Wiper motor wiring

-

Mike Biddulph

Reaction score
I have a 69 fastback I am restoring. I can’t seem to get the wiper motor to function. I have the original switch/wiring and motor. I disconnected it and put it back together, nothing else. Now I get no wiper movement. I replaced the motor and still nothing. The switch tests fine. Does anyone have a functional wiring diagram for the 2 speed motor? I was going to hot wire it and need to know what needs power to get basic function

The best info I can give you is to read the factory manual. You can download those at MyMopar.com. The info varies over the years, you might also try the 72 manual. You must pay attention to the type motor you have.

There used to be some info on the Passion site, but that outfit seems to have problems

I have a 69 fastback I am restoring. I can’t seem to get the wiper motor to function. I have the original switch/wiring and motor. I disconnected it and put it back together, nothing else. Now I get no wiper movement. I replaced the motor and still nothing. The switch tests fine. Does anyone have a functional wiring diagram for the 2 speed motor? I was going to hot wire it and need to know what needs power to get basic function
Mike, look at the How-To article I posted a few months ago on how to rebuild a 69 Barracuda 2 speed wiper motor. It includes a detailed description on how to test the motor. Here is a teaser, but read the article. It is pretty detailed. If push comes to shove, send me a PM. MAKE SURE THE WIPER MOTOR HOUSING IS GROUNDED DURING THE TESTING PROCEDURE! Testing the two speed motor is really easy2

120.jpg

121.jpg

126.PNG

Last edited:
Start by making sure the ground strap is clean and making good contact. The motor is rubber mounted and needs that ground to work.

motor and switch grounded. some have ground via the thread/bezel/locknut into the dash
get the 2 speed working first and worry about which wires do the auto park later.
lot of wires so, the manual. As stated by the guys above would be a big help.

I made/used this when I made my own harnesses. Maybe it will help you. Match these up to the back of the switch (they are labeled) and you should be able to troubleshoot it. As noted, be SURE the switch and motor are well grounded!

20230119_110502.jpg

More reference.

Attachments

• 69 Barracuda Factory Wiring REV 3.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 44
-
Back