wiper pivots

-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here we go.. My 66 dart, replaced cowl from a 65, I think valiant. Putting wiper pivots in with new seals, NO way to put seals in. the hole that the pivot goes thru is just barely big enough to put the piece thru, not enough room for the seal to fit thru. Put the seal over the end of the pivot, and then how to get thru the small hole?

This is how I did it.... Greased it up, slid it right on up, and over... Hope the picture gives you some ideas!

I hope I understood what you are trying to do???

Attachments

• W-PIVOT.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 202
This is how I did it.... Greased it up, slid it right on up, and over... Hope the picture gives you some ideas!

OK how do you get this assembly into the hole under dash, the hole there is just big enough to get pivot assembly thru without seal on it.

66 must be different than the 67 up. I just install two pivots with the seals on a 68 with no problem?

66 must be different than the 67 up. I just install two pivots with the seals on a 68 with no problem?
I will tell you, no way I can see to get that part with the seal thru the hole that is there. It is just big enough to get part thru without seal on it. :banghead:

How big is the 65 wiper pivots? 64? Picture, please. smaller then 66? what year uses a nut to fasten wipers ?

My 65 wiper pivots were tight pushing them thru also. Used some dawn dish soap and someone to help me to let me know when I was where I needed to be then pushed them thru. It takes some patience but they fit. Dustin

My 65 wiper pivots were tight pushing them thru also. Used some dawn dish soap and someone to help me to let me know when I was where I needed to be then pushed them thru. It takes some patience but they fit. Dustin
I will look at it again, thanks all

Maybe reach through the ends and slip it on in the middle. Thats why we dont do early a body cars.

Where did you get the white piece?

Ditto. What Tim asked. Inquiring minds want to know. I have a new kit here ready to install.......whenever I get around to it.

Thanks,

Russ.

OK how do you get this assembly into the hole under dash, the hole there is just big enough to get pivot assembly thru without seal on it.

Well Tim, I just put them in with NO Problem at all from under the dash... On my 1965 Barracuda !!!

From my picture, Are your seals a larger diameter then what I show?

Here's a thought... Cut some thin plastic from a gallon milk jug... For size, use your best guess as you are making a funnel for the seal to be jammed though... Wrap this plastic (in a slight cone shape) tightly around the seal leaving enough plastic hanging below so you can pull it out after you get the seal though the hole... Make this slippery with soapy water...

Sell it? :coffee2:

I just used a 3/8" drive short extension. Put the seal on the square side where the socket goes, then walk it up the "flare" and then line the base of the extension up with the wiper pivot and slide it over... :cheers:

It also helps to heat the seal up in the toaster oven at 150° to soften it some to make it easier to stretch. Rubber/foam should be able to take up to 240° easy before damaging/melting it, so I use 150° to be safe....

I just used a 3/8" drive short extension. Put the seal on the square side where the socket goes, then walk it up the "flare" and then line the base of the extension up with the wiper pivot and slide it over... :cheers:

It also helps to heat the seal up in the toaster oven at 150° to soften it some to make it easier to stretch. Rubber/foam should be able to take up to 240° easy before damaging/melting it, so I use 150° to be safe....
Yea, getting the seals on the shaft not that big a deal. Just getting it thru the hole under there. Im wondering if the size is different for 64/66

-
Back