of the heater tube.

I also made the sensor valve that is a vacuum line to go into the back of the carb... The wire for these lines vary too, this particular one isn't even wire at all. Its soft solder that was glued and painted in place! The spark plug wire is the SAME thing that is offered by Detail Masters, only bought in a 50 ft roll from Radio Shack, for less money, then the Detail Masters stuff, and that detail stuff is 5 bucks for 2 FEET, I got 50 ft from Radio Shack for $3 and change....I think it looks very good, they have other colors too, so I'll be doing some detail collecting from Radio Shack as I can from time to time just to change it up a bit on color....

These last 2 were as I added the distributor in place and the wires stuck up into the air to be placed.....The drivers side of the motor actually got a single wire loom as well!

More later, thats it for now!

Thanks! I'm an odd ball that way.....I just like the odd ends type stuff ,always have on just about everything or so it seems!

As for what it is, its an easier made (then) Hemi that has no rocker shaft inside the top or well under the valve cover, and has like a "Chevy" (I hate that word) set up as far as the rockers themself go.... Was something said to ease the manufacturing issues of making a Hemi motor in the process, as it isn't the easiest design to mass produce! And back then due to that, was to eliminate both the Wedge and the actual "Hemi" type motors, be the best of both worlds so they thought....IF I read the article correctly, there were to be 2 of them, for an ad I seen, a 404 I think and the 444. The 444 is the only one that exsts if I remember wehat I read correctly, BUT it has a discrepancy, its not 444 C.I.D. as they had to bore it a bit as the block had gotten pitted over the years as the motor was stored, NOT together, and that made boring plausible, and bumped the C.I.D. up to I think it was said to a 450 C.I.D.

Needless to say, a VERY interesting motor! The only part with my model not to scale in real life, is the fact I'm putting the model into a 67 Charger, NOT a 67 Barracuda!

there were 3 built,, i forget what happened but dick landy was the one that saved the complete ball stud hemi and instaled it in a 1967 notch back and got it running,,,the notch back was the original car owned by tom hoover of chrysler fame,,,there was a build on that car many years ago called hoovers mover,,,a built 360 or 340 i forget using mixed and matched parts off the mopar shelf,,,ball stud hmei kool ?? i dotn remember much about it,, i seen it at chryslers at carlisle running 2007,,,kinda a shame he took apart tom hoovers mover,,,i replied to ur pm,,

there were 3 built,, i forget what happened but dick landy was the one that saved the complete ball stud hemi and instaled it in a 1967 notch back and got it running,,,the notch back was the original car owned by tom hoover of chrysler fame,,,there was a build on that car many years ago called hoovers mover,,,a built 360 or 340 i forget using mixed and matched parts off the mopar shelf,,,ball stud hmei kool ?? i dotn remember much about it,, i seen it at chryslers at carlisle running 2007,,,kinda a shame he took apart tom hoovers mover,,,i replied to ur pm,,

There were 3 built? That I didn't read, I just knew of the one that was the one in the 67 Notchback 'cuda....I'd LOVE to find a 68 or so 'cuda or one of a close body style that I could customize into a a 68.....(Whole other story.....)

Was I right to read that there were 404 CID and 444 CID Ball-Stud Hemi's to be built back in what was it? 72 or something?I did read that they were to replace ALL Wedge and the 426 Hemi motor for there time due to the strict emissions to begin back then.

Tom Hovers "Mover" did that too have a Ball-Stud Hemi in it? What was powering that?

I got your e-mail, sent a reply!

hoovers mover[ was powered by a small block built with a cross over of off the shelf parts/ did u get my e mail ??? i didnt hear back from uCOLOR]

Yeah I get your e-mail I just replied to it I was out all day yesterday till late looking/scavenging for bits at the Step-Sons neighbor to see what goodies he had, (this time alone, no "wifey" with me!)

But got home, got in the shower and right to bed I was wore out.....

Anyway, check your e-mail!

Here's a good article on the BS Hemi from Mopar Action...

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/BallStudHemi/ballstudhemi.html

...and a bunch of pics from Aruzza High Performance...

http://www.arruzzahighperformance.com/Package/Ball_Stud_Hemi.html

I'll be reading through that! Thanks for posting that! Anything on the 2 different types/sizes made? I'm trying to find out what, beside the size of the bore was different on them, between the two, just for comparison.....

-
Back