wiper motor question

-
Hey Karl, here are pics of Eds wiper motor. # stamped on Eds is 3431730(2spd), but his switch is for a 67 2spd. Could the "year" difference be causing the issue? I have another 2spd switch from 67 that Im sending to Ed. To "match" the 73 motor to switch he would need switch 3488839

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 268
Karl, any chance you found out what wires are spliced???????????

Wow! No splice. they just doubled it back, folded it, then routed it on it's way.

I found a wiring diagram for the wiper motor in the 71 service manual, but not the 67. So if it's the same as 71, then here is how it goes....

The 71 engine Wiring diagram:

View attachment Wpr Diag A06 B.jpg

Close up of the wiper motor diagram:

View attachment Wpr Diag A02 B.jpg

Here's the close up of the wiper motor diagram with my color lines to help trace them:

View attachment Wpr Diag A02 B2.jpg

Here's the 67 Dodge dart engine compartment wiring diagram:

View attachment Wpr Diag A05 B.jpg

Here's the wire that they fold back, then send to the ballast resistor on the motor:

View attachment Wpr Wires A02 B2.jpg

Here's a zoomed out view of the wires:

View attachment Wpr Wires A09 B.jpg

Here is a close up of the 4 way connector going to the wiper motor:

View attachment Wpr Wires A07 B.jpg

Here it is with my color codes:

View attachment Wpr Wires A07 B2.jpg

Here's the wiring diagram out of the 71 service manual:

View attachment Wpr Diag A02 B.jpg

Here is where I colored the wires to match the wiring color codes:

View attachment Wpr Diag A02 B2.jpg

The red, blue, and green wires go from the bulkhead connector to the 4 outlet connector on the wiper motor. The other brown wire from the bulkhead goes directly to one side of the resistor on the motor. then the other wire for the resistor comes off the 4th cavity from the 4 way connector on the wiper motor:

View attachment Wpr Wires A07 B.jpg

Here I color coded the wire to match the color codes I highlighted in the wiring diagram above. Each brown wire goes to one side of the ballast resistor for the motor:

View attachment Wpr Wires A07 B2.jpg

:cheers::prayer::prayer::prayer:Thanks alot Karl. So i wasnt way out in La La land. It just didnt make sense to me to only have 4 wires to bulk head but nothing to resistor.Thanks for the help and the trouble, Edd

Karl, for the life of me I can't find that harness/connector that 4 wire connector (grn bl red brown). I was hoping to help Edd out but I've gone thru a tub full of 67-9 harness and no connector???

Karl, for the life of me I can't find that harness/connector that 4 wire connector (grn bl red brown). I was hoping to help Edd out but I've gone thru a tub full of 67-9 harness and no connector???

Steve, dont worry about the connector. Shes all wired up correct now but it seems to be i do need a different year motor. I have one coming and will update when its done. Thanks everyone for the help.

krazykuda, Finally some good pictures, thanks these are a big help. I am trying to reconstruct the wiring for my 67 Cuda 2 speed wiper motor, info is pretty lean out there. Engine side harness is missing. One question, I , I assume the ballast resistor is the same as for the ignition, but just in case, could you get a resistance measurement of the stock unit? My motor is missing its resistor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

krazykuda, Finally some good pictures, thanks these are a big help. I am trying to reconstruct the wiring for my 67 Cuda 2 speed wiper motor, info is pretty lean out there. Engine side harness is missing. One question, I , I assume the ballast resistor is the same as for the ignition, but just in case, could you get a resistance measurement of the stock unit? My motor is missing its resistor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Im sure its the same but not 100% I have a ballast resistor hooked up now thats the same im using for ignition. Not the same rectangular style , i just made a brkt to hold it on.All works.

Great, Going out to give it a go now, I assume if the resistance is off a little the speed will just be a little off. Probably never know since I don't know how fast slow is. Will let you all know if it works ok.

Thx

Sorry it took so long to get back with you today, it was very busy here with a new utility pole getting installed...

The resistance across the resistor for the wiper motor I'm getting 0.15 ohms...

The ignition ballast is just under 1 ohm...

Both readings takes with all wires disconnected...

-
Back