Wiring help needed

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm trying to rewire wire my engine bay almost 20 years after I took it all apart and im having trouble remembering where everything went. All I have is a 20 year old picture of the car before it was dismantled lol. What is the relay that is circled in the before picture? Its beside the brain box on the driver's side inner fender on a 1975 dodge dart.

Screenshot_20201221-051736_Gallery.jpg

So if im not using all that stuff is it ok to leave the relay off? I remember me and @Johnny Mac talked about this once before but I don't remember i need to do to bypass it

So if im not using all that stuff is it ok to leave the relay off? I remember me and @Johnny Mac talked about this once before but I don't remember i need to do to bypass it
If I recall, you can unplug the seatbelts, and remove the interlock button.."relay" under hood and thats all thats needed to bypass it.

If you want to ALSO pull the blue box under the dash...you need to splice the yellow, and yellow tracer wire from the original wiring that ran to that little relay box under hood.

Assuming that is indeed what that is it should be done then. I left the blue box plugged in! Thanks buddy I appreciate it

IF IF this is the seatbelt interlock (reset button out of box) you need to BYPASS the two yellow wires going to the connector which are the start relay trigger. Permanently connect those together

OP if you are going to post photos you need to figure out a way to get ones that "we can see" LOL

Only 74 "should have had" the interlock/ reset, but that doesn't mean that you might have an "early" 75 model year etc

IF IF this is the seatbelt interlock (reset button out of box) you need to BYPASS the two yellow wires going to the connector which are the start relay trigger. Permanently connect those together

OP if you are going to post photos you need to figure out a way to get ones that "we can see" LOL

Only 74 "should have had" the interlock/ reset, but that doesn't mean that you might have an "early" 75 model year etc
Trust me if I had a better picture I would post it. I have two pictures of the engine compartment both are from 2000/2001 neither one is very clear or the best quality. Im thinking its not the seatbelt as i do not remember a red button on it. It seems to me it was just a silver relay with a red wire connection I don't remember a button. Maybe a horn relay?? Im looking thru the wiring diagram and the fsm and I don't see anything on that side.

This is not my picture this is @H22A4 picture i remember he had a 75 as well so I looked through his pictures here is the same relay with the red connector

Screenshot_20201221-211355_Gallery.jpg

Looking at my FSM, that relay with the red connector is for the fuel pacer system. The vacuum switch for the fuel pacer system is mounted closer to the top fender drivers side turn signal light.

I trust your 75 also has fuel pacer option?

Looking at my FSM, that relay with the red connector is for the fuel pacer system. The vacuum switch for the fuel pacer system is mounted closer to the top fender drivers side turn signal light.

I trust your 75 also has fuel pacer option?
Hmm that's interesting. It must have. I'm not seeing that in my fsm I wonder if mine is the wrong year? I'm gonna have to look at that. Was that a 75 only option?

Well that makes more sense now! The fsm i have downloaded is for a 73! I think I remember now that the mymopar only had them up to 73 and not 75. Guess I'm gonna have to find a 75

Screenshot_20201221-225540_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Done some research and you are correct @H22A4 ! Thats exactly what it is! Thank you very much. I guess I can just delete that I have no clue where all the vacuum parts went lol seems like a useless option anyway. I have a bucket full of old relays I bet the relay is in there somewhere

What the %@#!! is a fuel pacer???

An option Chrysler came up with to suck more $ out of your wallet and to perhaps make you feel guilty using too much fuel?

The Fuel Minder was a small vacuum actuated switch that would illuminate the left fender mounted turn signal indicator when engine vacuum was low in attempts to encourage the driver to back their foot off the throttle some.

I kept the fuel pacer hooked up even after I upgraded to a 4bbl and view it as a performance light now.

Ah yes the infamous "fuel pacer." You have to wonder how many people "did not know" what they had, and went back to the dealer about the "turn indicator keeps coming on"

Ah yes the infamous "fuel pacer." You have to wonder how many people "did not know" what they had, and went back to the dealer about the "turn indicator keeps coming on"
Iv owned this car for 20 years and never knew thats what it did lol. I remember seeing it on there but never knew what it was until today

-
Back