WIW...Looking at a '64 Dart.

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
I am looking to buy another old cheap Mopar in a couple of weeks or so and a '64 Dart 2 door has caught my eye. It has a real solid body and is in primer. It is a slant six with a 3 speed on the tree and it can be driven home. He is asking $1500 for it. I figure almost any old Mopar that runs is worth $1500 with a decent body. I am more knowledgeable with the newer a-bodies than the
older ones.

Thought I'd ask here and see what you guys thought.

Slant 6, in primer...$1500 I would say is pretty much top dollar on it, without seeing it anyway.

I bought my 64 270 convertible(same engine and tranny) in similar condition(but original paint minus the rear qtr panel that had been rusted>bonded>color matched) for $2300 from the original owner 10 yrs ago if that helps. Had a new top and carpet, but stock otherwise.

Those have a lot of pot metal and chrome trim (especially the GT's), so make sure it is relatively complete. It tracking it all down at a decent price can be tricky. I've got a 64 GT vert that's a lot of fun. Good luck!

I called the guy on it today and he said that he would not take any less than $1800 for it. At $1800, I am kinda skeptical about it. I know that is a $300 difference but when you are an unemployed college student, $300 is $300.

-
Back