Working on electronic ignition conversion for HP273 dual point distributors

-
I have to find the info of the grease inside the cap. It is just on the rotor, behind the tip.

Oh man, what a roller coaster ride! If this keeps up I'm going to need some drammamine, lol! At least I had an afternoon of believing I was the right color. It was nice while it lasted...

I also realized, after carefully relieving that area of interference on my vac advance with pin grinder (it came out nice!), that the diaphragm was blown...oops, I guess I shouldv'e checked that first?

Oh well, hopefully those are still available for cast iron dual point distributors? I'll check with my Napa bud on Monday.

Lots of progress otherwise today. The Barracuda is coming together! Thanks to all for your comments. They make even learning the hard way fun!
Sometimes you find them cheap on Ebay. I paid usd 40 for two nos ones.

DSC01150.JPG

Stunning service bulletin halifaxhops! I'm still wondering about that one. Maybe just the thinnest layer spread with my pinky finger?

I struck out this time with Napa, but I have ordered the correct vacuum advance for this distributor from Mancini Racing;

Mancini Racing Distributor Vacuum Advance Canister

There were a couple NOS ones for over $100.00 and a used one for $25.00 on the web, but how long would thier 50 year old diaphragms hold up?

The Mancini ones are new manufactured and said to be just like original for $85.99 + shipping. In stock, and will ship today too!

I may have the job done by Memorial day yet! If not, I think I can always drive limply down the road with a the bad advance, as it was before :(

-
Back