With so many changes next year here’s the NHRA race schedule.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2024 Camping World Series schedule includes returns to Phoenix and Chicago

5C4C5C59-06C7-4F3D-B8A8-E3D603E7DD12.jpeg

Looks likes NHRA is going to sleep. Thank you Wally Parks for creating and operating it in spectacular fashion during my lifetime.
:thumbsup:

So many tracks no longer suit top fuel speeds. They are past top speeds in 1k feet than what they were in the 1/4 mile. Whats next? 1/8 mile? Urban sprawl has surrounded so many tracks as well and non race folks don’t want to put up with the noise. They don’t think about the economic benefits a local track brings.

Sad for us race fans and racers.

As street racing becomes more popular and the negative aspects that come along with it, everything will come full circle again, hopefully.

None of the 1/4 mile tracks I know of have gotten any shorter.
They are running similar speeds but now have an extra 320 foot shutdown than they had before.
Excuses put out like that are lame

Big Money Street Racing is alive and well in Las Vegas
and California. Thousands of Dollars change hands
weekly.

Our only track is seldom open for Sportsman Racing.
No race or even Testing for 4 or 5 months.

The point is, and especially from a insurance point of view, they are becoming too short as speeds increase. I don’t like the negativeness of it any more than you do. Cars do have brake and parachute failures. I’ve seen a sprortsman racer blow through the cyclone fence at the end of the sand box at the US Nationals at IRP. For the life of me, I don’t know how he lived through that. He walked away. All that was left of the car was the cage surrounding him. I was tent camping in the adjacent property on the other side of the fence. Imagine my first thing in the morning surprise.

Big Money Street Racing is alive and well in Las Vegas
and California. Thousands of Dollars change hands
weekly.

Our only track is seldom open for Sportsman Racing.
No race or even Testing for 4 or 5 months.
And street racing is well organized, your not going to stop it. When policing and health insurance costs become too much to bear, they will start looking to legal sanctioning organizations like the NHRA to provide an alternative.

Only 2 races left in "The Western Swing".
Without Colorado = It does not make sense to
go on the Western Swing anymore. we have made
the trek over a dozen times over the years. There used
to be a Stock/Superstock race in Woodburn on Wednesday
as well to go to on the way.

1200 Miles up to Seatle/ Then 800 Miles to Sonoma (Both
partly with Mountains) / then 600 Back home.

Our Volvo 500 Toterhome and ATC four car Stacker gets 5 MPG
on that trip eats the best part of $3000.00 just for diesel alone anymore. If
nothing breaks or needs replaced the trip still costs us a $5000 to $6000
hit to our savings account.

NHRA contingencies have dried up and so has the help for our Sponsors.
The competition seems to get tougher ever year (Or may I am getting older) and
it harder to come home with any large checks. Half the contingency sponsors do not
pay sometimes either to make matters worse for Racers who are not Stupid Rich.

Nevertheless, I really miss the friends that I have made at these races that I will
not ever see again!

The legendary Bobby Warren (Whose Grandkids are my friends and have driven my Demon):
Had on the back of his Nova in the 1970's this Quote =
"A few men have become Reasonably Well-Off Thru Racing,
But they were Multimillionaires before they started Racing."

Last edited:
The point is, and especially from a insurance point of view, they are becoming too short as speeds increase. I don’t like the negativeness of it any more than you do. Cars do have brake and parachute failures. I’ve seen a sprortsman racer blow through the cyclone fence at the end of the sand box at the US Nationals at IRP. For the life of me, I don’t know how he lived through that. He walked away. All that was left of the car was the cage surrounding him. I was tent camping in the adjacent property on the other side of the fence. Imagine my first thing in the morning surprise.

again, speeds now are what they were years ago running 1/4 mile. That is fact.
the shutdowns aren’t any shorter, any car with brake or chute issues can end up in the kitty litter. It’s racing.
you are correct regards insurance, politics, etc.
Those things and other poor decisions by NHRA have resulted in being where we are..low pro car counts, less events

I am at work while that show is on so I have only heard about it …..You must watch it often.
I was talking about Drag racing under the NHRA banner.
How did you get that mixed up?

I didn’t mention any names. I
Just have to remember not to post NHRA drag racing stuff on here as there is little interest. Im
A slow learner.

A quick story about NHRA and the insurance.

As i recall there is an insurance surcharge at our National races
for insurance of a whopping $100.00

When I hit the tree and broke some ribs and other injuries in my 80 Dodge Truck =

The Paramedics Iced Me Down and said they wanted to take me to the local Pomona.

However, they would need a Major Valid Credit card to charge before they left the track with me.

I asked them about the NHRA Insurance and the stated "That only includes coverage at while you are
AT THE TRACK" and looked at me like I am an idiot not to know that.

I guess I should sew a major credit card into my fire suit so NHRA does not leave me to DIE ON THE TRACK!

Someone is making a fortune on the Insurance Surcharge unless Ice costs a lot more in California than where I
live.

At 330 mph you are traveling 1 foot in.00444545 seconds, so you travel 320 feet in 1.42255 seconds.

Yeah that extra 320 feet is going to do you alot good Fred Flintstone.

Maybe you can get an ocean liner anchor to put in your car. Put things into the proper perspective dumb ***.

Without Colorado = It does not make sense to
go on the Western Swing anymore. we have made
the trek over a dozen times over the years. There used
to be a Stock/Superstock race in Woodburn on Wednesday
as well to go to on the way.

1200 Miles up to Seatle/ Then 800 Miles to Sonoma (Both
partly with Mountains) / then 600 Back home.

Our Volvo 500 Toterhome and ATC four car Stacker gets 5 MPG
on that trip eats the best part of $3000.00 just for diesel alone anymore. If
nothing breaks or needs replaced the trip still costs us a $5000 to $6000
hit to our savings account.

NHRA contingencies have dried up and so has the help for our Sponsors.
The competition seems to get tougher ever year (Or may I am getting older) and
it harder to come home with any large checks. Half the contingency sponsors do not
pay sometimes either to make matters worse for Racers who are not Stupid Rich.

Nevertheless, I really miss the friends that I have made at these races that I will
not ever see again!

The legendary Bobby Warren (Whose Grandkids are my friends and have driven my Demon):
Had on the back of his Nova in the 1970's this Quote =
"A few men have become Reasonably Well-Off Thru Racing,
But they were Multimillionaires before they started Racing."
Fuel was much cheaper before new tenants moved in White House !
Elections have consequences & we all have less and pay more for Less.

-
Back